Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

Ogoma

I mailed mine off today. I don't expect them to recieve it until end of week (mailed from Canada). Hopefully, I'll have my results by mid-August.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hey ladies :grin:! So last night I set up my dropbox account and now I'm waiting to hear back within the next 7 business days for my results :grin:. I will let you ladies know about my results after my consultation :yep:.

AllyMD

Hi all,

I am not new to the board, but I usually just lurk and read :look:. I submitted my hair to the service and I have received my analysis yesterday afternoon. I have to say, it was well worth the money.

I have been natrual since 2006 and have big chopped twice since that time (I enjoy cutting my hair, especially when I'm stressed or bored :spinning:), but I am about mid back length currently. I was intrigued by the analysis and decided to jump in and see what they would tell me.

First, I received about 25 pictures in my dropbox the morning of the phone call and I received a call from Rene later on that day. She went through each picture with me, explaining what I was seeing and the best way to combat the problems..

I have complex strand knots, rather than the common single strand, which she told me need to be snipped out since they can cause further damage. In addition, she told me that me splits were about 1/4" from the ends of my hair, so a small trim would be best. She reviewed my cuticles with me and told me that my hair was high porosity and that the protein treatment I was using was working because she could see where it was deposited on my hair shaft and that was a good thing and continue with protein treatments.

She then just reviewed my supplement choices, advised me against the ususal suspects--mineral oil, parabens, sulfates etc--and said that she would contact me in three weeks to check my progress and then resubmit my hair in another 3 months for a second look. She answered all of my questions and told me to give her a call if I had any further issues. This is a great service and if you can afford it, I would really suggest the investment!

faithVA

[USER=13658 said:
walkerca[/USER];16527365]Hi all,

I am not new to the board, but I usually just lurk and read :look:. I submitted my hair to the service and I have received my analysis yesterday afternoon. I have to say, it was well worth the money.

I have been natrual since 2006 and have big chopped twice since that time (I enjoy cutting my hair, especially when I'm stressed or bored :spinning:), but I am about mid back length currently. I was intrigued by the analysis and decided to jump in and see what they would tell me.

First, I received about 25 pictures in my dropbox the morning of the phone call and I received a call from Rene later on that day. She went through each picture with me, explaining what I was seeing and the best way to combat the problems..

I have complex strand knots, rather than the common single strand, which she told me need to be snipped out since they can cause further damage. In addition, she told me that me splits were about 1/4" from the ends of my hair, so a small trim would be best. She reviewed my cuticles with me and told me that my hair was high porosity and that the protein treatment I was using was working because she could see where it was deposited on my hair shaft and that was a good thing and continue with protein treatments.

She then just reviewed my supplement choices, advised me against the ususal suspects--mineral oil, parabens, sulfates etc--and said that she would contact me in three weeks to check my progress and then resubmit my hair in another 3 months for a second look. She answered all of my questions and told me to give her a call if I had any further issues. This is a great service and if you can afford it, I would really suggest the investment!

What a great post to come out of lurkdom :yep: I am glad that you had such positive results with the analysis.

Did she say what caused the knots? or how to prevent them? What protein treatments are you using?

Thanks for sharing your results.

daviine

I want to do it but I'm nervous they may tell me to BC or something.

Are you guys clarifying before you send the hair in? I'm going to start prepping by pulling hairs out or gathering from the floor, lol.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I'm going to start prepping by pulling hairs out or gathering from the floor, lol.
The instructions says not to pull hair from the root that they can tell better by your natural hair fall of shed hairs. I, however, already had a couple of plucked hairs that I had added to my shed hair before I got my package :lol: :ohwell:.

AllyMD

What a great post to come out of lurkdom :yep: I am glad that you had such positive results with the analysis.

Did she say what caused the knots? or how to prevent them? What protein treatments are you using?

Thanks for sharing your results.
She suggested my complex knots were possibly due to sleeping without my hair bound at night, regardless of whether or not you sleep on a satin/silk pillowcase. As the cuticle is lifted from the shaft, it snags on other pieces of hair and the knot gets bigger. I have to admit that there have been times that I have had a lazy moment, so I could see this happening. She said simply to braid or tie your hair up at night to stop the ends especially from snagging on anything else.

For protein, I had a keratin treatment 8 months ago. Since then, I have used Coppola keratin conditioner, but since it is full of everything she advised against, I am on the hunt for another. I se Giovanni has a keratin infused conditioner, so I may look into this...

daviine

tashboog said:
The instructions says not to pull hair from the root that they can tell better by your natural hair fall of shed hairs. I, however, already had a couple of plucked hairs that I had added to my shed hair before I got my package :lol: :ohwell:.

Thanks tashboog. This means I'd have to weed through all my broken hairs. That's why I wanted to pluck them. I thought it'd be easier, lol.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Thanks @tashboog. This means I'd have to weed through all my broken hairs. That's why I wanted to pluck them. I thought it'd be easier, lol.
I sent all the hair I had in my shower including my broken hairs. I'm pretty sure they can still provide an accurate analysis with the sample that you provide :yep:. I wouldn't take the time to separate your hair, but just make sure that your hair is clean and product free :grin:.

faithVA

I want to do it but I'm nervous they may tell me to BC or something.

Are you guys clarifying before you send the hair in? I'm going to start prepping by pulling hairs out or gathering from the floor, lol.

Ladies, please do not pluck hair from your head.

Your hair has a normal growth cycle and she can tell what stage a strand is in. If the strand is in a growth or resting stage and comes out by the root, it will lead her to believe you have a thinning issue. If you pluck hairs you will lead her to believe that you are going bald prematurely. It will look like your hair is coming out prematurely throwing off your results.

Be patient and let your hair shed naturally so you can get accurate results.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I'm nervous about my analysis too. I sent in a ball of hair yesterday and will be anxiously awaiting the results.

I'm going to write down some questions that I can ask her when she calls.

Onhergrind09

I just got an email today saying I can view my results in 7 days, yay! I'm scared and excited at the same time but I'm thinking positive cause I know I've been taking way better care of my hair these past two years than I did previously.

coyacoy

walkerca said:
Hi all,

I have been natrual since 2006 and have big chopped twice since that time (I enjoy cutting my hair, especially when I'm stressed or bored :spinning:), but I am about mid back length currently. I was intrigued by the analysis and decided to jump in and see what they would tellt, I received about 25 pictures in my dropbox the morning of the phone call and I received a call from Rene later on that day. She went through each picture with me, explaining what I was seeing and the best way to combat the problems..

Thanks so much for sharing your experience walkerca!!! Very positive results - congratulations :). Curious wut kind of protein treatment(s) are u using?

Eta: i see u answered that already up thread. I've never heard of complex strand knots!!! Sounds....well, complex! :)

Last edited:

coyacoy

tashboog said:
I sent all the hair I had in my shower including my broken hairs. I'm pretty sure they can still provide an accurate analysis with the sample that you provide :yep:. I wouldn't take the time to separate your hair, but just make sure that your hair is clean and product free :grin:.

This, yes, for sure - send them on in broken hairs and all :)

coyacoy

Onhergrind09 said:
I just got an email today saying I can view my results in 7 days, yay! I'm scared and excited at the same time but I'm thinking positive cause I know I've been taking way better care of my hair these past two years than I did previously.

Onhergrind09 ....good luck! Thinking positive thoughts for you!!! :)

coyacoy

Arian said:
I'm nervous about my analysis too. I sent in a ball of hair yesterday and will be anxiously awaiting the results.

I'm going to write down some questions that I can ask her when she calls.

Arian ...that is a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing

AllyMD

Thanks so much for sharing your experience walkerca!!! Very positive results - congratulations :). Curious wut kind of protein treatment(s) are u using?

Eta: i see u answered that already up thread. I've never heard of complex strand knots!!! Sounds....well, complex! :)
I had a BKT done about 8 months ago and since then, I had been using Coppola keratin infused conditioner. In addition, I also would use a clear rinse monthly in order to help seal cuticles. I'm in the process of finding another protein conditioner that does not contain all the no-no's that I am supposed to avoid.

Also, I am involved in crossfit as a workout plan, so I eat a protein heavy diet and I think that helps out a little as well...

coyacoy

walkerca said:
I had a BKT done about 8 months ago and since then, I had been using Coppola keratin infused conditioner. In addition, I also would use a clear rinse monthly in order to help seal cuticles. I'm in the process of finding another protein conditioner that does not contain all the no-no's that I am supposed to avoid.

Also, I am involved in crossfit as a workout plan, so I eat a protein heavy diet and I think that helps out a little as well...

walkerca....have u checked out komaza care's protein strengthener? All good ingredients and none of the no nos...i use it faithfully every 2-3 weeks

CurlsOnFire23

Random Though: Since i've been on this site, I think i've ordered some kind of hair product (literally) every 2 days. lol..

I'm going to try this Komaza Care analysis next month.

coyacoy

CurlsOnFire23 said:
Random Though: Since i've been on this site, I think i've ordered some kind of hair product (literally) every 2 days. lol..

I'm going to try this Komaza Care analysis next month.

Lol CurlsOnFire23 :) ...and ditto

4HisGlory

My hair is currently about 8" long but due to the tension of wearing wet puffs for an extending period of time, I have many broken spots throughout my head. These spots are about 1 - 2 inches. I am wondering how she will get this picture without actually seeing what I'm talking about and how the analysis will help me to grow these areas back?

coyacoy

nappygirl said:
My hair is currently about 8" long but due to the tension of wearing wet puffs for an extending period of time, I have many broken spots throughout my head. These spots are about 1 - 2 inches. I am wondering how she will get this picture without actually seeing what I'm talking about and how the analysis will help me to grow these areas back?

nappygirl....u would be able to explain that in the questionnaire they send u because it asks about any problems you are experiencing or something to that effect; u would also have an opportunity to discuss that issue during the analysis results call. Also given that u would be sending in shed hairs she would able to discern areas of breakage. She will advise based on the 'issues' she finds specific to your hair...hth & good luck! :)

4HisGlory

coyacoy - Thanks for that reassurance! I was gonna order anyway. LOL! Just wanted confirmation that she would be able to analyze the areas of breakage.

Just placed my order and used your customer code.:thankyou:

Sounds like this is a 2 - 3 week long process, so I'll try to muster every ounce of patience in my being and wait. Very excited!!!!!!

coyacoy

nappygirl said:
coyacoy - Thanks for that reassurance! I was gonna order anyway. LOL! Just wanted confirmation that she would be able to analyze the areas of breakage.

Just placed my order and used your customer code.:thankyou:

Sounds like this is a 2 - 3 week long process, so I'll try to muster every ounce of patience in my being and wait. Very excited!!!!!!

nappygirl...that is great news!! Congrats on doing it! And thanks for using my code. I am so excited to read about everyone's results and can't wait for them to start rolling in!! I'm gonna need some patience mustering myself lol. Thanks again for sharing and i truly hope the analysis will be beneficial to u on ur hair journey :)