Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

faithVA

[USER=147242 said:
Arian[/USER];16614491]I think my question above got lost in the shuffle of reports :lol:

They will send you an email.

They email you when they get your sample.
They email you when they are ready to review your sample. And you will agree on your review time via email.

They will give you call on your agreed upon date and time.

You are going to be on pins and needles until at least 5 minutes into the call :lol:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
@Arian, yes, someone will email you to step up a call time.

They will send you an email.

They email you when they get your sample.
They email you when they are ready to review your sample. And you will agree on your review time via email.

They will give you call on your agreed upon date and time.

You are going to be on pins and needles until at least 5 minutes into the call :lol:

Thanks to both of you...

The question was probably answered earlier in the thread and I was just too lazy to read :lol:

mg1979

Hisbeloved said:
mg1979- She recommended that I shampoo once a week but didn't say sulfate free or with sulfates. I'll ask her on Monday. Good question. I'm almost sure its without since I'm having a problem obtaining moisture. yodie-I'm not sure if I'm doing anything right or not. She said that they were examining it and found it unusual to have such flat cuticles on curled hair. They think its genetics. If I knew how, I would try to upload some pics.

How did it go yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hisbeloved

How did it go yesterday?

Not too well. While the back of my hair is very healthy. The front appear to be very unhealthy. I have lots of splits down the hair shaft and bubbles. She says it looks like heat damage but I can't tell you the last time I used heat. I'm thinking it may be from the tangle teezer. I haven't used it in probably 9 months to a year but I can't think of what else would cause me to have splits in the middle of a strand of hair. She's going to do more research and call me back again later this week. I'm really upset but I knew it was coming because the front of my head is the reason I did the analysis in the first place. She told me not to make any changes until she calls me back with a plan. We'll see how it goes. I'm already ready to shave it all off and start over.

coyacoy

Hisbeloved said:
Not too well. While the back of my hair is very healthy. The front appear to be very unhealthy. I have lots of splits down the hair shaft and bubbles. She says it looks like heat damage but I can't tell you the last time I used heat. I'm thinking it may be from the tangle teezer. I haven't used it in probably 9 months to a year but I can't think of what else would cause me to have splits in the middle of a strand of hair. She's going to do more research and call me back again later this week. I'm really upset but I knew it was coming because the front of my head is the reason I did the analysis in the first place. She told me not to make any changes until she calls me back with a plan. We'll see how it goes. I'm already ready to shave it all off and start over.

Hisbeloved....thanks for the update....what great customer service with the ongoing follow up and all!!! Thinking good thoughts for ya! :)

4HisGlory

Hisbeloved . . . Sorry to hear that! I'm not sure if you said already, but I was just interested to know what visible signs you were seeing the front of your hair before the analysis.

Hopefully you won't have to BC . . . I hope she can help you develop a plan to nurse your hair back to health.

faithVA

@Hisbeloved . . . Sorry to hear that! I'm not sure if you said already, but I was just interested to know what visible signs you were seeing the front of your hair before the analysis.

Hopefully you won't have to BC . . . I hope she can help you develop a plan to nurse your hair back to health.

I am hoping this as well. :yep:

faithVA

Big Chop Update: Its been a week and a half since my big chop. And as dreaded as cutting may be I just wanted to let you ladies know that it only took a week to adjust. I am starting to enjoy my hair even at 2". I am playing with some new products and experimenting with creating a textured fro. Things are working out well.

Be encouraged ladies. Even if you have to do a slight trim, you will quickly adjust and enjoy having fun with healthier hair.

mg1979

Hisbeloved said:
Hello everyone! I had my phone call today as well. First of all I was told that I have lots of cuticles and that they were long and flat leaving me with low porosity. I spoke with Rene and she said that this was the first time they had to use a special microscope to see someone's cuticles. Because of this, product just sit on top of my hair and my problem is moisture. I'm totally shocked because all this time I've been thinking I needed protein and my hair wants more moisture. As far as split ends go, she said I can cut about 1/4th of an inch and that should take care of it. She said that co-washing was not good for me especially since product just sits on top but that i would benefit from pre-pooing and using shampoo. She recommended a regular deep conditioning once a week with the steamer. She didn't recommend any products but I kinda wish she would've. I've been guessing at this for waaaaaay to long.

I have a problem area in the top/front of my head where it breaks with little to no manipulation but it didn't show with her analysis. I asked her if she could take a look at some of the shorter hair samples because the longer ones are from the back and I know those are healthy but I was more concerned with the frequent breakage and lack of growth in the front. She's going to review it and get back to me Monday. I'll update you guys when I hear from her next week. I'm excited because I'm finally learning the "truth" about my hair. I thought my hair was thin and she said it was medium to thick strands. Its actually healthier than it looks. I have no heat damage at all. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share.

Feel free to use my referral code: HE9H7F8H. 5% off your first online purchase.

Hisbeloved said:

I'm sorry to hear about the front. It kinda bothers me that she didn't see it in her first analysis. You had to point it out to her.

LilMissSunshine5

All you ladies, thank you for sharing your results! :bighug: Something is not working for my hair and I am tired of the guesswork, so this is a lifesaver...thank you all for so graciously sharing all your results and pictures! I am a scientist, so this type of analysis spoke to me :grin: I will be ordering this soon thanks to all the information you ladies provided :yep:

Hisbeloved- I am sorry the news wasn't good, but at least now you know what you are up against! My hair sounds very similar to yours, so I am interested in what they will have to say. I have been holding onto my tangle teezer because it detangles my hair like no other, but you have convinced me to finally give it up for good! I guess I will be ordering a seamless widetooth comb and hoping for the best :lol: It is great that you asked insightful questions and got to the bottom of the issue :clapping:

The customer service sounds great! I will come prepared with all my questions, concerns, and requests written down :giggle:

Ogoma

I sort of don't want to hear my results :lol:. I think my hair is relatively good shape, but maybe I don't know what relatively good shape is. I am trying not to think about it, but it is not working.

faithVA

I haven't given up my tangle teezer just yet :nono: I know people hate it. But I bought some of those seamless combs - bone ones or whichever. They proceeded to snatch my hair right out.

I will talk to her about it for my strands before I get rid of it. My little coils love it.

And I've started combing my fro with a scalp massager :look: Yeah, but it works.

mg1979

faithVA said:
I haven't given up my tangle teezer just yet :nono: I know people hate it. But I bought some of those seamless combs - bone ones or whichever. They proceeded to snatch my hair right out.

I will talk to her about it for my strands before I get rid of it. My little coils love it.

And I've started combing my fro with a scalp massager :look: Yeah, but it works.

I love my Tangle Teaser, too! I even bought a denman to use when I'm cleaning/soaking my TT, and I hate it! I want to get a second one for backup.

Hisbeloved

Hisbeloved . . . Sorry to hear that! I'm not sure if you said already, but I was just interested to know what visible signs you were seeing the front of your hair before the analysis.

The front and back are night and day. The front is thin, the back is thick. The front breaks easily, you can pull the back with a mack truck and its going no where. The front doesn't retain length, the back grows well. I was really concerned with the front and I've tried everything I know to do so the hair analysis sounded perfect. I'm glad I did it. Can't wait to hear from her cause I'm ready to move forward. I'm now ok with cutting my hair if need be. I don't want to fight to keep something that's damaged and could possibly cause more damage. Time to move on towards my hair goals and I'm not letting some mid shaft splits get in the way. :nono2:

Hisbeloved

I'm sorry to hear about the front. It kinda bothers me that she didn't see it in her first analysis. You had to point it out to her.

True! She had nothing but good things and I kept saying "are you looking at my hair?" lol What made me suspicious was when she starting talking about the length of my hair. That's when I told her that the front of my hair is a lot shorter, its thin and it breaks in small pieces when manipulated. She did give me an explanation for looking at the longer pieces but I don't remember what it was. She says that she's really intrigued by my hair because its like 2 different heads of hair.

faithVA

[USER=105429 said:
mg1979[/USER];16631815]I love my Tangle Teaser, too! I even bought a denman to use when I'm cleaning/soaking my TT, and I hate it! I want to get a second one for backup.

Yeah I trashed my denman this week. I've tried that thing every kind of way, with every kind of product and it just isn't working :nono: I do have a back=up tangle teezer and my mom's because she never uses hers.

I will be selling my seamless combs when I stop being too lazy to put them in the exchange forum.

coyacoy

Hey there ladies ....so i received my analysis results back in the beginning of June so i am coming upon the 3 month mark first week of September!!! I have followed the advice i received and can't WAIT to receive my follow up analysis results!! It just occurred to me that i am but a few weeks away from finding out whether what I've been doing has made a positive impact!!

yodie

I'm so excited for everyone.
Happy to report back that my sweet mom gave me a cute hair cute. I still have some rough ends on the side of my head just because it's already so short, but my cut is cute and I don't have anymore bad ends (except for one side). I'm soo happy. I'm ditching the wig and taking care of my hair.

faithVA

Hey there ladies ....so i received my analysis results back in the beginning of June so i am coming upon the 3 month mark first week of September!!! I have followed the advice i received and can't WAIT to receive my follow up analysis results!! It just occurred to me that i am but a few weeks away from finding out whether what I've been doing has made a positive impact!!

Wow that went by fast. Can you tell any difference coyacoy?

faithVA

Happy to report back that my sweet mom gave me a cute hair cute. I still have some rough ends on the side of my head just because it's already so short, but my cut is cute and I don't have anymore bad ends (except for one side). I'm soo happy. I'm ditching the wig and taking care of my hair.

Are you coming into the twa thread?

coyacoy

yodie said:

Congrats yodie!!! :)

coyacoy

faithVA said:
Wow that went by fast. Can you tell any difference coyacoy?

faithVA....it did go by fast! Even when rene emailed after the first month had passed i felt like that flew by as well! Overall the biggest difference for me post-analysis as opposed to pre is that i just have a general really good feeling about knowing what the heck to do with this head! I know several of us have already stated how wonderful it is or would be to have some clarity with regards to our hair and that is truly the biggest difference for me. Feeling very positive about my hair and care routine as a result of this.

Other than that i am getting less tangles ...and a whole lot less breakage! The difference is huge as compared to a couple of months ago. I seem to be actually retaining now as well!! #knocks wood :) ...i took b4 pics and will take after ones when i send in my next sample and then will post.

yodie

Thanks ladies.

faithVA I don't have a twa. I have a short, layered cut that tapers at the base of my neck. My hair feels so much healthier without the dead weight. I'm curious to see how my next analysis turns out.

Last edited:

CoutureMe06

I may try this out. Im natural but my hair is so dry! No problem retaining length but I'm at the point where I cannot wear my hair in a natural state. Doesn't curl in many places and is just dry!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I haven't heard anything yet. Not even an email with arrangements for a call.. :sad:

Maybe this week...

I had one cut before I sent the hair sample and one cut after I sent, so what she might tell me to cut may already be out of my head. Hopefully, if there is any more to be cut, she will tell me to cut it slowly. I am already starting to retain moisture a little better since co-washing and moisturizing daily.

Just ready to get it over with really.

Last edited: