Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

faithVA

Ok . . . I always go the stylist for my trims because I tried DIY once and I was all jacked up. I just let her cut what she feels is necessary, without much direction (irk). I'm nervous that she might have not been cutting enough and Komaza Care will tell me to cut like 5" off. Relax, Relate, Release . . . I know I'm putting the cart before the horse. Let me stop worrying. Dang, 2 more weeks. . . that's a long time.

Yes stop worry. She's not going to tell you that. But we all understand your anxiety because we've already been there :lol: It is crazy waiting.

faithVA

Hello everyone! I had my phone call today as well. First of all I was told that I have lots of cuticles and that they were long and flat leaving me with low porosity. I spoke with Rene and she said that this was the first time they had to use a special microscope to see someone's cuticles. Because of this, product just sit on top of my hair and my problem is moisture. I'm totally shocked because all this time I've been thinking I needed protein and my hair wants more moisture. As far as split ends go, she said I can cut about 1/4th of an inch and that should take care of it. She said that co-washing was not good for me especially since product just sits on top but that i would benefit from pre-pooing and using shampoo. She recommended a regular deep conditioning once a week with the steamer. She didn't recommend any products but I kinda wish she would've. I've been guessing at this for waaaaaay to long.

I have a problem area in the top/front of my head where it breaks with little to no manipulation but it didn't show with her analysis. I asked her if she could take a look at some of the shorter hair samples because the longer ones are from the back and I know those are healthy but I was more concerned with the frequent breakage and lack of growth in the front. She's going to review it and get back to me Monday. I'll update you guys when I hear from her next week. I'm excited because I'm finally learning the "truth" about my hair. I thought my hair was thin and she said it was medium to thick strands. Its actually healthier than it looks. I have no heat damage at all. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share.

Feel free to use my referral code: HE9H7F8H. 5% off your first online purchase.

Well dang that was simple :lol: Except for the front part. Wow! you have great ends. Go with your 1/4". I hope she can find out more about the front. I said next time I would make sure to get hair from all my sections.

And if you want recommendations, when you speak with her on Monday, just let her know. She would be glad to. I think they just don't want to push product.

I think they are having fun with this. We are showing them all types of hair :lol:

coyacoy

faithVA said:
That was very helpful. Even though I've already had mine, each time someone shares I learn more.

Did she give you any whys. Like what is the difference in DC on dirty hair vs. clean hair?

And why water + oil = dry hair?

Just curious

Ditto!! :)

yodie

Hisbeloved congrats on having healthy hair. You must be doing something right. Yours seems like an easy fix. I guess all of us have easy fixes as long as we stick to what they suggest.

Thanks for sharing.

Ogoma

Ok . . . I always go the stylist for my trims because I tried DIY once and I was all jacked up. I just let her cut what she feels is necessary, without much direction (irk). I'm nervous that she might have not been cutting enough and Komaza Care will tell me to cut like 5" off. Relax, Relate, Release . . . I know I'm putting the cart before the horse. Let me stop worrying. Dang, 2 more weeks. . . that's a long time.

I have had a cut once in a salon (shape-up in October 2011) and self-trimmed once this past April since my BC in June 2011. I know I might be due for another trim, about half an inch or so, but I am scared she is going to ask me to cut 2 inches or more. I am just getting past the point where my hair is awkward and hard to do much with and I am dreading have to go back there. But, I will do what ever is needed so I don't waste time holding onto hair that needs to go.

4HisGlory

faithVA - LOL! Ok, you're right. I'm going to stop coming in here telling ya'll that. Everyone has/is feeling the same way.

I'm impressed at the detailed feedback that everyone is receiving. I already feel like I got my money's worth and I haven't even had my analysis. LOL! We'll all have WL hair in no time.

Keep those results coming ladies!

4HisGlory

I have had a cut once in a salon (shape-up in October 2011) and self-trimmed once this past April since my BC in June 2011. I know I might be due for another trim, about half an inch or so, but I am scared she is going to ask me to cut 2 inches or more. I am just getting past the point where my hair is awkward and hard to do much with and I am dreading have to go back there. But, I will do what ever is needed so I don't waste time holding onto hair that needs to go.

Girl, I'm sure we will all be cutting for the sake of healthy hair. It's just how much at this point. Well, you will have your results soon so there will be no more guessing.

faithVA

I don't know why you ladies are worried about her telling you to trim. I don't think most of the results in this thread have been that drastic. And for those that were, we already knew it. You know when your is hair bad. :yep: It's not like you are going to be walking around one day with swanging hair and then she calls you and tells you, its damaged and you have to cut off 5". :lachen:

Relax, relax, relax.

faithVA

I thought chopping my hair off was going to be some big deal. I think all of 3 people at work said something the entire week :look: I was a bit disappointed. Nobody even cares I don't have any hair :lol:

Ogoma

I thought chopping my hair off was going to be some big deal. I think all of 3 people at work said something the entire week :look: I was a bit disappointed. Nobody even cares I don't have any hair :lol:

It is always the case isn't it :lol:. You are so sure you'll be the center of attention when you make a major change and silence. I think they notice, they are just not sure if they should let you know they notice.

Onhergrind09

Pict 1: Apparently my hair did something unique in the first pict. There is some damage where it tapers in, but they're not sure what it is. They're researching it to find how it happened, lol and she'll let me know what's up at my 3 week follow-up phone call. My hair would be the one to do something unheard of, smh,:grin:.

Pict 2: Healthy hair strand

Pict 3: damaged strand 1/4 of an inch long.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120810_110657.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120810_110657.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20120810_110711.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120810_110711.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 148
  • ForumRunner_20120810_110726.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120810_110726.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

faithVA

I wonder if we can see our strands at this level with just a very basic microscope. Anyone have a microscope at home? I would be willing to get one if I could see this before it gets too bad.

mg1979

Hisbeloved said:
Hello everyone! I had my phone call today as well. First of all I was told that I have lots of cuticles and that they were long and flat leaving me with low porosity. I spoke with Rene and she said that this was the first time they had to use a special microscope to see someone's cuticles. Because of this, product just sit on top of my hair and my problem is moisture. I'm totally shocked because all this time I've been thinking I needed protein and my hair wants more moisture. As far as split ends go, she said I can cut about 1/4th of an inch and that should take care of it. She said that co-washing was not good for me especially since product just sits on top but that i would benefit from pre-pooing and using shampoo. She recommended a regular deep conditioning once a week with the steamer. She didn't recommend any products but I kinda wish she would've. I've been guessing at this for waaaaaay to long.

I have a problem area in the top/front of my head where it breaks with little to no manipulation but it didn't show with her analysis. I asked her if she could take a look at some of the shorter hair samples because the longer ones are from the back and I know those are healthy but I was more concerned with the frequent breakage and lack of growth in the front. She's going to review it and get back to me Monday. I'll update you guys when I hear from her next week. I'm excited because I'm finally learning the "truth" about my hair. I thought my hair was thin and she said it was medium to thick strands. Its actually healthier than it looks. I have no heat damage at all. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share.

Feel free to use my referral code: HE9H7F8H. 5% off your first online purchase.

Hisbeloved: thanks for sharing! I'm also low porosity. I just took up cowashing the last few months. I like being able to clean my scalp mid week, but noticed I had more product sitting on my hair when I styled after a cowash. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong. Did she say how often to shampoo? Did she mention if it should have sulfates or not?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Onhergrind09

mg1979, I asked the same question she told me that if you're not using natural products and/or you have chemically treated hair it's best to wash with a sulfate shampoo

Hisbeloved

mg1979- She recommended that I shampoo once a week but didn't say sulfate free or with sulfates. I'll ask her on Monday. Good question. I'm almost sure its without since I'm having a problem obtaining moisture. yodie-I'm not sure if I'm doing anything right or not. She said that they were examining it and found it unusual to have such flat cuticles on curled hair. They think its genetics. If I knew how, I would try to upload some pics.

coyacoy

Ogoma - re: the bolded - i think that outlook is awesome. i am finding that for me willingness and consistency to remove bad ends definitely makes the difference between healthy and unhealthy hair. even if you do have to cut that much it will just be one step closer to the hair of your dreams :yawn:

coyacoy

@faithVA - LOL! Ok, you're right. I'm going to stop coming in here telling ya'll that. Everyone has/is feeling the same way.

I'm impressed at the detailed feedback that everyone is receiving. I already feel like I got my money's worth and I haven't even had my analysis. LOL! We'll all have WL hair in no time.

Keep those results coming ladies!

nappygirl - ditto, lol! I am LOVING the willingness to share results. I will be looking forward to the next couple of weeks since so many are expecting results then! :yep:

coyacoy

Pict 1: Apparently my hair did something unique in the first pict. There is some damage where it tapers in, but they're not sure what it is. They're researching it to find how it happened, lol and she'll let me know what's up at my 3 week follow-up phone call. My hair would be the one to do something unheard of, smh,:grin:.

Pict 2: Healthy hair strand

Pict 3: damaged strand 1/4 of an inch long.

wow, Onhergrind09 - love seeing the slides - thanks for sharing those! I never could get mine to post - did you just doing the normal way we post pics to a thread? No biggie, just curious. It is very interesting to see how different the images are for each person! :yep:

Onhergrind09

coyacoy, in order to post the slides I opened up Dropbox on my phone and saved the pictures to my phone's gallery, then I signed into LHCF on my phone and attached the pictures from my gallery. I tried posting them the usual way on my computer several different ways with no luck.

yodie

I'm following Komaza's advice. I did a protein treatment before I get my hair straightened and trimmed tomorrow. I'm going to use heat once or twice a month, but I will ALWAYS AND FOREVER do a protein treatment beforehand. I'm also going to use coconut oil on my ends at least twice a week. I hope to have better results in 3 months.

coyacoy

yodie - that is great advice! i thought i knew the benefits of protein before my analysis, but actually seeing the weak areas of my hair and hearing rene say that i needed protein to fill in those areas made all the difference!! :grin: I will never again skimp on the protein !

coyacoy

I want too get this now... :lol:

lol NappyNelle - do it! do it!! and then tell us alllll about your results :drunk::spinning:

if you do, don't forget to use a referral code - there are several floating around this thread now - you will get 5% off your first purchase! (if you've never purchased from Komaza before). It's worth every penny!!! :yep: