Itch Relief for Sew in Weave-Wearers

FearfullyMade

Hello All,

I have been wearing a sew-in since March of 09. I love sew-ins as a protective style, but the itchyness was driving me crazy.:pullhair: I thought to myself " I need something that will get to my scalp and into the tracks.":thought:

So I started using 2 inch straight bobby pins, but they weren't long enough so I started using the 3 inches straight bobby pins that can be purchased at any Sally's. :sweet: I think using the bobby pins help stimulate my scalp and loosens any product build up that can build up between the weave track and your hair.

phillyrn

It's funny to come along this thread as I was actively pattin my weave while searching for something to stick in there

Leesh

A Good scratching utensil, would be a Rat Tail comb, Boy! I carry it everywhere I go, I put it on the nightstand at Bed Time :spinning: You should see Me all sleepy reaching over for it, But what may Help as well, is Peppermint Essential Oils mixed in a Carrier Oil, put it in an applicator bottle and drip it down in between the tracks, or Tea Tree Oil. HTH!

FearfullyMade

Hey Phillyrn,

I'm telling you, the bobby pins really work! I keep a pin tucked in the side so when the itchies come and I get instant relief.:yep:

FearfullyMade

Hey Leesh,
Thanks for the advice, because I use both peppermint and tea tree oil, I put them in a spray bottle with glycerin.

PPGbubbles

Lawd Jesus puh-lease tell me you havent had the same sew in since March 09???

*Visions of Ateaya* Yikes!

Anywhoo! I feel you on needing access to the scalp tho. Sometimes I just use a rat tail comb. Put when I get the "pats" I just wash my hair and oil the scalp (peppermint oil, tea tree, jojoba, coconut and sweet almond oil)