Bun w/weave?

carljr

Relaxed & Highlighted
Ladies, I’m going to try to put my hair in a bun (The humidity in TX has been awful my hair will not hold a curl). BUT I want to get a “full” look so I was thinking about adding a couple of tracks of weave with some bobby pins around my ponytail then doing the bun thingy. Any suggestions, on what I might need? I added a picture so you could see the length of my hair. TIA

Attachments

• 1186589639.jpg
    1186589639.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 5

HoneyDew

I have never done it that way, but I have used Clip in extensions to wear my hair up to give it more fullness.

Maybe some other ladies will give more comments. I know that I have heard of others doing this.

carljr

Relaxed & Highlighted
The clip-ins might be something new I havent worn weave in years!!! so I will ask the Korean lady at the BS she will bring me upto date I'm sure!

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1] I use a phony pony....and then twist that up into a bun.

I'm gonna take pics....one day. :look:
[/size]

tryingto

I have done this with the phoney pony,weave hair, and a half wig, pull your hair back, and secure it, with the weave, hair pin it close to your own bun, then wrap around and secure with a couple of more hair pins, I have also added, assesories to that, if I use the half wig, I remove all the combs, and pin and twist, hth

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I've done it before a couple years ago when I was relaxed. It worked out really well...couldn't even tell that I had added a track.

Here's what I did...

1. On freshly washed & dried hair, I slicked my hair back into a ponytail with a bit of gel for hold (make sure your hair is moisturized first).

2. I then took a track (maybe about 12 inches wide) and wrapped it around my ponytail base, securing it with the "opened" bobby pins as I went around.

3. I then put the sock bun onto the base of the ponytail.

4. Next, I started fanning the hair (my hair and the weave) around the donut bun, and secured it with a very elastic ponytail holder.

5. Any extra hair that was sticking out from the holder, I pinned those down with bobby pins as well.

6. At night, I would tie my hair down with a scarf to keep everything in place. I'd wear this style for *maybe* 2-3 days (3 days was rare) before taking it down, re-smoothing it, and putting it back in again.

I honestly forgot all about the bun/weave style. I stopped doing it when I finally grew enough hair to make a regular donut bun look half decent and full.

glamazon386

Ladies, I’m going to try to put my hair in a bun (The humidity in TX has been awful my hair will not hold a curl). BUT I want to get a “full” look so I was thinking about adding a couple of tracks of weave with some bobby pins around my ponytail then doing the bun thingy. Any suggestions, on what I might need? I added a picture so you could see the length of my hair. TIA

You can do it that way. Or you could buy a bun from the BSS and just pin it on. Those tend to look granny like to me except for the donut one. I wore that one quite a bit when I was relaxed. When I want to wear my hair in a bun I find it easier to just buy a pack of Synthetic (Kanekalon) braiding hair and use the whole pack to make one giant braid. Pull your hair back and pin it around. Instant bun. You can usually get a pack of the hair for like $2. I have pictures in my fotki of how I do my bun if you'd like to check it out.

ETA: Here's a picture:

eyunka

check my fokti under updos and there are a couple there i used with a phony pony....actually all are with phony ponys except the last three

neenzmj

You can do it that way. Or you could buy a bun from the BSS and just pin it on. Those tend to look granny like to me except for the donut one. I wore that one quite a bit when I was relaxed. When I want to wear my hair in a bun I find it easier to just buy a pack of Synthetic (Kanekalon) braiding hair and use the whole pack to make one giant braid. Pull your hair back and pin it around. Instant bun. You can usually get a pack of the hair for like $2. I have pictures in my fotki of how I do my bun if you'd like to check it out.

ETA: Here's a picture:

That's really cute!

neenzmj

Thanks hun!! It usually gets me by for a few days before I take it down and do it over.

So you just wrap it around your own ponytail? Are you able to make it larger or smaller, depending on the length of the braid? Do you leave the rubber band that comes with the hair?