Sew-In Wearers...Moisture & Care

wyldcurlz

how do you moisturize your own hair when its in a sew-in. especially if that sew in has a net over the your own braided up hair?

is it best to mix some oils and spritz them on with a spray bottle or do you recommend trying to dig in between the tracks with an eye-dropper with some oils?

if you want to make sure your hair gets more moisture than natural scalp oils, what's the best way to moisturize it?

any additional hair care tips for sew-ins?

Mena

for me....i was and dc every other week with my net weave
also i dig it between the tracks every other day and out on ors carrot creme....this works wonders for my hair!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
In a coloring bottle I mix any combination of:

S-Curl
Castor Oil
Water
Mega Tek
Water based moisturizer

The small point nozzle makes it easy to apply, even w/ a net weave. I also use a coloring bottle filled w/ diluted shampoo to clean the braids and apply conditioner. I got this advice from Reniece and have used it for years. HTH

malibu4590

I spray my braids (don't use a net) with any watery-leave in like Dove Moisture Mist (original kind w/the saa's and gycerine), Jane Carter's Leave-in Spray or African Pride Leave-In Conditoner Spray every other day. Never had any problems this way.

I don't wash my hair for 3 weeks then take it out.

bermudabeauty

I have never had a weave with a net. But when I was rocking the weaves I would put leave in conditioner on my scalp and braids underneath the weave. I believe the leave in conditioner I was using at the time was Gentle Treatment.