Is it me or is biotin really sending me crazy?!?!?!

lizzyb168

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I just started taking biotin 1000ug this past two weeks and i swear it is giving me more vivid dreams and also a bit of paranoia.

Now i aint no crazy chick, but these past couple of nights my dreams have been a bit :drunk: and im like?!?!?!?! Also i seem to be gettin paranoid over the smallest things and that is not like me at all.

Has anyone else got these side effects from biotin?

destine2grow

I have been taking 5000 mcg for a few days. I have notice that I have more energy but I will keep watch out for paronoia.

SistaSista

I just started taking Biotin this week but have not noticed the symptoms you are experiencing. I have a slight headache during the day but that's it. Do you take them before you go to bed? If so try taking them first thing in the morning to see if that helps.

lizzyb168

i take them in the morning, with a fish oil supplement and also garlic pills. I guess everyone has different side effects, but its just my dreams have been so vivid. Its like its real life and when i wake up, ill be checkin like 10 times to making sure i was just dreaming.
And during the day, i have the paranoia. I dont know.
Im goin to keep taking them and then stop for a while and see if it is the biotin.

Foufie

I notice MSM gives me a slight headache sometimes and vivid dreams ( I take it at night as well as in the morning), however the only I have noticed from the Biotin some pimples. They were horrible at first but after a couple weeks it was fine and get one every once in a while.

I take 3000MG of Biotin and 1000 MSM in the morning and 2000 Biotin and 1000 MSM in the evening.

MzJai

I've been taking 2000mcg of Bition along with 900 mg of fish oil for over a month now and I haven't noticed any paranoia :ohwell:.

I started getting some small pimples on my face during the first week, but that cleared up after my body got used to taking the Biotion.

purplepeace79

I take 7000 a day. My doc recommended it long ago because at 7000+ daily, it helps with metabolizing carbohydrates. My type II diabetes is currently in remission, but every little bit helps. The added hair benefits are a bonus. I havent had any crazy dreams, or paranoia unless I been toking on the oohwee lol I do have more energy though.

30something

Are you sure its paranoia people tend to mix up paranoia with a phobia, or plain old discomfort or insecurity (of the environment). Paranoia is quiet serious and usually result from something greater than dietary supplements. Either way vitamins aren't suppose to make you think differently.. so I'd check that out. They always say on the vitamin bottle to consult your doctor before taking, maybe you should.

Dani.Nicole

I noticed when I take biotin alone, it feels like critters are walking all over my head! It was too much for me to take so I had to switch back to my regular hair vitamin.

Mzz Mac

I noticed when I take biotin alone, it feels like critters are walking all over my head! It was too much for me to take so I had to switch back to my regular hair vitamin.
From what you described, it sounds like your hair was growing and you were feeling it as "critters crawling".

Mzz Mac

The only side affects I get when taking biotin regularly is people asking me if I am losing weight. Weird huh?

Kerryann

you know what to think about it i lost a few pounds and i wasnt doing anything probably it was the biotin

lizzyb168

No it is paranoia if my defination is correct. Its when people blow situations out of proportion and think it is bigger, more serious than it actually is. They start to think things are true and stuff when really, its just a figment of their imagination.

A phobia is when your scared of something like spiders. I aint scared of no spider.

But i am blowing alot of things out of proportion and that is not me.

30something

I always thought paranoia was like a sign of something serious.. You know like those people who think Russian spies are trying kill them and their entire family, thats what i thought paranoia was. And phobia to be just general irrational fare of anything like heights. I use Nature's Bounty Biotin 2000 mcg and I have no side effects.. maybe its the brand Idk. We probably eat a bit of biotin everyday ( i think) maybe its too much mcgs

TiZi

Biotin breaks me out too! Even small amounts. Are there any supplements that you ladies take or know that dont have MSM or Biotin??

Gracie

I take 7000 a day. My doc recommended it long ago because at 7000+ daily, it helps with metabolizing carbohydrates. My type II diabetes is currently in remission, but every little bit helps. The added hair benefits are a bonus. I havent had any crazy dreams, or paranoia unless I been toking on the oohwee lol I do have more energy though.

Wow I didn't know that it helps metabolize carbs...That is good to know. Thanks!!

cecepassion

I've been feeling the same thing to lol. I only been taking about 2000mg for a couple of days now.

pookaloo83

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I just started taking biotin 1000ug this past two weeks and i swear it is giving me more vivid dreams and also a bit of paranoia.

Now i aint no crazy chick, but these past couple of nights my dreams have been a bit :drunk: and im like?!?!?!?! Also i seem to be gettin paranoid over the smallest things and that is not like me at all.

Has anyone else got these side effects from biotin?

Just started taking them 3 days ago and my dreams are down right horrid! I mean they are like so real and they are vivid and scary! Scared the **** out of me! I even take naps and have nightmares! :nono:

ActionActress

I think that was blood circulation at work. Some have reported that increased growth was happening when they feel this.

lovinglength

Try another brand, or try lowering the dose. I havent had any probs. Is there any stress going on in your life aside from the pills that could be triggering dreams and daytime paranoia? Dreams usually are warnings or reflections of whats going on in my life, especially vivid ones.