Quick Weave vs. Sew-In...Pros and Cons?

Lexsmarie

Hey Ladies,

I want to leave my hair alone for a while and thought I would enter the New Year with a short hair style. I never wore weave or a wig so I am hoping to hear from you about Pros and Cons regarding a Sew-In and/or Quick Weave.
Since this is my first time wearing weave, my stylist suggest I do a quick weave but I think I can handle a sew-in.

What are your thoughts, experiences and recommendation?

Thank you!!

HHG!

Brwnbeauti

Everyone that I know who gets quick weaves ends up with snatched edges. If I had to choose I'd do a sew in.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Brwnbeauti

To my knowledge quick weaves are either glued to molded hair or a stocking cap. Sew ins are sewn onto French braided hair.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Rozlewis

I think you should get a sew-in. I tried this and I remember my first time. I was very nervous about it but my stylist suggested that I get the quick weave with glue and I heard about all of the issues with the glue ruining the edges so I decided against it. I did get a sew-in but since it was my first time I did not spend a lot of money on the hair initially because I was not sure if it would be something I would stick with. After I realized it was something I wanted to do more often I purchased high quality hair.

Ruby True

I am currently in a sewin because of the cold weather. As was said before quick weaves are glued in, you cannot wash it freely and it last about 3-4weeks and have to be removed with care or a rough stylist can rip out your hair. A sew in can last for months so long as you get your hair washed,treated and touched up.
Before I put in my current sew in my stylist treated my hair first. It also helps to have good quality weave and moisturizer Hope that helps

200AndOne

besides that, glue is a pain to remove. i KEPT some glued in tracks when i was a teenager. and when you wash it out, there are little black goo-balls everywhere :nono:. you also can't keep your hair moisturized with glue, because oil and whatnot will make the glue slide. so yeah, i vote for sew-in :yep:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
When I used to get them done, I kept my sew ins installed anywhere between 4-10 weeks.
Just depends on how I'm feeling.

Make sure you take extra care of your real hair while in a sew in.
Be sure to Wash, condition and moisturize with diluted products.