Invisible Strand Weave (Virtually Undetectable)-Also Kelly Rowland's Weave

babiolu

Has anyone here heard of the invisible strand method? Have you ever used this technique? How does it work exactly? If anyone here knows anything about it, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone here know what kind of weave Kelly Rowland has. It can't possibly be a lace front! Have you seen that chicks hair in a ponytail? It looks so natural! Any help? :)

angellazette

I've had this before....just in the front of my hair with a sew in for the back. A few strands of the weave hair is secured to strands of your hair by using thread and making a little bitty knot. Very undetectable but VERY hard to get out. If you're not careful during the takedown, you can cause serious tangles and matting. I think some people use nail glue :nono: as well.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
It's called fusion. The stylist takes a glue gun type instrument filled w/ melted keratin and applies the weave to the hair w/ it. the bonds are no bigger than a grain of rice so it blends really well! The bonds can last for months if taken care of. Removal really is a **** though. You need to soak the bonds in ACETONE to soften them and then take mini PLIERS to crack the bond. If done improperly, it will break the hair off. Another option may be micro rings if you really wanted a weave like that.

babiolu

Wow...I won't be getting the invisible stand anytime soon..but does anyone know anything about Kelly Rowlands weave?

cocoberry10

Bumping this thread. Has anyone gotten the fusion weave? I’d like to know more about it, especially the take down part. And how much does this cost (I live on the east coast, and can travel anywhere, i.e. NY, where-ever)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Bumping this thread. Has anyone gotten the fusion weave? I’d like to know more about it, especially the take down part. And how much does this cost (I live on the east coast, and can travel anywhere, i.e. NY, where-ever)
I've heard some 'not so good' advice from many of my friends who are professionals and 'experts' in weaves, braids, etc. It can really cause damage to your hair. The fusion element (glue, rings) can cause much damage just being attached as well as during the course of wearing it.

Basically, it's for those who plan to continue with weaves, wigs, braids and not for those protecting their hair for healthy long hair growth. For those who are in the process in growing their hair and have growth goals, it's best not to have hair fusing done. :nono:

The removal is the most damaging; for it is impossible to remove the extensions without damaging the hair, no matter how careful one is.

I was strongly advised that if I'm working on the health and growth of my hair not to have it done. It's causes more harm than good.

Here's a youtube demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSMeHZW2F8

Last edited:

ladylibra

It's called fusion. The stylist takes a glue gun type instrument filled w/ melted keratin and applies the weave to the hair w/ it. the bonds are no bigger than a grain of rice so it blends really well! The bonds can last for months if taken care of. Removal really is a **** though. You need to soak the bonds in ACETONE to soften them and then take mini PLIERS to crack the bond. If done improperly, it will break the hair off. Another option may be micro rings if you really wanted a weave like that.

fusion is not the same as invisible strand. i do fusion on my sister's hair, it blends well but you are doing sections the size of microbraids. whereas invisible strand is literally strand-by-strand extensions (from what i understand). and you can soak the keratin bonds in baby oil or grease and they usually come loose with no problem, or you can re-melt them to remove them. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use acetone! you're asking for your hair to get effed up if you do! :nono: i used extensions with the keratin bonds already on the ends, so instead of a glue gun i used something that looked like a weird flat iron that gets just hot enough to slightly melt the keratin so you can apply it to the hair. (we bought it off folica.com if anyone is really interested in seeing what it looks like... i'm not in the mood to find and post a pic... :blush: )

my sister's hair was fine after i took the fusion weave out, but i would not recommend anyone try to use fusion weave if you're trying to grow your hair out (as most of us on this site are). my sis left hers in a bit too long and her new growth was starting to mat - even though you can relax it while you have the extensions in, you can't COMB it. so uh... yeah. thankfully i was there with my natural-hair knowledge to detangle it for her or she prolly would've had a ton of damage.

btw, it's pricey as HAYLE!!! my sis paid $500 the first time she got it done by a stylist, and that was ridiculously cheap. everyone else in the city charges $2K or more (Indianapolis, IN).

Last edited:

pisceschica

Its not the same thing. Invisible strands does not use heat, glue, etc. Like someone previously said they tie a knot that is VERY undetectable but hard to remove from what I hear.

They cost alot more than fusion b/c from what I hear it can take a couple days to install, if you're lucky and the stylist has her timing down it can be done in 1 day. But the price is justified be prepared for sticker shock especially if you're near or in a big city like new york.

here is a picture of invisible strands. .

http://www.agapecollection.com/blk and chrome/strand.htm

fusion like this..

In my opinion it doesn't look like something good for the hair ESPECIALLy the takedown but if you want to go ahead be prepared to put down a mortgage payment. Whoever's sister got $500 got a STEAL!! That is too much work for $500 especially if she included the hair in that price.

I'm looking into taking classes for it but I want to know more. The woman that trained me for lfw also does this and she just showed me a strand. But they are very undetectable even up close and unlike fusion you can part it anywhere and you won't see it.

pisceschica

I've heard some 'not so good' advice from many of my friends who are professionals and 'experts' in weaves, braids, etc. It can really cause damage to your hair. The fusion element (glue, rings) can cause much damage just being attached as well as during the course of wearing it.

Basically, it's for those who plan to continue with weaves, wigs, braids and not for those protecting their hair for healthy long hair growth. For those who are in the process in growing their hair and have growth goals, it's best not to have hair fusing done. :nono:

The removal is the most damaging; for it is impossible to remove the extensions without damaging the hair, no matter how careful one is.

I was strongly advised that if I'm working on the health and growth of my hair not to have it done. It's causes more harm than good.

Here's a youtube demo:

It depends on the one you have. Keratin or fusion extensions probably not good for everyone, and acetone needs to be removed to get the bond out. The particular video you showed is keratin great lengths thats not the only strand by strand method.

If you went with something like hairlocs and the technician was experienced and knew what they were doing you can come out with hair like this. .

or this.. .

I will say however that now matter what a stylist tells you, you can't wear it for longer than maybe 3 months max ESPECIALLY if its fusion ( i hear alot of people that get great lengths are told this b/c those extensions are like the most expensive on the market). This is b/c you don't want too much weight on the hair follicle.

But I will agree with you that its probably not the best way to grow out hair 1. b/c its VERY espensive 2.its not for everyone.

If anyone wants to know other methods contact me.

pisceschica

Never gotten it done but if you search on internet I'm sure you can find some opinions about it from customers and stylists.

It depends on where you are. But if you're talking new york you're going to put down a mortgage payment. Ususally depending on what its for (fullnes or length) and then the length of the hair in addition to texture color etc anywhere from $800 to $3,000, but you'd probably be really lucky to find a salon that doe sit for $800 you can find stylists that work from their homes that would charge under that but definetely not for a salon.

You have to realize the money you put in for the install is only the beginning, you also have to pay them to take it down some charge a flat rate some charge by the hour. You HAVE to pay for maintinence where they take down the bond clean out your hair and re install or just take it down.
Fusion tends to be the most expensive b/c the hair is not reuseable. So you have to pay for hair and a maintinence GOOD QUALITY hair can range anywhere from $200-$300 or more especially if you're talking lighter colors.

They're nice but I cannot spend that kind of money on my hair. I do cold fusion (hairlocs trained me) and b/c the hair is reusable its cheaper than fusion. Here is hairlocs. .

http://hairangel.net/wst_page10.html

I dont' use hairlocs rings b/c there's issues with them they can tear it out IF the person doesn't know what they are doing. But I use silicone lined rings so that the hair NEVER comes into contact with the hair and its really easy to remove.

you can go to hairboutique.com and go to messageboard and to to subsection hair extensions and they'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

Shimmie

Staff member
It depends on the one you have. Keratin or fusion extensions probably not good for everyone, and acetone needs to be removed to get the bond out. The particular video you showed is keratin great lengths thats not the only strand by strand method.

If you went with something like hairlocs and the technician was experienced and knew what they were doing you can come out with hair like this. .

or this.. .

I will say however that now matter what a stylist tells you, you can't wear it for longer than maybe 3 months max ESPECIALLY if its fusion ( i hear alot of people that get great lengths are told this b/c those extensions are like the most expensive on the market). This is b/c you don't want too much weight on the hair follicle.

But I will agree with you that its probably not the best way to grow out hair 1. b/c its VERY espensive 2.its not for everyone.

If anyone wants to know other methods contact me.
Pisceschica, thank you. You have a wealth of knowledge and it's so important that you are here to share this information that you know about 'first hand'.

I've read all of your posts in this thread and I am very impressed with what you've shared. This is a blessing, indeed. :yep:

Note: I love your comment..."put down a mortgage payment" :lol:

Keep posting, I'm learning a lot. :up:

hothair

Wow! Didn't see this thread, I've just done what I'm calling the invisiweave:look: on my friend, the roots don't look like this, the hair is still on the weft so it looks like a weave without the cornrows. The link to the pics are in my avatar (hmm told them to tell their friends £60 think I'm too cheap lol:ohwell::grin: I don't recommend them leaving it more than 6 weeks and have insisted they come back for me to take it out for free!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow! Didn't see this thread, I've just done what I'm calling the invisiweave:look: on my friend, the roots don't look like this, the hair is still on the weft so it looks like a weave without the cornrows. The link to the pics are in my avatar (hmm told them to tell their friends £60 think I'm too cheap lol:ohwell::grin: I don't recommend them leaving it more than 6 weeks and have insisted they come back for me to take it out for free!!
:up: Beautiful job. I'd never know the difference. What kind of hair do you use and where did you purchase it?

Although, I prefer being natural, I'm very impressed. :yep:

hothair

:up: Beautiful job. I'd never know the difference. What kind of hair do you use and where did you purchase it?

Although, I prefer being natural, I'm very impressed. :yep:

:blush: Thanks, the hair was Sensationnel Premium Plus Yaki (the one with the green label) cause her hair relaxed still has a lot of texture; we got it at the BSS for £15 and used a bit less than 1 pack:yep: I have a friend who's a bit more daring so when I do hers (she says long and wavy) I'll put up pics :)

Suerte

beautybymatt did a lace front for a friend of mine.

It was so flawless... I could not believe it.

I actually had to look with a magnifying glass at her forehead to see the lace.

It was 30 inches of medium brown hair and it was an entire cap of lace. It was about $5,000 but she has had it for like 3 years now and wears it pretty much for 8 weeks on, 1 week off, and she washes it monthly.

She had him add more hair to it ...which he did not charge her for... on a couple occasions.

Shimmie

Staff member
:blush: Thanks, the hair was Sensationnel Premium Plus Yaki (the one with the green label) cause her hair relaxed still has a lot of texture; we got it at the BSS for £15 and used a bit less than 1 pack:yep: I have a friend who's a bit more daring so when I do hers (she says long and wavy) I'll put up pics :)
I'm still very impressed, because it came from the BSS and I can't tell the difference from her natural hair. Your work is flawless.

I stopped using weaves and braids, because of damage. It took me a year, but I am now a very healthy (no chemicals) natural and just below shoulder length. (Not at APL yet).

The only time I use extensions is for our dance recitals/shows (staging purposes). I only use them for the extra length that's all. One of my best friends is a professional with hair/make up, and she will sew in one or two tracks, mid-ear level to give me the length I need. It blends well with the rest of my hair.

Note: I've recently discovered the hand-wefted hair and it's very impressive. The hair tracks are not as thick as the machine wefted hair. I've used the Sensationelle Remy Goddess, but I prefer the Indian Remy Wavy / Curly.

Other than that, I give my hair a rest.

Question: In your other post you mentioned the invisiweave for your friend which looks like a weave without the cornrows. How is that applied? Don't mind me, I'm just a little lost trying to visualize this.

I've learned a lot in this thread. I really don't want to do anything more to my hair, it's growing so nicely and it's really healthy; but on the times when we have dance shows, I need the longer hair for staging. I really love what I see in your pictures. Very, very nice. :yep:

One more Question, (I'm sorry :yep:) I notice you mentioned the cost in pounds. What is the equivilent in US dollars. Thanks much for helping me understand the difference.

God bless you, little angel; thanks so much for your help. :giveheart:

cocoberry10

Here's a youtube demo:

Thanks for this advice and info Shimmie:kiss:

cocoberry10

fusion is not the same as invisible strand. i do fusion on my sister's hair, it blends well but you are doing sections the size of microbraids. whereas invisible strand is literally strand-by-strand extensions (from what i understand). and you can soak the keratin bonds in baby oil or grease and they usually come loose with no problem, or you can re-melt them to remove them. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use acetone! you're asking for your hair to get effed up if you do! :nono: i used extensions with the keratin bonds already on the ends, so instead of a glue gun i used something that looked like a weird flat iron that gets just hot enough to slightly melt the keratin so you can apply it to the hair. (we bought it off folica.com if anyone is really interested in seeing what it looks like... i'm not in the mood to find and post a pic... :blush: )

my sister's hair was fine after i took the fusion weave out, but i would not recommend anyone try to use fusion weave if you're trying to grow your hair out (as most of us on this site are). my sis left hers in a bit too long and her new growth was starting to mat - even though you can relax it while you have the extensions in, you can't COMB it. so uh... yeah. thankfully i was there with my natural-hair knowledge to detangle it for her or she prolly would've had a ton of damage.

btw, it's pricey as HAYLE!!! my sis paid $500 the first time she got it done by a stylist, and that was ridiculously cheap. everyone else in the city charges $2K or more (Indianapolis, IN).

Thanks for the clarification. I’m going to start a thread about Fusion

pisceschica

Pisceschica, thank you. You have a wealth of knowledge and it's so important that you are here to share this information that you know about 'first hand'.

I've read all of your posts in this thread and I am very impressed with what you've shared. This is a blessing, indeed. :yep:

Note: I love your comment..."put down a mortgage payment" :lol:

Keep posting, I'm learning a lot. :up:

thank you. . . .

ladylibra

Thanks for the clarification. I’m going to start a thread about Fusion

no prob :)

i need to clarify though - i meant to say the fusion weave can be taken out with baby oil or grease. i used baby oil to take my sister's extensions out with no problem... the keratin becomes soft and pliable and you can gently pick it off the hair. i don't know why everyone keeps saying to use acetone... who in their right mind would put acetone anywhere near their hair??? :nono:

RubyWoo

So how does this help us grow our hair? :perplexed

It doesn't. It was stated by a few posters in this thread that this method isn't recommended if one is trying to grow out their hair. It's just another styling option.

HoneyDew

I got one. Wasn't cheap.

Let me find some pics...

Here are some. This was not fusion or stand by strand. She used thread and tied to hair directly to my hair no braids or lumps. Every other section had this done to it and every other section was my own hair. Did not last as long as I want because I was washing it too often, but I loved the way it

Last edited:

pisceschica

I got one. Wasn't cheap.

Let me find some pics...

Here are some. This was not fusion or stand by strand. She used thread and tied to hair directly to my hair no braids or lumps. Every other section had this done to it and every other section was my own hair. Did not last as long as I want because I was washing it too often, but I loved the way it

Were you able to comb through your hair as if it was your own? I'm wondering if the knots are so tiny and undetecable how do you take them out? Also were you able to feel them if you felt around the root long enough?