I'm five weeks into my texlax stretch...why?

lana

Hey ladies, I have a question. I'm five weeks into my texlax stretch and I'm wondering why my hair seems to change at this point. What I mean is that my ends get all wild and frizzy (more difficult to straighten).

I only touchup the new growth so why is it that all the rest of my texlaxed hair seems to be tripping once I start stretching?

I usually stretch 10-12 weeks. I'm getting a little discouraged because I'm looking at one inch of new growth, knowing I'm about to get another inch (hurray) but what about those 10 other inches that are already there?

Does anyone else go through this?

Cause right after I touch up the new growth only, those 10 inches of already texlaxed hair "act right"!

A lot of people's hair sheds when it's time to get a touchup. That's why people usually up it in increments so it doesnt shock your hair. The hair is fighting where the 2 textures meet.

The runoff from the touchup when you wash it out is probably "correcting" the length of the already texed hair. That's why the whole head of hair acts better after a touchup.

My hair does weird stuff like this too around 5 weeks. It gets bushy or something. I hope we can get a response to this, because I wanna know too.

Do you actually seal the ends by putting oil on and then wrapping foil around them and apply heat?

It's just hard to describe, my hair that is already texturized acts "natural" or barely texlaxed once I start getting into the stretch.

I coat the already texlaxed hair with conditioner/oil/and a silk base so that it's not processed each time I touch up. So I really don't think that the hair is being processed at all at touch up time.

I hope someone sees this and has an answer. Please reply. Thanks. :)

My hair behaves this way, too. It gets incredibly tangly no matter what I do, and the ends look a hot mess.

I am happy to report that a good rollerset with diluted Lottabody cures it for me right away. I make sure I seal my hair with coconut oil when it is completely dry. :yep:

I'm not sure why this happens. At first, I thought perhaps it was a conditioning problem. But I think I have to agree with Bmoreflyygirl: when hair is relaxed, the runoff does sort of "reactivate" the relaxed length, softening the curl pattern. After a while, the effect diminshes.

Back