Ill effects of wrapping hair?

santia

I am very interested with learning how to cross wrap my hair. Does anyone know how to? or remembered the name of the person who has the pics?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Yeh, try alternating sides when u wrap. That should help. Also, I don't know if this will help, but my old stylist also told me that the scarf should not be tied tightly when u wrap. She said that it could weaken the hair. I never used a scarf when I wrap and I use a low heat setting. I used a light hair spray, I think it was called Finisheen, and a smidge of lottabody. HTH

shunta

santia said:
I am very interested with learning how to cross wrap my hair. Does anyone know how to? or remembered the name of the person who has the pics?
I think KhandiB has pics in her fotki of crosswapping. I think :confused:

anahnamuslyyours

I just twist the scarf around my head a few times to get my hair to lay down.
I'd be careful with this since the rubbing/friction can cause hair loss/thinning, too.

I roll my hair at night and then wrap in the morning for the 30 minute trip to work. Not only do I get a lot of body, but I also am not leaving my hair wrapped for hours at a time.

Last edited:

momi

I used to wrap my hair EVERY NIGHT and now my hair is thin on the right side:( , so I decided to wrap my hair ONLY after my rollerset. I sleep with two rollers now.

My hair is thinner on one side - but I also sleep on that side. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.