Hair wrapping

kaykay

I have been wrapping my hair while it has been in a sew in for awhile and at night I wrap it! My hairline has been breaking or receding or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone think that this could be a result of me wrapping my hair at night. I heard that my hair could be breaking because of this does anyone have any ideas about how I could do it at night to keep it straight PLEASE tell me.

KinksnCurlz

Do you wrap your hair all around in a circle (ie. Doobie) and do you pin your hair where your hairline is thinning? If the answer is Yes, than i would have to say it is b/c of the wrapping. Also, make sure your scarf is silk or satin and not tied too tight around your head. Depending on how you sleep at night, tying it down loosely should suffice and keep the extra 'pressure' off of your temples.
Try the alternative method of wrapping... I'll post the link in a second.

kaykay

Thank you ladies after reading your reponse it could be 2 things Either 1 wrapping my hair too tight or 2. Because I never used to take care of that part (prior to the board) I am going to change these things.
Blaxalrose what does setting lotion do? I moisturize with Mango butter or Ors carrot oil and WGO and then I use S-curl on my scalp but I have never thought to use setting lotion. Thank you again!

kaykay

Thank you Blaxal rose! I was looking for another moisturizing product. Sorry for asking so much questions but I have one more. Does the pomade make your hair revert when it is growing out and you flat iron it? Thank you very much.

calbear

I tried for a two month period to wrap my hair and I had to stop. My hairline began to break off horribly. The hair on whichever side was was going 'across' my head was having major troubles. I had to give up on it - the breakage was actually painful. (It was my hair telling me to stop)

cutebajangirl

Blaxal Rose do you mind posting the ingredients to the Foaming Pomade. Does it actually say that it is a heat protectant or do you just use it as such compared to using nothing?

LABETT

KAYKAY,
You may want to try applying Profectiv anti thinning cirrculant cream to your hairline when wrapping your hair.
I always use it when wearing wigs to protect my hairline and I have no problems.

henrilou

If you use a scarf remeber to have it low on your FOREHEAD not right at the hairline. The rubbing (if you tie it right at your hairline) will rub your hairline right offf. I make sure my scarf is down in the middle of my forehead. Alos if it's really loose, it'll rub your hair line while you move in your sleep. Tie it snug and low.

kaykay

Thank you Henrilou, What did I do without this board? I get so much helpful advice from here. Alright I put my foot down, I am never leaving. LOL