if u have naturally curly/wavy hair

atlantatiffany

i have a few questions. what products do u use to maintain and define your curls? i have always relaxed my hair, but my hair is extremely wavy with sections of curls. so i am transitioning to natural hair now and i want to find products that will help with my waves and curls. if u have any recommendations i really appreciate. so far i haven't have any type of heat for 2 months. transitioning is alot easier than i thought it would be. thanks tiff.

i haven't had much luck finding anything that works on my 3c hair. curl def is not a problem...i don't like the shrinkage. i broke down and ordered some curly pudding from curve salon, which i should receive today. $28 is a whole lot of money to me, but if it works...

Congrats on your decision to transition! :clap:

For curl definition, I've used L'oreal's Smoothing cream, Salon Selective's Loosely Defined (just started using it and :love: it), John Frieda's dream curls, and Smooth n shine gel. The thing that helps give me definition is scrunching my curls in my hand while it's still wet. That encourages the curls to form. Then I use one of the products mentioned. To keep my hair moisturized, I use Suave Milk n Honey when my hair is sopping wet and follow with one or two products. After I scrunch in the product and don't touch my hair again until it's dry.
HTH

Mane n' Tail Conditioner is currently my friend. Condition with it and use it as my "grooming creme".

Back