Aveda Be Curly + Relaxed Hair = ...

pink gator

I did an LHCF search on Miss Jessie's Quick Curl (thanks @Solitude) and read that some members preferred Aveda's Be Curly to it, since MJ's fomula has petroleum and mineral oil.

I'm an Aveda lover, and wanted to know if any of you have ever tried to airdry your relaxed hair with the Be Curly. Currently, my hair airdries wavy/curly, and I would like to try something to enhance the curls/waves on days I don't want to flat-iron.

Thanks in advance! :yawn:

Tiye

I think it's a good moisturizer - it's actually the only one I use. My hair is natural, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for relaxed hair on days when you aren't trying to keep it straight.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I use it REGULARLY. However, I have natural hair so I am not sure how well it will work for you.

How much of a curl do you get with wet hair? I think that will be a determining factor with how well Be Curly will work on your hair.

pink gator

^^^ Thanks!

There are some loose curls and waves that I would like to define more.

Plus, I want to eliminate some frizz at the ends.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
^^^ Thanks!

There are some loose curls and waves that I would like to define more.

Plus, I want to eliminate some frizz at the ends.

Ya know, try to get a Be Curly sample first. I totally forgot to suggest this option. I DO know that next month (or February) they are offering a new product in the Be Curly line so there will definitely be samples abound.

To clarify, I don't use the shampoo or conditioner from the line, only the lotion. I use the Smooth Infusion Smoother then Be Curly Curl enhancer. I end with a light "film" of oils (usually a mix of JBCO, Argan oil and something like Fekkai's Olive Oil Glosser). I don't get overly frizzly with that mix over a wash and go. Curly as heck tho.

Also, as ALWAYS, I find my hair curls MORE when its deeply moisturized.

Minty

I can't say I've seen a RELAXED head use be curly. Maybe someone will pop up. Most who texlax or relax just use a regular creamy leave in. A few use KKNT (check with fabulosity)