What is nappy hair?

gharp001

LynnieB said:
well my hair isn't "Becky" hair. no comb is gonna go right through root to tip. that comb gets caught in.............SUPRRISE!, naps. :grin:

not as nappy as some but naps just the same.

i consider my hair to be wavy/curly/nappy.

;)

Me too! :lol:

Qetesh

nappy is a term anyone can use on thier hair when it is matted and not easy to comb thro, even a type 1 can call her hair nappy at some point.

with that said i do consider my hair to be nappy, its not nappy right now but it can be nappy at times.

InnerSoul

KiniKakes said:
I prefer the term "kinky" myself, over nappy.... and that, generally speaking, is 4a-b hair. Anything other than that is not "kinky" (or nappy) to me. THus, I call 3c and below "naturally curly."

yep.. what she said:) ;)

deltagyrl

Does tightly coiled refer to the new growth? I STILL don't know what type my hair is but even in it's worse state nothing is tightly coiled.

I've referred to my hair as nappy when it was dry and/or uncombed.

What's the real difference between type 4A/B???

T

TempleGirl

Divine Inspiration said:
IMO, nappy is the kinky hair that's tough to get a comb through, even when wet.

That's damaged and/or dry hair. Nappy hair is what the hair boards consider 4a/b.

I do not like the word nappy...and I hate when relaxed heads say "do you nappies like this product?" or things of that sort....I also had a friend who was part mexican, who called her 2c/3a hair nappy all the time and it bothered me. A better word for her would have been frizzy.....JMHO