I LOVE MY EDGES FRESH AND RELAXED.. (addicted)

kking7777

I am addicted to fresh relaxed edges, more so than fresh relaxed hair.. I started only relaxing my edges and not the rest of my hair but received damage in the process. Is it anyone else out there that goes through great lengths to keep the fresh edges look? If so do u have any suggestions of ways to keep straight edges without the chemicals all the time?

Chromia

I've heard that the Tancho wax stick will lay your edges down. I've read a couple of magazine articles about Gabrielle Union where she mentions the Tancho stick. I think Tyra Banks uses it, too. If you do a search for "Tancho" you'll see some threads where it's mentioned.

SweetCaramel1

i love straight edges too! i agree with the other poster (pressing comb or flat iron) but i wouldn't do it more than 2 times a week :ohwell: jam jell also smooths/packs down but won't straighten, or at least not my hair.

i forgot to mention, tying a scarf around the head also flattens new growth

blueabyss333

SweetCaramel1 said:
i love straight edges too! i agree with the other poster (pressing comb or flat iron) but i wouldn't do it more than 2 times a week :ohwell: jam jell also smooths/packs down but won't straighten, or at least not my hair.

i forgot to mention, tying a scarf around the head also flattens new growth

Yea, I agree. But I think she's looking for that bone straight look. Am I correct? That's hard to maitain AND keep healthy hair- no matter what you do.

CurleeDST

I prefer curly or wavy edges. Trying to maintain bone straight edges plays into perpetrating something we are not and wreaks too much havoc on our precious strands on a daily basis.

I have used the Maxiglide but won't press to get bone straight edges...they will kink up anyway b/c I run daily and sweat.

blueabyss333 said:
Yea, I agree. But I think she's looking for that bone straight look. Am I correct? That's hard to maitain AND keep healthy hair- no matter what you do.

Chromia

Nita81

elizabeth said:

Wow thanks.....I think I want to go with the 3rd link fasham....they have free s/h and a good merchant feedback.

nfynit_812

This is something I need in my PJ collection:look: ...my edges are kinda crazy since I'm in the April Fool's challenge and am ready to get a touch up...

...but I'mma wait til I get some $$ to purchase this Tancho stick-although I don't think I'mma need 3 sticks (if I order from fasham) :ohwell:

amy1234

I like to use black'n sassy creamy set on my edges and cover with a scarf for a few minutes. This always smoothes my edges

EbonyF

CurleeDST said:
I prefer curly or wavy edges. Trying to maintain bone straight edges plays into perpetrating something we are not and wreaks too much havoc on our precious strands on a daily basis.
Definitely agree with this!