Anyone nurse their edges back?

kking7777

I have relaxed my edges to death for the past 5 yrs and I need help getting them back in shape. Normally I perm just my front edges and leave the rest of the hair alone. Well I do this so often it has taken it's toll. So now I have less than one inch front edges and they do not match the texture of the rest of my hair which is actually not a bad texture at all. Anyone nurse their edges back from this condition?

Help please!

kitchen_tician

Surge is always an option, if you're not "skurred". I surged my edges for a couple of months and they thickened up nicely.

Last edited:

kombov_dymond

My edges have taken a beating over time too, but I have noticed that since I started spacing relaxers, they have filled in nicely.

L

LaNecia

blkmaryland said:
I stopped relaxing and definately have seen an improvement.

:) I've seen this too! I also am using my beloved Surge again! The Biotin Creme is supposed to have really good results...I've gotta take a look and see what's in that stuff....:bookworm:

aqualung

I'm using Surge, Sulfur 8, and Dr. Miracle's Gro Oil on my temples lately. I couldn't find Glover's at local drugstores. It's too soon to see results just yet.

rmw35

I stopped relaxing and definately have seen an improvement.

same here, i've also used a rosemary essential oil spritz and that helped as well. Here's how to make some:

file://C:/Documents and Settings/2362/Desktop/rosemary-spritz.ram

pookeylou

I lost my hairline due to relaxers and heat so I:

Stopped the relaxers
Used Surge
Used Rosemary hair oil from www.fromnaturewithlove.com
Using Emu oil

I recently had surgery along my hairline in July and now 6 months later it has all returned. It can come back if the follicles are not permantly damaged.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
For me, I stopped wearing braids. I think my edges are too fine for it. I initially used Surge but stopped. Now I used Capilong and my edges are filling in nicely. Plus I take biotin. HTH

carmend

Organic Root Stimulators fertiziling temple balm is the only thing I have found that actually made my edges grow back from getting braids all the time...

taraglam2

I noticed my edges not looking as healthy as they should.. I chilled and have not had a relaxer for going on 9 1/2 weeks. I am using DOO GRO Medicated Hair Vitalizer - Mega Thick Anti-Thinning Formula. My edges look as healthy as they used to plus I really feel that the BIOTIN 300 has helped a lot. I plan to research Biotin Creme and maybe incorporate that into my weekly regimen.

cutebajangirl

My edges look horrible but I dont think it is due to braids or relaxers. I've noticed that when I sleep that I feel like my edges are pulling/under tension. Switching to a satin pillowcase helped but I still feel it. It is enough to wake me up at night to change my position. Does this happen to anyone else?

mrslee

Love yourself first!
since i have been on the 30 day oil challenge, I have noticed my nape area starting to thicken.

oglorious1

Mixologist
My mixture of the following is helping my edges: half Surge, half Sta Sof Fro, 15 drops of peppermint oil, I spray this on edges and it's filling in quite nicely, the Nexxus Biotin Creme works really well, expensive for that little tube, but I mixed it with some grease, YES I SAID GREASE, and use it along my edges and hairline, I use grease with no petroleum, Hairobics Hair and Scalp Booster is what I mixed my biotin cream with. HTH

karezone

I used the Profective edge health and Glover's.

Also TLC will bring them back. Just be gentle, no brushing, gel or spritz.

Armyqt

Hey Kking :wave: I haven't seen you in a long while. I've seen the results from Surge (from others) and it really looks like it works. I know csator oil is very good for growing the hair also. Maybe you could try a combo of Surge and castor oil. Good luck :)

kking7777

Thanks ladies for all of your responses, I think I will try the biotin cream first.

Good to see u too Armyqt!!! Your hair looks great!