Only texlax the edges????

Bluetopia

Hey everyone!

My hair has been through a lot this past year and I am nursing it back to health. To save money I've decided to self texlax using Mizani Butter Blends Mild - thing is though...my hair is just starting to thicken up but my edges look a hot mess....so I want the thickness of my natural hair...but desperately miss the smooth edges of a fresh texlax....and before you mention it yes I know all the tricks to smoothen edges and they are all temporary and unsatisfying with my hair.

Have any of you every only texlaxed (or relaxed) just your nape and edges? And if so....any suggestions????!

dlewis

I know here in the south that's very common. I don't do it and don't have any tips. Sorry.

Diva_Esq

I have done that before. My suggestion would be to be VERY careful that you aren't getting it into the rest of your hair. Base your forehead, ears & neck. Don't leave it on very long. Also, know that if you were to wear it wavy/ curly, those edges will be straight.

melissa-bee

I'm thinking about doing this. I think i'm gonna cover my edges in something like grease so it doesn't go too straight because i'm transitioning to natural you see.

L.Brown1114

this is such a good idea!! i was thinking about doing this! if you do texlax PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! post a pic because i am transitioning to natural and my hair is 3b/3c and a little of 4a, but my edges and nape are 4z(i know that not real)!! lol and i want to try this out!

Bluetopia

my edges are 4z too!!!

my only reservation is the if I texlax my edges...what happens 4 months from now when my 6 or so inches of natural hair make me want to end my stretch and i decide to texlax the rest of my head...wont that mean my edges will turn out bone straight while there rest of my hair is a look curl?

Considering that my I'm tryna grow them back in that concerns me...Decisions decisions!!:spinning: