I don't Indulge In Hair

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
:nono:, i just don't understand. I guess this is why I have the number of friends and associates that I do. I find her response silly, u asked a simple question, not her social security number. GOOD GRIEF.
:lachen:I know right. It sounds like she's keeping high security federal secret or something:rolleyes:.

ladylibra

I don't see what the big deal is. She didn't want to talk about it and said so politely if not a bit stiffly. Not everyone is hair obsessed or inclined, if you will, like we can be

yeah, but you don't have to be obsessed with your hair to answer a few questions about rollersetting.

i just think the way she answered was weird. who says "i don't indulge in hair?" did she mean to say she didn't want to divulge the information?

***hey OP... maybe she was uncomfortable that you were copying her style! perhaps she felt weird about it, that's why she was acting weird.

why am i seriously trying to wrap my mind around this... :lachen:

LadyKaypnyc

Wow! That's absolutely ridiculous!

She needs to grow up...you weren't asking her to INDULGE you...you just wanted to swap tips...all I can is is wow:perplexed

LadyKaypnyc

yeah, but you don't have to be obsessed with your hair to answer a few questions about rollersetting.

i just think the way she answered was weird. who says "i don't indulge in hair?" did she mean to say she didn't want to divulge the information?

***hey OP... maybe she was uncomfortable that you were copying her style! perhaps she felt weird about it, that's why she was acting weird.

why am i seriously trying to wrap my mind around this... :lachen:

DITTO. I'm stumped:lachen::lachen::lachen:

PassionFruit

She is older than me and more conservative. Trust and believe I will not be mentioning hair to that heifer ever again.

she is OLDER than you which makes me think I was Correct in my original reply... she is defensive because if how people int he workplace have perceived her or her hairstyles in the past

SparklingFlame

My co-worker is natural. Has been natural for 20 years. I am natural too. I am also a hair fanatic. Heck I belong to a hair board and can go on for days regarding hair.

My colleague rolls up her hair everynight to get it straight and pins it up. I have been experiencing with roller sets and pinning my hair up too. I did my hair as a pin up style today. I go over to her and try to get some tips on rolling the hair and stuff. She is like I don't indulge it. I don't talk about hair. I am think freak. So I say, well you are natural like me, I like to try different styles, I wanted to see how you achieve the look you get everyday and maintain. Her response was she doesn't talk about hair.
Well Okaaaaaaaay????

Why? Was it b/c she just didnt want you to know and is being stingy w/ the info or she just doest care about hair for real? If its the latter it still wouldnt kill her to tell you, geez!

Country gal

She kinda made me feel weird. Like why is this fool talking to me about hair at work. I agree Passion Fruit maybe it is a age thing. My aunts are around her age and they ask me questions about my hair all the time. In fact I asked my aunt how to roll my hair. She was happy to tell me.

I am cautious regarding hair topics because everyone is not pressed like me. In fact last night I was chapping away with my brother's girlfriend's cousin because she is into hair too. In fact she asked me did I have a Fotki. I was like :grin: yeah you are on a hair board. Which one? :lachen: She has been on lhcf. Typically I am really conservative regarding discussing hair because I get my fix here.

Country gal

My exact thoughts.

It's just the damn principle. All she had to do is say oh I do this and that. I would of kept it moving. It is her right to say what she wants but dang. I guess for me, when folks ask me stuff I am generous with my info. This other lady at my job is natural tool, I asked her about her hair once. I moved on from it.

Kurlee

:nono:, i just don't understand. I guess this is why I have the number of friends and associates that I do. I find her response silly, u asked a simple question, not her social security number. GOOD GRIEF.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Soul♥Flower

Well it sounds to me that she don't want to tell her secrets cause she don't want you to grow longer or look better than her. :rolleyes:

I have a friend like that wants to know everything you are doing, but when you ask what she does to her *long beautiful BTW* hair it's OH NOTHING~ won't say what she does cause you may master the technique and outdo them. :lachen:

Some people :nono:!!

Oh yes, I have a friend like that...so tacky.
And when I try to tell her about a new technique or product, she fakes interest like>>>:rolleyes:. But she must be taking mental notes :brainy: b/c she always happens to "discover" the very thing I was trying to tell her about months ago. :ohwell:

People can be funny sometimes.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Maybe in the past she's been hurt/ticked off/offended by random hair statements made by different people? Just a thought....

ITA though.... odd statement without an explanation.

naturalgurl

Maybe she thinks that by talking about her hair she may ginx it to fall out. Girl, people are so weird. BUT to take a spin on that, my friends call me a hair junkee. They tease about how I'll start making them take strand tests at my front door. I just don't think they should walk around with tore up heads when they KNOW better. I like sharing my info, but I'm careful not to go overboard. I only give advice if it's wanted. But that lady...please. Let someone come up to me at work and ask about my hair, I'll be hooking them up to LHCF in a hot second! I probably wouldn't stop talking!!!:lachen:

Forever in Bloom

She must've went to church Sunday and misconstrued the message on gossiping and backbiting :ohwell: God ain't gon' blast you for talkin' about hair! Especially when you're giving advice and not standing around flipping your tresses about being "vain".

New commandment: Thou shalt not indulge in the utterances of hair :evillaugh:

JustKiya

Maybe she was kinda embarrassed about how much she did to her hair (some internal religious, thou shall not be vain sorta guilt) and you asking her about her hair just brought all her doubts/guilt to the forefront of her head.

When people come with some slightly loopy stuff from a basic question, I always figure they have some personal issues that they are still working on. :nono:

clever

You hit the hammer on the nail. I guess she feels it is trivial. I don't talk to her about hair all the time. I just wanted to ask her a simple question. I remember before she was complaining of a friend that had problems with her hair. She didn't feel like discussing hair with her friend.
What does she have against hair?Is she against discussing any type beauty tips?This is very odd to me.:look:

Duchesse

Dang! Ya'll are some super sleuths!

I kinda understand her reply..though I would have just told you the answer. If hair isn't that serious to her, a one minute answer isn't that serious either.