I can't imagine.....

Hair2Here

I was reading through the new posts today and stumbled across a thread being shared by non-theist/free thinkers and the like. At first I was really upset. But then an overwhelming sadness came over me because I was actually worried about their souls.

I can't imagine my life w/o my Heavenly Father, my Jesus and the Holy Spirit. When I wasn't saved, I felt as if I missed out on so much (experiencing His love, blessings, protection, etc). So, I just felt awful that they were missing out on the same. But I love each and every one of them dispite their ignorance of the truth. I believe everyone has some inclination that God is the one true God.

Please believers, say a prayer for our LHCF family members who do not believe!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=451376

makeupgirl

I saw that thread too. Satan is still at work and we must pray for their souls and pray that somehow, someway they will receive the gospel and accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Some probably have already received the gospel and just have rejected Christ, which is so sad. I'm glad he saved me. That he thought about me and you and everyone on Calvary's cross. They just don't know that when they are rejecting Christ they are indirectly choosing Satan and choosing hell. There is no free pass to heaven and you can't be good to go there. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me. (John 14:6). I pray that the folks on that thread will sincerely repent of their sins, believe in the gospel of Christ and ask him to become the Lord of their life. I have this feeling that it's almost time to go home.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I actually found the thread to be quite interesting and enlightening.

I myself am struggling with the whole idea of what it means to be a Christian. I feel like I'm becoming Agnostic due to all the division among Christianity, corruption, and hypocrisy. If Jesus is the one true way, then why are so many "Christians" abusing God's grace with their sins, and at the same time, looking down on others who sin or don't believe in God or Jesus? Aren't you as a Christian acting like someone who doesn't believe in God when you sin all day everyday and make an excuse that you can't stop because of your sinful fleshly nature from Adam?

makeupgirl

I myself am struggling with the whole idea of what it means to be a Christian. I feel like I'm becoming Agnostic due to all the division among Christianity, corruption, and hypocrisy. If Jesus is the one true way, then why are so many "Christians" abusing God's grace with their sins, and at the same time, looking down on others who sin or don't believe in God or Jesus? Aren't you as a Christian acting like someone who doesn't believe in God when you sin all day everyday and make an excuse that you can't stop because of your sinful fleshly nature from Adam?

You make some excellent points Pooh Bear. That's why we have to constantly be in prayer. I can't stand it be around holier than thou people actually and they always call themselves Christian and yet sinning like a fat rat. (sorry, I have a weird way with words, lol) I mean it's very easy to backslide and to sin. But Christians should never, ever look down on someone who doesn't believe in God or sin. I love all of my friends, family the same. If they don't chose to believe in God, then that's between them and God. I've planted the seed when I witness to them but there are some Christians that do push too hard. In the end, only God can judge us when we stand before him. I'm hungry.

makeupgirl

You make some excellent points Pooh Bear. That's why we have to constantly be in prayer. I can't stand it be around holier than thou people actually and they always call themselves Christian and yet sinning like a fat rat. (sorry, I have a weird way with words, lol) I mean it's very easy to backslide and to sin. But Christians should never, ever look down on someone who doesn't believe in God or sin. I love all of my friends, family the same. If they don't chose to believe in God, then that's between them and God. I've planted the seed when I witness to them but there are some Christians that do push too hard. In the end, only God can judge us when we stand before him. I'm hungry.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to add this. lol. I really am though and I just ate.

MoMo

The beauty of Christianity is your personal relationship with GOD and belief that he gave his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. We are to fellowship with others who believe as we do and testify to those that do not. My relationship with GOD has absolutely no bearing on what the next "Christian" is doing. It is truly an intimate and personal relationship that I share with HIM.

I completely understand your feelings about "Christians" right now and agree with you about the hypocrisy of it all. However, we will be judged on our actions and it all comes down to the choices we make exercising free will. :hug2:

Last edited:

sidney

You know, it really bothers me when people misrepresent Christ. But it's important for us to realize that despite what other people do, we all willl have to give a PERSONAL account to God for our lives. And we won't have the others there to point our finger at. It will just be each individual person and God. I pray that no one lets someone else's walk hinder them from getting to God. Because in the end, each journey is an individual one.

Also, regarding the bolded. We must be careful what you gain from others. The bible says "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."

Last edited:

sidney

The beauty of Christianity is your personal relationship with GOD and belief that he gave his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. We are to fellowship with others who believe as we do and testify to those that do not. My relationship with GOD has absolutely no bearing on what the next "Christian" is doing. It is truly an intimate and personal relationship that I share with him.

I completely understand your feelings about "Christians" right now and agree with you about the hypocrisy of it all. However, we will be judged on our actions and it all comes down to the choices we make exercising free will. :hug2:

Didn't read this before but I answered but we are on the same page!

Ije4eva

You know, I do understand that when you look around some of the hypocrisy that we see can be really disgusting. I think we all have at least a small dose of that in us if I'm being honest. But the fact is, I came to Christ not because of any man, but for Him. I worship and serve Him because of the personal experience I've had with Him and what that has meant to me. If I was really focusing on a lot of the nonsense I see I may not even be a Christian myself, which is why I try not to. Everyone is allowed to believe whatever they want to believe if they are fully convinced of that thing in their own mind. Through my own struggle I've come to believe that Jesus is the way, He's proven to be the way for me and has helped me personally become better. Am I perfect, no, but better, heck yeah. So all of this to say that just like everyone says, Christianity is about a RELATIONSHIP. Its you and your God, let man do whatever they want to do and face Him. Just my opinion.

discobiscuits

I was reading through the new posts today and stumbled across a thread being shared by non-theist/free thinkers and the like. At first I was really upset. But then an overwhelming sadness came over me because I was actually worried about their souls.

I can't imagine my life w/o my Heavenly Father, my Jesus and the Holy Spirit. When I wasn't saved, I felt as if I missed out on so much (experiencing His love, blessings, protection, etc). So, I just felt awful that they were missing out on the same. But I love each and every one of them dispite their ignorance of the truth. I believe everyone has some inclination that God is the one true God.

Please believers, say a prayer for our LHCF family members who do not believe!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=451376

not everyone in that thread is ignorant of the truth. some have decided that the truth is not their truth. that is their choice and their right. as much as you, i or other christians may pray that they find jesus, some have decided that it is not for them after they had knowledge and some were even believers at one time.

i agree we do need to pray for any non-believer or un-believer not just the ones on a hair forum. i'm confident that we come into contact with more un-believers in our day to day lives than the handful we communicate with almost daily here.

some christians (on this forum and IRL) have set such bad examples that we've pushed people away from jesus.

did you read the whole thread??????? or did you just see the title and decide that the topic was not one you shared so you skipped it?

i learn something every time i see a thread like that here.

as for becoming Agnostic, i don't think you need to go that route. you can still be a bible-believing, holy spirit filled believer in christ and shun the division, corruption, and hypocrisy found in the body and outside of the body. you can still believe & not be a part of that mess.

that is why jesus came, so we can have a personal, one on one, intimate, two way relationship with god through his son jesus our kinsman redeemer.

christianity is so much simpler than people make it out to be.

if you love Him you will keep his commandments because they are not grievous to you. you will keep the commandments b/c you love your fellow man, you love your fellow man like you love yourself and you would never do evil to yourself.

so if you love your neighbor like yourself & love jesus you will automatically keep his commandments with little effort b/c love will not let you lie, cheat, murder, steal, commit sexual sin or immorality, hold grudges/unforgiveness, you will be kind, loving, gentle, meek (but not weak), not vengeful, not full of wrath...

this is where the law and the prophets are: love God & your neighbor like yourself & you fulfill the requirements. it really is that simple. all the debates and arguments about things like sabbath, food, church attendance, tithes, etc. if you love and you pray and are filled w/ the holy spirit all truth will be revealed to you. all that other stuff one does out of obedience to god through believing as revealed to them through the HS via god's living word -Jesus (John 1:14) and the written word - the bible.

matt 22:36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Mark 12:28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[f] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[g]There is no commandment greater than these."

32"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Luke 10:25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[c]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[d]"

28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

29But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

30In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two silver coins[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

36"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

37The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

Last edited:

Poohbear

You know, it really bothers me when people misrepresent Christ. But it's important for us to realize that despite what other people do, we all willl have to give a PERSONAL account to God for our lives. And we won't have the others there to point our finger at. It will just be each individual person and God. I pray that no one lets someone else's walk hinder them from getting to God. Because in the end, each journey is an individual one.

Also, regarding the bolded. We must be careful what you gain from others. The bible says "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."
Yes, we must be careful what we gain from others... that goes for Christians and non-Christians alike. We can get a lot of "junk", crookedness, and perversions from self-proclaimed Christians as well. Before even entering that Non-Theists/FreeThinkers/Atheists thread, I had those thoughts and feelings which started 2-3 years ago. We can't just live this life completely blind and ignorant to what else is out there.

And yes, each journey is an individual one but our beliefs, values, morals, etc. do come from what we have been taught by people or have gain from other sources.

And about this quote: "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."
Why do so many Christians follow what seems right to man? Fornication? Homosexuality? Lying? Stealing? Cheating? Gossip? Profanity? Etc. Its end is death, correct? Either you're 100% for God or not at all, no matter how much you claim to believe and love Jesus Christ for dying on the cross for the punishment of your sins. Like 1star said, if we as Christians love Him so much and believe in Him so much, we would keep His commandments and truly repent of our sins.

Last edited:

plainj

Poohbear, please don't say that. I know that this walk can be discouraging, disheartening, and confusing sometimes but your life is so much better with Jesus in it than not in it. You hold on to Him. He's holding on to you. Immerse yourself in His Word and He will reveal the truth to you. Focus on Him and only Him right now and no one else and He will show you. Please.

pearlygurl

that is why jesus came, so we can have a personal, one on one, intimate, two way relationship with god through his son jesus our kinsman redeemer.

christianity is so much simpler than people make it out to be.

if you love Him you will keep his commandments because they are not grievous to you. you will keep the commandments b/c you love your fellow man, you love your fellow man like you love yourself and you would never do evil to yourself.

so if you love your neighbor like yourself & love jesus you will automatically keep his commandments with little effort b/c love will not let you lie, cheat, murder, steal, commit sexual sin or immorality, hold grudges/unforgiveness, you will be kind, loving, gentle, meek (but not weak), not vengeful, not full of wrath...

this is where the law and the prophets are: love God & your neighbor like yourself & you fulfill the requirements. it really is that simple. all the debates and arguments about things like sabbath, food, church attendance, tithes, etc. if you love and you pray and are filled w/ the holy spirit all truth will be revealed to you. all that other stuff one does out of obedience to god through believing as revealed to them through the HS via god's living word -Jesus (John 1:14) and the written word - the bible.

[/B]

Thanks for the bolded....I've been saying this for years!!!!!!!!!!!

Hair2Here

It's not for us to allow who we see in church change our beliefs in God. Shucks, some of my family members are corrupt or hypocritical and because of this, we are divided. But I came out from among them, I still show them that I do love them and I will not let my feelings for them change because of what they do or say. The same goes for church people. Anyone can be religious and call themselves Christians.

I will continue to be at my home church without allowing the hypocrites, the division of the people change my way of thinking. We have to be stronger than this! There are alot of influences out there and we can't give up because someone is making it harder for us to remain faithful to Christ. After all, we have to look ahead and please him. Who cares about the troubles other Christians give us. There's a God who's stronger than them and they will have to answer to Him. In the meantime, I'm going to come out from among them too, love them but know that God will deal with it. It doesn't up set me at all when a Christian will look down at me, curse me out (it has happened), call me out my name or question my salvation. I take it and go on. Doesn't make me change my beliefs or question if there is a God!

Last edited:

hair_rehab

As many atheists, free thinkers and agnostics, etc. that exist, there are still millions of people across the world who are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior everyday. I used to be an agnostic too, but meanwhile someone was praying for my salvation and that is what we also have to do as the body of Christ. If we begin to question our own faith because of the actions of others, then we are giving satan just what he wants. But it's the effective, fervent prayer of the righteous man that avails much!

Barbie83

Thanks for this thread. I'm a regular in OffTopic and everytime I check in, its bumped to the top. *sigh*..... I know people have their different beliefs, but I just can't imagine how someone can truly consider the complexities of the human body or the earth or the solar sytem and just think that it all threw itself together randomly :nono:

How do you profess that there is no God? Like, how do you DO that? :confused:

We could argue all day long on whether or not God exists, but at the end of the day, if i HAVE to be wrong, which is a better scenario:

A) Live life as if God exists, then when u die, that's it.

B) Live life as if there is no God, then when u die, you meet He who you denied. :nono:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
AMEN .....

As many atheists, free thinkers and agnostics, etc. that exist, there are still millions of people across the world who are accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior everyday. I used to be an agnostic too, but meanwhile someone was praying for my salvation and that is what we also have to do as the body of Christ. If we begin to question our own faith because of the actions of others, then we are giving satan just what he wants. But it's the effective, fervent prayer of the righteous man that avails much!

Barbie83

And a second :amen:

Hair2Here

Wow! That's what I'm talking about! I would love to cut and paste this in the other thread! :yep:

phynestone

This is a good thread.

Poohbear, God never said our walk was going to be easy. Please don't become discouraged. I will pray for you.

sunnysmyler

Hey guys....I had to comment in that thread....Barbie83 I saw that you tried and it got a bit ugly, but Please go read what I wrote and let me know what you think.

I TRIED AND TRIED, BUT I WAS SO BOTHERED IN MY SPIRIT, I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.

THE WORD SAYS WE MUST CONTEND FOR OUR FAITH! I CONTENDED, LOL

sunnysmyler

Yes, we must be careful what we gain from others... that goes for Christians and non-Christians alike. We can get a lot of "junk", crookedness, and perversions from self-proclaimed Christians as well. Before even entering that Non-Theists/FreeThinkers/Atheists thread, I had those thoughts and feelings which started 2-3 years ago. We can't just live this life completely blind and ignorant to what else is out there.

And yes, each journey is an individual one but our beliefs, values, morals, etc. do come from what we have been taught by people or have gain from other sources.

And about this quote: "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."
Why do so many Christians follow what seems right to man? Fornication? Homosexuality? Lying? Stealing? Cheating? Gossip? Profanity? Etc. Its end is death, correct? Either you're 100% for God or not at all, no matter how much you claim to believe and love Jesus Christ for dying on the cross for the punishment of your sins. Like 1star said, if we as Christians love Him so much and believe in Him so much, we would keep His commandments and truly repent of our sins.

Pooh....Jesus doesn't expect you to be "perfect" but to not practice sin. This is the thing, the only perfect on died on the cross. This is what I do, every day I wake up, my goal for the day, that day is to fulfill the will of GOD, not commit sin and put my flesh under subjection and listen for me it's so hard sometimes cause my work environment is very carnal "law enforcement". That's it. I don't set myself up for failure, I have and I feel so disappointed in myself, and guess what. Some sins, I don't even desire to do anymore, but ohh those thorns.....constantly pricking me in my side. lol......but I press on! I gave Jesus my heart and I won't take it back.

Pooh, you are an intelligent, thinking woman, God knew that when He allowed the sperm of your father fertillize the egg of your mother. Pray to GOD for further revelation of who HE is to you. Tell Him you wanna know Him in an even deeper more personal way. He will reveal Himself.

Remember, God is not a man, that he would lie Numbers 23:19

Hair2Here

Hey guys....I had to comment in that thread....Barbie83 I saw that you tried and it got a bit ugly, but Please go read what I wrote and let me know what you think.

I TRIED AND TRIED, BUT I WAS SO BOTHERED IN MY SPIRIT, I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.

THE WORD SAYS WE MUST CONTEND FOR OUR FAITH! I CONTENDED, LOL

Wow! I can't believe what I read. It almost made me feel sick. I feel soo, soo sorry for them. It's so sad!

sidney

Poohbear, being a christian is not a free pass to sin. One of the ways we know we are saved, is that we hate sin. A person that truly loves God will not want to frustrate God's grace. They will be convicted and comfortable, and they will change. Years later you will barely recognize these folks because they will be so different, but it doesn't happen over night. Some "christians" do do all of the things you mention. Some have not matured in Christ yet, some are struggling with a sin, and some of them aren't saved but they think they are because they said a little prayer 10 years ago. In the end, we should not look to what man says, but what does God say. And that goes for christians too! I don't believe any and every opinion from a christian, I want to know, what does the bible say? Stay focused on Christ and you will be fine, I know you will. :yep:

Psalm 1
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Poohbear

By the way, I'm not questioning my faith solely on the actions of others. If I did, that would make me gullible. I question my faith for several different reasons.

And why is Satan always the blame? "I sinned because of my sinful fleshly nature and Satan made me do it." Yeah right! You did it yourself. Satan can only tempt or roar, but he cannot devour or destroy.

Every single person on this earth is alive and consciously living. We make choices to do either right or wrong, to either love God or reject God, to either believe or not believe. We are not robots.

Poohbear

Poohbear, being a christian is not a free pass to sin. One of the ways we know we are saved, is that we hate sin. A person that truly loves God will not want to frustrate God's grace. They will be convicted and comfortable, and they will change. Years later you will barely recognize these folks because they will be so different, but it doesn't happen over night. Some "christians" do do all of the things you mention. Some have not matured in Christ yet, some are struggling with a sin, and some of them aren't saved but they think they are because they said a little prayer 10 years ago. In the end, we should not look to what man says, but what does God say. And that goes for christians too! I don't believe any and every opinion from a christian, I want to know, what does the bible say? Stay focused on Christ and you will be fine, I know you will. :yep:

Psalm 1
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Exactly, that's the thing. I'm looking at what my Bible says. It says being a Christian is not a free pass to sin, in Romans 6. But why are we as Christians making it out to be that way? "We're struggling with sin." How so and why? Are we really Christians if we are struggling with sin still? Believers shouldn't struggle with sin if they believe Jesus died for their sins. When Christians accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, we're suppose to refrain from sin, repent from sin, die to sin just as Jesus died and rose again. The struggle that the Bible speaks of with believers is the struggle with temptation, the struggle with persecution for doing right! not for doing wrong or for sinning. The Bible says he who is born of God does not sin. The Bible says if you love me you'll keep my commandments. There's no way around that. How can any one of us call each other Christians and we are doing the same sins "every now and then" that bad people do?

Poohbear

Pooh....Jesus doesn't expect you to be "perfect" but to not practice sin. This is the thing, the only perfect on died on the cross. This is what I do, every day I wake up, my goal for the day, that day is to fulfill the will of GOD, not commit sin and put my flesh under subjection and listen for me it's so hard sometimes cause my work environment is very carnal "law enforcement". That's it. I don't set myself up for failure, I have and I feel so disappointed in myself, and guess what. Some sins, I don't even desire to do anymore, but ohh those thorns.....constantly pricking me in my side. lol......but I press on! I gave Jesus my heart and I won't take it back.

Pooh, you are an intelligent, thinking woman, God knew that when He allowed the sperm of your father fertillize the egg of your mother. Pray to GOD for further revelation of who HE is to you. Tell Him you wanna know Him in an even deeper more personal way. He will reveal Himself.

Remember, God is not a man, that he would lie Numbers 23:19

Define "not practicing sin". Doing any sin, whether it's everyday or once a year, is practicing sin. Jesus doesn't want us to sin, so why do we do it if we're suppose to love Him and spread the Gospel? Whether it's a "big" sin or "little" sin, ALL sin is displeasing to God. God hates ALL sin. How can we be an effective witness to a nonbeliever and we are lying, or fornicating, or making fun of people, or using curse words, and so on? That's practicing sin. We are being disobedient when we sin and fall out of fellowship with God. There's no way we are showing love to God when we sin every now and then.

sidney

Poohbear, it seems that no one can convince you otherwise about this. Paul himself said that he struggled with doing what he did not want to do (Romans 7:14), and he wrote most of the new testament and had the most spiritual revelation from God of any christian to date. I don't think anyone here is doing any and everything under the sun, we are just admitting that we are not perfect. For example, we might catch an attitude every now and then, etc. Regarding the scripture you are referencing, other people have offered other scriptures that state that we all do sin. For example, some one mentioned the scripture that says "who that says he is without sin is a liar." God also says in his scripture that "there is none righteous, not one." God himself also says that "our righteousness is as filthy rags." Look at scriptures in conext of the whole bible.

zenith

Define "not practicing sin". Doing any sin, whether it's everyday or once a year, is practicing sin. Jesus doesn't want us to sin, so why do we do it if we're suppose to love Him and spread the Gospel? Whether it's a "big" sin or "little" sin, ALL sin is displeasing to God. God hates ALL sin. How can we be an effective witness to a nonbeliever and we are lying, or fornicating, or making fun of people, or using curse words, and so on? That's practicing sin. We are being disobedient when we sin and fall out of fellowship with God. There's no way we are showing love to God when we sin every now and then.

When you get convicted of the wrong that you have done and repent, God restores you back. That is why God said that David was a man after His own heart because the minute he was alerted of his errors he quickly repented. Even the Bible says if we confess of our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

God uses believers to minister to the unbelievers that is to plan the seed, or water it, but God is the one that makes the seed grow.

1cor 3:7 says the one who plants the seed and the one who water it are not important, but God who keeps everything growing IS.

As for the continuing to practise sin, this is now a case of who is in control of your life, is it God or the flesh.
Many people jump up and say, "i'm born again." yet live like worse than the heathen. You will know them by their fruits.

The flesh has to die daily as Paul said. And it is hard to die daily. How many times do you want to flip the drive behind you for hooting and tailgating? How many times do you want to click your tongue at your boss or the check out girl?
Most of the time christian use justification as an excuse, "well they deserved it, they hurt me, the ignored me, they started it."
Do you know who is the actual offended party? The flesh. The flesh wants to be justified all the time.
If you put the flesh to death on a daily basis, you will overcome.
Yes, you will slip and fall, the righteous man falls 7 times and 7 times he will rise up.