I Asked "the Niko Question" & Wish I Didnt!

I work for a clinic. A new patient came in today with lovely, shiny bra strap length +. While I was triaging her, I asked if she was Niko's cousin. Her response was "that depends on if Niko is in jail or not".:eek: I got kind of warm and a little embarassed. I didn't know what to say. She asked me where did I know Niko from. I swear I did not know how to answer her. I just left out of the room and asked another nurse to tend to her. She probably thought I was C-R-A-Z-Y. Everytime I left out of the other patients rooms, I would quickly look in the hallway to make sure I didn't see her. I will NEVER ask this question again--- at least not at work!:look:
:dighole:..................

Alright I'm sorry, and please don't bash me, but what does NICKO stand for? I know I should know being that I been on here a lot, but I can't focus right now.

Don't be embarrassed. When I lived in Philly I was coming out of the Dominican salon and getting on the trolley to go to school and 2 girls asked me if I was Nikos' cousin. I said "what?", she repeated herself and I gave a crazy look like 'do I seem like someone who could be related to a Niko.' I said "no" and went on my way.

A few months later I stumbled upon the hair boards and later on figured out who Nikos was and put it together. I wanted to hunt down those girls and yell "I get it now. I'm one of you!" lol.

If the woman somehow figures out what you mean later down the line I'm sure she'll take it as a compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Don't be embarrassed. When I lived in Philly I was coming out of the Dominican salon and getting on the trolley to go to school and 2 girls asked me if I was Nikos' cousin. I said "what?", she repeated herself and I gave a crazy look like 'do I seem like someone who could be related to a Niko.' I said "no" and went on my way.

A few months later I stumbled upon the hair boards and later on figured out who Nikos was and put it together. I wanted to hunt down those girls and yell "I get it now. I'm one of you!" lol.

If the woman somehow figures out what you mean later down the line I'm sure she'll take it as a compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
:lachen::lol::lachen:OMG!!!

I befriended a member of Facebook who had a hair related name. I PM'd her and ask if she was Niko's cousin? She replied saying she doesn't know a Niko. I said, "Oh that's just my way of asking if you were a member of Long Hair Care Forum." She replied, "NONONONONO......" Then I asked if she was a member of a hair care forum. Again she replied, "NONONONONO," and deleted my friendship. WTF...?!?!

So Nowadays, I simply ask if one is a member of a hair care forum or search YouTube for hair care practices. The usual response is pleasant whether the answer is yes or no.

I DIED at the niko in jail part.
DIED

I ask people if they're nikos cousin, and usually they just say no.

One girl said "who the FCUK is Niko?!" like she was really mad at me lol

sooo...nobody is still explaining to me why we ask about the IT tech's cousin "Nikko" to random people we don't know and what this same "cousin" has to do with LHCF. Can someone plz fill me in on the joke already, PUH-LEEZZZ :baby2:. I feel soo left out :crybaby:

sooo...nobody is still explaining to me why we ask about the IT tech's cousin "Nikko" to random people we don't know and what this same "cousin" has to do with LHCF. Can someone plz fill me in on the joke already, PUH-LEEZZZ :baby2:. I feel soo left out :crybaby:

whitedaisez Nikos is the IT guy, right? So, asking if you are Nikos' cousin is basically identifying yourself as a member of this forum- the idea of extended families and "play cousins" come into the convo here...we're all family- we're Nikos' cousins...I hope that makes a little more sense...not really a joke- more of an identifier...

whitedaisez Nikos is the IT guy, right? So, asking if you are Nikos' cousin is basically identifying yourself as a member of this forum- the idea of extended families and "play cousins" come into the convo here...we're all family- we're Nikos' cousins...I hope that makes a little more sense...not really a joke- more of an identifier...

OH, OK!! :yep::grin:

I saw this lady who does ultra sounds...
She had a niiiiiice full bun and I know it had to be real
I wanted to ask her but didn't lol
Always pictured someone saying
"um who the &*#% is niko and why should I know him"

lolol

I've asked 2 people before...and I explained what I meant!
Needless to say, the answers were no.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. They should be flattered =)

Back