I am confused about Christians and their voting habits

MzRhonda

I understand your feeling and belief Shimmie we will just have to agree to disagree......people have differing views on this subject and it will always be devisive. That's why it always comes into play during an election year. :ohwell: I personally have not lost any respect for him as a person or as my President.

BostonMaria

I'm voting for Romney. When he was governor of my state (MA) there was a surplus and jobs were abundant. He's not very immigrant friendly so I'm a little hesitant to vote for him since I'm foreign born, but I gotta pick my poison.

As much as I love Obama I can't vote for such a liberal president. I have to be accountable one day for that decision.

BTW Obama was always anti gay marriage. He's trying to get the young voters and the 4% gay population to vote for him. Romney is trying to get the conservatives and older voters. It's all about politics folks, I won't play that game. They'll do and say anything for a vote. The only person that can save us is Jesus.

PS I hate that they compare gays with blacks. Last time I checked my gay white co-workers have never been enslaved, never had their families taken away, aren't getting raped, and they've always enjoyed the privileges of being white. Not sure why blacks think gay people care about us.

Kurlee

I'm voting for Romney. When he was governor of my state (MA) there was a surplus and jobs were abundant. He's not very immigrant friendly so I'm a little hesitant to vote for him since I'm foreign born, but I gotta pick my poison.

As much as I love Obama I can't vote for such a liberal president. I have to be accountable one day for that decision.

BTW Obama was always anti gay marriage. He's trying to get the young voters and the 4% gay population to vote for him. Romney is trying to get the conservatives and older voters. It's all about politics folks, I won't play that game. They'll do and say anything for a vote. The only person that can save us is Jesus.

PS I hate that they compare gays with blacks. Last time I checked my gay white co-workers have never been enslaved, never had their families taken away, aren't getting raped, and they've always enjoyed the privileges of being white. Not sure why blacks think gay people care about us.

Love the bolded and totally agree. As for the rest, supporting Romney will make things worse. Republicans don't care one bit about regla folk!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

:thankyou:

Eventually I go downstairs and begin my laundry. After thanking Lilani, I saw your post (the bolded) and I just had to thank you too.

THANK YOU!

Shimmie

Staff member
I understand your feeling and belief Shimmie we will just have to agree to disagree......people have differing views on this subject and it will always be devisive. That's why it always comes into play during an election year. :ohwell: I personally have not lost any respect for him as a person or as my President.

I understand and I respect your feelings. I still 'love' him, he's still one of us and to be honest, I feel sorry for him. :yep:

Rhonda, one day we're going to have a Black Man upfront who will show the world that there is no compromise and no selling out and no loss of integrity. These Black men are out there, however the world doesn't want good men, they want the ones who waver between right and wrong and wrong again.

I'll tell you something else. If anyone comes hard against you for supporting him and says something to attack you personally, they have me to contend with. Just because we disagree, doesn't mean I don't care. There are some that I can disagree with and still love them :love3: You are one of them.

Then ..... there are others..... :grin:

Happy Mother's Day, Mz Rhonda. I truly mean it. :flowers:

nathansgirl1908

I understand your feeling and belief @Shimmie we will just have to agree to disagree......people have differing views on this subject and it will always be devisive. That's why it always comes into play during an election year. :ohwell: I personally have not lost any respect for him as a person or as my President.

What exactly did you expect in the CHRISTIAN forum? Seriously. I ask that without a bit of snark.

Shimmie

Staff member
What exactly did you expect in the CHRISTIAN forum? Seriously. I ask that without a bit of snark.

:kiss:

nathansgirl1908.....

The real question may be... what did anyone expect around me...? :look: :lol:

My son used to watch Martin. I hated that show except for one episode.... "My Mama's Bird".

That was my reaction to Obama's speech and announcement. I won't post it because it's Martin. But when he did the 'Florida Evans' routine ... that was me! The entire scene. :lol: I have been in total disbelief since he spoke out. :nono:

missann

Thinking....
This man changes his spots and stripes to what benefits him and no one else. He says just enough to get 'Christians' to believe him; there's very little he has to say to get most Blacks to support him, for it's the color of his skin that drew us to him in the first place. And out of all of the people who love him 'most', we're the ones for whom he has done the least for. The very least.

I've yet to see a president give so much favour and attention to any one set of people than Obama has to gays. If his wife and children weren't Black, I'd dare say the man didn't like Black folks at all.

Here's a fact and watch for it to happen. Watch for it. You won't have long to wait...just watch for it.

Before the end of this election, gays are going to pull at him for more and what he doesn't deliver they are going to drag him through the mud.

Obama is STILL Black and highly disliked for being a Black man in the White House. An attack is surely coming against him and gays will not support him. But Black folks will. Oh indeed, cause that's how Black people are, no matter how wronged they are by someone they love, they will still come to the rescue of their own. Right now, knowing full well how wrong Obama has been, there are millions of Blacks who still love and support him, no matter what.

He used us... Oh yes he did. He used us. We prayed for this man, protected this man, supported this man and he used us. Of all of the candidates, why could he not be different and not be like the rest? Why did he have to be a liar and a trickster? Why could he not just stand upon integrity and not compromise the true character of a man and not be a politician? He used us and he lied. And for this alone, I have lost all respect for him.

I could care less about Mitt Romney and whoever any of them are.

But this one.... Obama, I expected more from him in character and in intergrity. He's a snake, no different than any of the rest and for this he's lost me. It's a game to him and I refused to be played. Why did he have to lie? Why did he have to cheat? Why did he use the very people who loved him, not just the most, but the very people who loved him period? We didn't have enough to get him where he wanted to be, that's why.

The gay agenda has MONEY... Hundreds and Hundreds of Millions and this will cause a man who wants power to fail each and every time. Obama isn't about gay equality. They were never not equal. There were always laws to give them hospital visits and care for their children.

Don't be fooled ... It's time to turn away from the deceptions of man which includes Obama and focus upon God and no one else.

Obama will not be able to save anyone. His heart is not with us... it is on himself.

Seriously?? But you all saw his character in '08 when he denied his pastor and threw Rev. Wright under the bus - all in the name of politics.

So many people on here ridiculed those who supported Hillary and hailed Obama because he was black and him winning would be so historic and symbolic for all the black kids. I don't see how you can be surprised at his actions. Same 'ol Obama.

Also, if Christians are getting all riled up about homosexuality, they should approach premarital sex, shacking, and divorce/remarriage with the same vigor. Don't cherry-pick sins and immorality.

MzRhonda

Seriously?? But you all saw his character in '08 when he denied his pastor and threw Rev. Wright under the bus - all in the name of politics.

So many people on here ridiculed those who supported Hillary and hailed Obama because he was black and him winning would be so historic and symbolic for all the black kids. I don't see how you can be surprised at his actions. Same 'ol Obama.

Also, if Christians are getting all riled up about homosexuality, they should approach premarital sex, shacking, and divorce/remarriage with the same vigor. Don't cherry-pick sins and immorality.

The bolded is what I have been saying on the political forum :lol:

menina

Believing the book of Revelations

oh trust, if those things happen to be placed on the ballot, i'd vote accordingly..

Shimmie

Staff member

What diffence does it make what we did in '08. We gave the man the benefit of the doubt. We sure didn't want Palin and McCain. Don't get all feathered, because we've changed our view. Has he not changed his?

Reality has kicked in. In 2008 we had a new hope for a better and newer change. As voters we had a right to choose. Now had we chose and supported McCain, you'd have a valid argument about 2008. However at the end of the day, it didn't pan out with Obama. He didn't HAVE to choose to support gay marriage. What could someone do to him if he chose not to support it? Nothing!

As for being against homosexuality... are you kidding me? You better believe we're going to go against it and hard. Don't ever look for the battle to stop, just because you don't approve of it. Out of all of the sins you mention, who in the Church is fighting to make them law as gay supporters are fighting to make gay marriage law?

None of what you've stated is not going to validate homosexuality. It's not in God's plan. Out of all sins, it is the ONE sin that God Himself calls an abomination. No Church that I know of condones the sins you speak of EXCEPT gay churches. You heard me :yep: ... gay churches go all around scripture to validate being gay to the extent of making excuses for the other sins you've mentioned above. They doctrine is to erase all convictions of sexual sins, to validate their lifestyle.

I don't want to be in a 'rile' with you, so please... don't go there. It's a waste to falsely accuse Christians of 'cherry picking' / condoning all other sins. It's not true loved one... it's simply not true.

You may find it true with those who call themselves Christians who also condone homosexuality. I think this is where your misinformation lies.

Let's be real. God is not validating Obama and gay marriage. :nono:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan

There are political questions at play here as well. For other believers who might be wondering how these issues are different, here's a breakdown (it's long!):

The U.S. respects freedom of religion, but has always respected the right of Americans to allow their laws to be informed by moral principles. Many who complain today either do not know the political tradition of the U.S., or want to ignore it. Morality is simply people's belief in what is right or wrong. Religion is an express affirmation of a deity, accompanied by religious observance. All "separation of church and state" means is that the government cannot make anyone worship a particular God or follow particular religious observances...or discriminate against people because of the religion they follow.

Religious freedom does not mean that moral questions are excluded from the law. Law is inherently moral because it pertains to right and wrong in society. People develop their moral values by many different means that may or may not be religious, but morals are always implicated. There are many whose moral convictions are based on biblical principles, others on their own observance of the world around them or family tradition, whatever. But to say something is wrong and to stand against it is not to make someone observe your religion.

No one in this country has ever been free to be free from society's morals, as that is what law has always been based on--right and wrong. The government does not criminalize every wrong behavior, mostly because it cannot be everywhere at once, and also because it's authority has to be limited. (No one is going to be thrown in jail for jealousy). The government pretty much sticks to criminalizing behavior that harms other people or the State itself.

But, the government also makes positive affirmations, which are also moral. For instance, the Government provides survivor's benefits for widows and orphans because society recognizes that we ought to support widows and orphans. The federal government will also make accommodations/support married couples, like those in the military...which comes with certain benefits. No one is owed those benefits or that government support. The government does it in recognition of the value of marital relationships and their contribution to society...morals again.

Because society/the government chooses to support marriages because of their value in society and the government does not have to give benefits to anyone, the question of whether certain types of unions should receive government affirmation is definitely up for grabs. It is a question that will depend on societal values and whether the American people (the ones who actually vote) believe that gay marriages should be affirmed and supported legally and receive the same benefits as traditional married couples. Obviously, many people do not believe these unions should be supported and affirmed by the government.

But it is not at all about the imposition of religion or theocracies, as in a theocracy, people are forced to worship a particular God. But, this is a democracy, which means that the people have a say in what the government does. People have a right to live their private lives as they choose, but that is a separate issue from having the government/society make a positive affirmation/give the same benefits to homosexual couples as it does to heterosexual spouses.

Last edited:

auparavant

Biden should have kept his disability in check...A BIG MOUTH. At least they got Romney on bullying a gay and he can't even recollect it. Isn't that some kind of psychological condition? :giggle: The lesser of two evils...well, we've been feeling this every since the Pilgrims, so it's nothing new to us.

Shimmie

Staff member
Biden should have kept his disability in check...A BIG MOUTH. At least they got Romney on bullying a gay and he can't even recollect it.

Isn't that some kind of psychological condition? :giggle: The lesser of two evils...well, we've been feeling this every since the Pilgrims, so it's nothing new to us.

"Aupar"... you were back there with the Pilgrims?

:bighug:

Don't stone me. I'm just teasing.

ETA: Romney said he didn't know that he was gay.... :look:

Where do these reporters dig this stuff up anyway? :lol:

auparavant

Shimmie

Romney doesn't even remember cutting off his hair and roughin him up :lol: I don't think they dug this up from nowhere...cuz if he did it, he's got a serious psychological condition not knowing he beat the crap out of somebody AHAHA. Yeah, I've been around since the Pilgrims lolol...that's what my left crazy hip tells me. Hopefully, it comes along younger with this new mattress purchase lol.

Shimmie

Staff member
There are political questions at play here as well. For other believers who might be wondering how these issues are different, here's a breakdown (it's long!):

The U.S. respects freedom of religion, but has always respected the right of Americans to allow their laws to be informed by moral principles. Many who complain today either do not know the political tradition of the U.S., or want to ignore it. Morality is simply people's belief in what is right or wrong. Religion is an express affirmation of a deity, accompanied by religious observance. All "separation of church and state" means is that the government cannot make anyone worship a particular God or follow particular religious observances...or discriminate against people because of the religion they follow.

Religious freedom does not mean that moral questions are excluded from the law. Law is inherently moral because it pertains to right and wrong in society. People develop their moral values by many different means that may or may not be religious, but morals are always implicated. There are many whose moral convictions are based on biblical principles, others on their own observance of the world around them or family tradition, whatever. But to say something is wrong and to stand against it is not to make someone observe your religion.

No one in this country has ever been free to be free from society's morals, as that is what law has always been based on--right and wrong. The government does not criminalize every wrong behavior, mostly because it cannot be everywhere at once, and also because it's authority has to be limited. (No one is going to be thrown in jail for jealousy). The government pretty much sticks to criminalizing behavior that harms other people or the State itself.

But, the government also makes positive affirmations, which are also moral. For instance, the Government provides survivor's benefits for widows and orphans because society recognizes that we ought to support widows and orphans. The federal government will also make accommodations/support married couples, like those in the military...which comes with certain benefits. No one is owed those benefits or that government support. The government does it in recognition of the value of marital relationships and their contribution to society...morals again.

Because society/the government chooses to support marriages because of their value in society and the government does not have to give benefits to anyone, the question of whether certain types of unions should receive government affirmation is definitely up for grabs. It is a question that will depend on societal values and whether the American people (the ones who actually vote) believe that gay marriages should be affirmed and supported legally and receive the same benefits as traditional married couples. Obviously, many people do not believe these unions should be supported and affirmed by the government.

But it is not at all about the imposition of religion or theocracies, as in a theocracy, people are forced to worship a particular God. But, this is a democracy, which means that the people have a say in what the government does. People have a right to live their private lives as they choose, but that is a separate issue from having the government/society make a positive affirmation/give the same benefits to homosexual couples as it does to heterosexual spouses.

Wow. Thank you. Nicola, it's the manner in which you break it down; it simply cannot be disputed, for it is no doubt that you are sharing the Truth, and it's a Truth that stands on it's own.

Without contention I have some questions.

1. How can gays state that they have a constitutional right to marriage? It makes no sense to me, as they are not male and female.

2. I know what's behind it 'spiritually', yet what are they using to validate that they are entitled? There are others who need the same benefits (elderly singles, or individuals who want someone other than a family member that they trust, etc.). There are legal documents which allow anyone, including gays, to designate someone as an Advanced Medical and/or Financial Power of Attorney, and other issues they claim they don't have rights to currently.

My mom legally gave me complete control over her financial and medical decisions, including her house and insurance policies. I was legally named her beneficiary and no one could dispute it. After her passing, I was legally So what is the issue with gays who have the same right to name anyone as their Power of Attorney, etc. After she passed away, I was the Adminstrator of her Estate.

3. Instead of redefining marriage the government has these legal methods in place for anyone who wishes to have a designee for their personal affairs.

Why aren't gays utilizing this? Marriage is not theirs to redefine.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie

Romney doesn't even remember cutting off his hair and roughin him up :lol: I don't think they dug this up from nowhere...cuz if he did it, he's got a serious psychological condition not knowing he beat the crap out of somebody AHAHA. Yeah, I've been around since the Pilgrims lolol...that's what my left crazy hip tells me. Hopefully, it comes along younger with this new mattress purchase lol.

He cut his hair ???? Oh that's going way too far. Girl he 'betta' know not to touch anyone's hair. That will NOT fly over up in this here forum. Naw uhhh, :nono: :fistshake:

I think I was back there with the Pilgrims too. Those pictures in the school history books look kinda familiar... :look:

BTW: Hey Sweets... Happy Mothers Day to You... Happy, Happy Day :love3:

Kurlee

I'm disappointed in Obama for caving. Everyone is rejoicing, but I think it's kind of short-sighted. Who cares if he said it, if it's only because Biden and his big mouth kind of forced him to say something. I think privately he doesn't really agree and prally will not do much to move legislation forward. Why is everyone so happy, he obviously doesn't mean it?

Kurlee

Wow. Thank you. Nicola, it's the manner in which you break it down; it simply cannot be disputed, for it is no doubt that you are sharing the Truth, and it's a Truth that stands on it's own.

Without contention I have some questions.

1. How can gays state that they have a constitutional right to marriage? It makes no sense to me, as they are not male and female.

2. I know what's behind it 'spiritually', yet what are they using to validate that they are entitled? There are others who need the same benefits (elderly singles, or individuals who want someone other than a family member that they trust, etc.). There are legal documents which allow anyone, including gays, to designate someone as an Advanced Medical and/or Financial Power of Attorney, and other issues they claim they don't have rights to currently.

My mom legally gave me complete control over her financial and medical decisions, including her house and insurance policies. I was legally named her beneficiary and no one could dispute it. After her passing, I was legally So what is the issue with gays who have the same right to name anyone as their Power of Attorney, etc. After she passed away, I was the Adminstrator of her Estate.

3. Instead of redefining marriage the government has these legal methods in place for anyone who wishes to have a designee for their personal affairs.

Why aren't gays utilizing this? Marriage is not theirs to redefine.
this!!!:yep:

Spring

I'm disappointed in Obama for caving. Everyone is rejoicing, but I think it's kind of short-sighted. Who cares if he said it, if it's only because Biden and his big mouth kind of forced him to say something. I think privately he doesn't really agree and prally will not do much to move legislation forward. Why is everyone so happy, he obviously doesn't mean it?

Obama didn't cave... he wanted to hide his true feelings about homosexuality from blacks for as long as possible.

Kurlee

Obama didn't cave... he wanted to hide his true feelings about homosexuality from blacks for as long as possible.

I don't think so. Obama seems to be a pretty open book, but he knows that homosexuality is a hot button issue, so he was towing the line, IMO. I think he's full of it on this issue and Biden forced his hand. Black folk are not the ones who voted him in (too little of the population), so I don't see him hiding from black folk. People are so overjoyed, they only want to see what they want to see.

HappilyLiberal

I'm sorry, but you do not have a clear understanding what the President can and cannot do. You want him to do something that is not within his powers and them blame him when he cannot. The issues you speak of cannot be legislated away. They are issues in the community that the community must take care of themselves. The fact that so many blacks are sitting back waiting for someone to do something rather than doing it for themselves is a huge part of the problem.

:worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Shimmie

Staff member

The 'happy' that folks are expressing is blindness; they're rejoicing over a sin that has the president's stamp of approval. Those who rejoice are those who are blocking God's conviction over this sin. They now feel that if Obama approves it, then it's their redemption from moral conviction. Obama (who is their god) has removed homosexuality from the 'sin' list. It's no longer under penalty.

Yet... there is a penalty for sin which is unrepented of; how sad for those who rejoice. :nono:

HappilyLiberal

You sound like someone from another race that is stereotyping us as thoughtless drones. Newsflash, Black people are not simpletons, most of us do not look to him to solve our day to day problems, we see him as a capable leader that we are politically aligned with, simple as that. You sound like a republican and thats all well and good, but don't stereotype Blacks and their politics like this, its ridiculous.

You sound like you see gays as the enemy or something. Gay people are a diverse group of people how can you generalize like this:perplexed

The sobering fact of the matter is, most black men/boys are killed by black men/boys, thats something we have to grapple with ourselves on the micro level.

You accuse others of it but it seems you're the one that expected Obama to be our savior more then anyone else and thats what has you in a tizzy. I never got it twisted. There are things that have to be handled on a community level and there are things that have to be legislated. The vast majority of black folks issues must be addressed on a community level and then have capable surrogates that will see to it that it is backed up politically.

Various reasons including but not limited to racial profiling.

The better question is, how can we as Black people be proacive in improving the quality of our neighborhoods and take charge of educating our children ourselves?

FALSE the vast majority of drugs consumed in this country are consumed by whites. I never saw as much hard drugs as I did when I moved to a mostly white affluent suburb. The worst I saw in the hood was weed and alcohol, once I got out here I was shocked to see a YT girl snort coke like it was nothing in between poses for our senior picture.

Categorically FALSE, Whites receive 85% of public assistance in this nation. We are a minority, even if 100% of Blacks were on welfare (which we aren't) we only comprise 13% of the population so it is impossible for us to be the top welfare recipients. The fact of the matter is, there are various classes of Blacks just like any other group so the percentage of us being on public assistance is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Its important to know your facts:nono:

To say someone could care less means that they care:look: :lol:

Things Obama has done for Blacks:

CRACK VS. POWDER COCAINE. In 2010, the President signed the Fair Sentencing Act, which narrowed the huge disparity between sentences for possession of crack cocaine vs. powder cocaine. Under the old law, possession of five grams of crack resulted in the same mandatory five-year sentence as five hundred grams of powder cocaine. Obama reduced the 100 to 1 ratio to 18 to 1. Crack users are disproportionately African-American, and the war on drugs has been a war on the poor and people of color, destroying black families and communities. As a result of America’s drug laws, the U.S. has the world’s largest prison population, and a majority of prisoners are blacks and Latinos.

HBCUS and STUDENT LOAN AID. In 2010, the president signed an executive order for the president’s Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The order provides $98 million in extra funding for HBCUs for 10 years. The order—which also provided for $20.5 million more to the HBCU Capital Financing program and $64.5 million for the Strengthening Historically Black Graduate Institution program—makes nearly $400 million more available in Pell Grants to students at all colleges. Obama appointed Hampton University President William Harvey as chairman of the President’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. In addition, President Obama made a sweeping overhaul of the federal student loan program by eliminating fees to private banks. Much of the $68 billion savings will go to student aid, and the law invests $2 billion in community colleges.

MINORITY ACCESS TO CAPITAL. As a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the Obama stimulus package, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has expanded its outreach to minority owned businesses. Twenty percent of the billions of dollars in SBA loans provided by the stimulus have gone to minority-owned companies.

DIVERSITY. The Obama administration is the most diverse White House in U.S. history. Eric Holder is the first black Attorney General. The UN Ambassador, Susan E. Rice, is also an African American, as is EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, NASA chief Charles F. Bolden, Jr., and Surgeon General Regina M. Benjamin. Diversity is extending to the federal bench as well, with blacks as 25 percent of the President’s judicial nominees, and minorities as nearly half. For example, Irene Cornelia Berger was confirmed as the first black federal judge in West Virginia. Tanya Pratt became the first African-American appointee to a federal judgeship in Indiana, and Michelle Childs became the second black federal judge in South Carolina. President Obama recently nominated Judge Bernice Bouie Donald, a federal district judge in Tennessee, to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Last year, the President nominated Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina and third justice of color to sit on the Supreme Court. Elections do matter.

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY. Obama funded the design of the Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History, which is scheduled to open in 2015 on the National Mall in Washington. The museum will occupy a five-acre site near the National Museum of American History and the Washington Monument. The Smithsonian is reviewing design proposals from six architectural teams.

BLACK FARMERS' SETTLEMENT. On December 8, President Obama signed legislation that provided $1.15 billion to black farmers who sued the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in the 1997 case, Pigford v. Glickman. In the suit, which settled out of court 11 years ago, the farmers claimed the government discriminated against them by denying or cheating them out of federal aid. More than 75,000 farmers will receive up to $50,000 each. Some have suggested that it made a difference to have a black man in the White House. In any case, the symbolism is clear, as is the message that the government wants to correct a grievous injustice. “This is a settlement that addressed a historical wrong, I mean something that this country is not about and should not be about,” said U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shimmie

Staff member

:amen:

Legalizing gay marriage will never erase homosexuality from being sin. It doesn't 'clean it up' nor make homosexuality equal to a male/female relationship / marriage.

Legalizing gay marriage is not the remedy for the healing / redemption of gays, it only pulls them deeper into their sin along with their supporters.

It's 'tatted' for life as invalid and nothing and no one can ever change that.

Shimmie

Staff member
You sound like someone from another race that is stereotyping us as thoughtless drones. Newsflash, Black people are not simpletons, most of us do not look to him to solve our day to day problems, we see him as a capable leader that we are politically aligned with, simple as that. You sound like a republican and thats all well and good, but don't stereotype Blacks and their politics like this, its ridiculous.

You sound like you see gays as the enemy or something. Gay people are a diverse group of people how can you generalize like this:perplexed

The sobering fact of the matter is, most black men/boys are killed by black men/boys, thats something we have to grapple with ourselves on the micro level.

You accuse others of it but it seems you're the one that expected Obama to be our savior more then anyone else and thats what has you in a tizzy. I never got it twisted. There are things that have to be handled on a community level and there are things that have to be legislated. The vast majority of black folks issues must be addressed on a community level and then have capable surrogates that will see to it that it is backed up politically.

Various reasons including but not limited to racial profiling.

The better question is, how can we as Black people be proacive in improving the quality of our neighborhoods and take charge of educating our children ourselves?

FALSE the vast majority of drugs consumed in this country are consumed by whites. I never saw as much hard drugs as I did when I moved to a mostly white affluent suburb. The worst I saw in the hood was weed and alcohol, once I got out here I was shocked to see a YT girl snort coke like it was nothing in between poses for our senior picture.

Categorically FALSE, Whites receive 85% of public assistance in this nation. We are a minority, even if 100% of Blacks were on welfare (which we aren't) we only comprise 13% of the population so it is impossible for us to be the top welfare recipients. The fact of the matter is, there are various classes of Blacks just like any other group so the percentage of us being on public assistance is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Its important to know your facts:nono:

To say someone could care less means that they care:look: :lol:

Things Obama has done for Blacks:
CRACK VS. POWDER COCAINE. In 2010, the President signed the Fair Sentencing Act, which narrowed the huge disparity between sentences for possession of crack cocaine vs. powder cocaine. Under the old law, possession of five grams of crack resulted in the same mandatory five-year sentence as five hundred grams of powder cocaine. Obama reduced the 100 to 1 ratio to 18 to 1. Crack users are disproportionately African-American, and the war on drugs has been a war on the poor and people of color, destroying black families and communities. As a result of America’s drug laws, the U.S. has the world’s largest prison population, and a majority of prisoners are blacks and Latinos.

HBCUS and STUDENT LOAN AID. In 2010, the president signed an executive order for the president’s Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The order provides $98 million in extra funding for HBCUs for 10 years. The order—which also provided for $20.5 million more to the HBCU Capital Financing program and $64.5 million for the Strengthening Historically Black Graduate Institution program—makes nearly $400 million more available in Pell Grants to students at all colleges. Obama appointed Hampton University President William Harvey as chairman of the President’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. In addition, President Obama made a sweeping overhaul of the federal student loan program by eliminating fees to private banks. Much of the $68 billion savings will go to student aid, and the law invests $2 billion in community colleges.

MINORITY ACCESS TO CAPITAL. As a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the Obama stimulus package, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has expanded its outreach to minority owned businesses. Twenty percent of the billions of dollars in SBA loans provided by the stimulus have gone to minority-owned companies.

DIVERSITY. The Obama administration is the most diverse White House in U.S. history. Eric Holder is the first black Attorney General. The UN Ambassador, Susan E. Rice, is also an African American, as is EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, NASA chief Charles F. Bolden, Jr., and Surgeon General Regina M. Benjamin. Diversity is extending to the federal bench as well, with blacks as 25 percent of the President’s judicial nominees, and minorities as nearly half. For example, Irene Cornelia Berger was confirmed as the first black federal judge in West Virginia. Tanya Pratt became the first African-American appointee to a federal judgeship in Indiana, and Michelle Childs became the second black federal judge in South Carolina. President Obama recently nominated Judge Bernice Bouie Donald, a federal district judge in Tennessee, to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Last year, the President nominated Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina and third justice of color to sit on the Supreme Court. Elections do matter.

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY. Obama funded the design of the Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History, which is scheduled to open in 2015 on the National Mall in Washington. The museum will occupy a five-acre site near the National Museum of American History and the Washington Monument. The Smithsonian is reviewing design proposals from six architectural teams.

BLACK FARMERS' SETTLEMENT. On December 8, President Obama signed legislation that provided $1.15 billion to black farmers who sued the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in the 1997 case, Pigford v. Glickman. In the suit, which settled out of court 11 years ago, the farmers claimed the government discriminated against them by denying or cheating them out of federal aid. More than 75,000 farmers will receive up to $50,000 each. Some have suggested that it made a difference to have a black man in the White House. In any case, the symbolism is clear, as is the message that the government wants to correct a grievous injustice. “This is a settlement that addressed a historical wrong, I mean something that this country is not about and should not be about,” said U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

*News Flash*

After all of this, it's still amounts to nothing compared to his dedication to gays as compared to Blacks.

You can defend him all you want, as a Black you've still been 'swept' under his rug.

HappilyLiberal

How do you suppose that will happen when Blacks spend so much time fighting for and celebrating the rights of others instead of fighting for and celebrating the rights of their own community?

I don't think this is a matter of blacks going out and fighting for someone else. It is a matter of blacks not complaining because someone else decided to protect their rights.