I am confused about Christians and their voting habits

MzRhonda

I will not be voting for Romeny-I can't as a black or as a woman. While I'm not in love with Obama I never hailed him as the second coming as so many people did so my disappointment isn't as great. For me the gay issue isn't about right and wrong it is about freedom of religion. Should someone, who doesn't believe the same way I do, be allowed to have the rights that I have in this country? My answer is yes so I have no problem with gay marriage. But people tend to view this issue as a moral one rather than an issue of rights and freedom of religion. As long as our politicians continue to try to frame the issue as a moral decision they will continue to distract us from the real issues in our government. The decision to dissolve the rights of women, erase the middle class, and cut social programs for the poor and elderly will be completely ignored because of the marriage issue.

Well said....and those are the issues I will base my vote on....for or against gay marriage won't put food on my table, access to affordable health care, a job, a college education for my children etc etc and at this point I am afraid Romney is clueless about those issues so he is not the candidate for me and my family.

auparavant

So many try and get us to vote republican but I figure out that they are not truly pro-life if they want to save the fetus but don't give a damn after he's born.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
O.K. I don't know what blacks expected him to do for them that they couldn't do for themselves. I hear blacks say that but then I ask what was he supposed to do? They have no idea. Some people really did think they were voting for Superman. I actually felt sad when he was elected. With the poor economy (not much anyone can do about it), 2 wars, and a health care agenda I knew he was facing a situation that he couldn't win.

You're missing the point... Blacks are still hailing this man as the one to put food on their tables and to insure that they'll have decent health care, etc., all of this before righteousness. However, they're looking to a man who could care less about them.

I'm not the one calling him superman, however the alligience that this man still has is coming from people that he could care less about. Obama is more focused upon appeasing gays who want hospital visit and other whiney complaints. They are not the victims that every has made them out to be and Obama knows this. YET... he has still catered to them....

All the while...

We still have Travon Martins happening all over this country, not just Florida. Laws which allow them to be 'killed while walking Black'.

Why are our Black men still the vast olume of Jails?

Why are Black neighborhoods still without better homes and Black schools still the lowest in quality education?

Why are drugs still predominant in Black neighborhoods and schools?

Why are Blacks still the highest of welfare receipients?

Yet the gay cries and whines took presidence over all of this and much more?

Those voting for Obama are still voting for a man who could care less about them and that's my point. He could truly care less.

dicapr

You're missing the point... Blacks are still hailing this man as the one to put food on their tables and to insure that they'll have decent health care, etc., all of this before righteousness. However, they're looking to a man who could care less about them.

I'm not the one calling him superman, however the alligience that this man still has is coming from people that he could care less about. Obama is more focused upon appeasing gays who want hospital visit and other whiney complaints. They are not the victims that every has made them out to be and Obama knows this. YET... he has still catered to them....

All the while...

We still have Travon Martins happening all over this country, not just Florida. Laws which allow them to be 'killed while walking Black'.

Those are state laws. The president can't do anything about those. That is not within his power-he can't change racist or state laws.

They are comitting crimes. Stop doing things that will land you in jail and that will not be an issue.

Why are Black neighborhoods still without better homes and Black schools still the lowest in quality education?

He was supposed to undo a century of economic disparity in less than 4 years- wow! All of this in the mist of a shrinking economy.

Blacks are buying them. If demand goes down dealers will move out of black areas. Besides, that is not the responsibility of an elected official. That is a community issue!

We as a community don't band together and make the necessary decisions to help one another out of poverty. There is also a culture of poverty that can't be overcome with legislation. What is he supposed to do? He can either try and get congress to give more aid or cut aid and remove many of them from the system. How is one man supposed to overcome a culture that glorifies its poverty?

He was asked his opinion. He gave it. He also stated he was going to do nothing to advance his view point. He is not doing anything for them. He is leaving it up to the states.

Those voting for Obama are still voting for a man who could care less about them and that's my point. He could truly care less.

I'm sorry, but you do not have a clear understanding what the President can and cannot do. You want him to do something that is not within his powers and them blame him when he cannot. The issues you speak of cannot be legislated away. They are issues in the community that the community must take care of themselves. The fact that so many blacks are sitting back waiting for someone to do something rather than doing it for themselves is a huge part of the problem.

Last edited:

MzRhonda

All the while...

Shimmie you my girl and all :grin: so don't stone me...but you say all of this to say because Obama is BLACK and the President he was supposed to single handedly fix all of the ills of the black people and community?

I won't say he could care less about us but we first must care enough about ourselves to have others care about us and we need to begin to affect our own change if a change is going to come.

The gays came with a specific agenda - same sex marriage and we need to come with a specific agenda as well.

gays did not ask Obama his opinion yesterday the media has been stirring all of this up, why? to get black folks right where they are now...all up in arms and against Obama. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm not one of those who was looking for Obama to "save" me for anyone who thought like that shame on them.......I don't look for any person or any President to "save" me.

Perhaps those who were looking for Obama to "save" them are now against him because they feel as if he didn't "save" them.....well that was not his job.

I definitely wasn't looking for Obama to save me... I didn't need saving. However many have placed their Black hopes in him and he has proven that he is not a 'Black' loving president.

You shared about health benefits up thread. Effective July 1, 2012 every insurance provider in Maryland has dropped their coverage by 10% and in addition have increased co-pays by as much as an additonal $25. This is with Obama in office.

Here is a quote from our Health Benefits Booklet :

The Patient Protection and Affordable

Care Act (Healthcare Reform)

In March 2010, President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

(PPACA) into federal law. The federal regulations identified by the enactment of the PPACA has various impacts on employee benefit plan designs, costs, and eligibility. The initial changes occurred for the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program participants on July 1, 2011.

One sad example of the changes:

People with cancer are no longer covered at 100%, yet these are the very ones unable to work and obtain sustainable income to cover medical treatments, let alone cost of living expenses.

We are now allowed only one GYN, Base Mamogram, Annual Physical at 100%; the insurances will only cover 90% PLUS the increased co-payments for any subsequent doctor visits.

Last year my cousin was called back to have a second mamogram, because the first one had 'questions'. She's now paying the lab over $400 to cover the expenses of the 2nd scan which was NOT her fault. The insurance provider would not cover it. :nono: (Obama in office)

ER Visits are $150 ($75 for the hospital / $75 for the attending physician) plus any additional charges including some labs where all labs were covered at 100 %. Hospital stays are no longer covered at 100%.

I've been insured for years (PPO Plans - ability to select any doctor outside of the network) and have never had to pay anything over a co-payment. These increases also apply to in-network physicians as well.

Obama...missed something, because now our health care is costing more.

God truly provides, but what about those who don't have the faith that I've been blessed with? Their suffering is more.

Trust me, I'm not defending Republicans, I can't stand any of these politicians, however Obama hasn't done any better for anyone financially, that I can attest to. Especially coming July 1 which is only weeks away.

Please believe me, that I'm not contending with you. I have the highest of regard for you. I don't fault you for supporting Obama. That's your choice and so be it.

From what I've seen of him, he's no better than the ones before him in office. :nono:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

Shimmie said:
You sound like someone from another race that is stereotyping us as thoughtless drones. Newsflash, Black people are not simpletons, most of us do not look to him to solve our day to day problems, we see him as a capable leader that we are politically aligned with, simple as that. You sound like a republican and thats all well and good, but don't stereotype Blacks and their politics like this, its ridiculous.

You sound like you see gays as the enemy or something. Gay people are a diverse group of people how can you generalize like this:perplexed

All the while...

The sobering fact of the matter is, most black men/boys are killed by black men/boys, thats something we have to grapple with ourselves on the micro level.

You accuse others of it but it seems you're the one that expected Obama to be our savior more then anyone else and thats what has you in a tizzy. I never got it twisted. There are things that have to be handled on a community level and there are things that have to be legislated. The vast majority of black folks issues must be addressed on a community level and then have capable surrogates that will see to it that it is backed up politically.

Various reasons including but not limited to racial profiling.

The better question is, how can we as Black people be proacive in improving the quality of our neighborhoods and take charge of educating our children ourselves?

FALSE the vast majority of drugs consumed in this country are consumed by whites. I never saw as much hard drugs as I did when I moved to a mostly white affluent suburb. The worst I saw in the hood was weed and alcohol, once I got out here I was shocked to see a YT girl snort coke like it was nothing in between poses for our senior picture.

Categorically FALSE, Whites receive 85% of public assistance in this nation. We are a minority, even if 100% of Blacks were on welfare (which we aren't) we only comprise 13% of the population so it is impossible for us to be the top welfare recipients. The fact of the matter is, there are various classes of Blacks just like any other group so the percentage of us being on public assistance is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Its important to know your facts:nono:

Yet the gay cries and whines took precedence over all of this and much more?

To say someone could care less means that they care:look: :lol:

Things Obama has done for Blacks:
CRACK VS. POWDER COCAINE. In 2010, the President signed the Fair Sentencing Act, which narrowed the huge disparity between sentences for possession of crack cocaine vs. powder cocaine. Under the old law, possession of five grams of crack resulted in the same mandatory five-year sentence as five hundred grams of powder cocaine. Obama reduced the 100 to 1 ratio to 18 to 1. Crack users are disproportionately African-American, and the war on drugs has been a war on the poor and people of color, destroying black families and communities. As a result of America’s drug laws, the U.S. has the world’s largest prison population, and a majority of prisoners are blacks and Latinos.

HBCUS and STUDENT LOAN AID. In 2010, the president signed an executive order for the president’s Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The order provides $98 million in extra funding for HBCUs for 10 years. The order—which also provided for $20.5 million more to the HBCU Capital Financing program and $64.5 million for the Strengthening Historically Black Graduate Institution program—makes nearly $400 million more available in Pell Grants to students at all colleges. Obama appointed Hampton University President William Harvey as chairman of the President’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. In addition, President Obama made a sweeping overhaul of the federal student loan program by eliminating fees to private banks. Much of the $68 billion savings will go to student aid, and the law invests $2 billion in community colleges.

MINORITY ACCESS TO CAPITAL. As a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the Obama stimulus package, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has expanded its outreach to minority owned businesses. Twenty percent of the billions of dollars in SBA loans provided by the stimulus have gone to minority-owned companies.

DIVERSITY. The Obama administration is the most diverse White House in U.S. history. Eric Holder is the first black Attorney General. The UN Ambassador, Susan E. Rice, is also an African American, as is EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, NASA chief Charles F. Bolden, Jr., and Surgeon General Regina M. Benjamin. Diversity is extending to the federal bench as well, with blacks as 25 percent of the President’s judicial nominees, and minorities as nearly half. For example, Irene Cornelia Berger was confirmed as the first black federal judge in West Virginia. Tanya Pratt became the first African-American appointee to a federal judgeship in Indiana, and Michelle Childs became the second black federal judge in South Carolina. President Obama recently nominated Judge Bernice Bouie Donald, a federal district judge in Tennessee, to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Last year, the President nominated Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina and third justice of color to sit on the Supreme Court. Elections do matter.

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY. Obama funded the design of the Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History, which is scheduled to open in 2015 on the National Mall in Washington. The museum will occupy a five-acre site near the National Museum of American History and the Washington Monument. The Smithsonian is reviewing design proposals from six architectural teams.

BLACK FARMERS' SETTLEMENT. On December 8, President Obama signed legislation that provided $1.15 billion to black farmers who sued the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in the 1997 case, Pigford v. Glickman. In the suit, which settled out of court 11 years ago, the farmers claimed the government discriminated against them by denying or cheating them out of federal aid. More than 75,000 farmers will receive up to $50,000 each. Some have suggested that it made a difference to have a black man in the White House. In any case, the symbolism is clear, as is the message that the government wants to correct a grievous injustice. “This is a settlement that addressed a historical wrong, I mean something that this country is not about and should not be about,” said U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

MzRhonda

I definitely wasn't looking for Obama to save me... I didn't need saving. However many have placed their Black hopes in him and he has proven that he is not a 'Black' loving president.

You shared about health benefits up thread. Effective July 1, 2012 every insurance provider in Maryland has dropped their coverage by 10% and in addition have increased co-pays by as much as an additonal $25. This is with Obama in office.

In March 2010, President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

(PPACA) into federal law. The federal regulations identified by the enactment of the PPACA has various impacts on employee benefit plan designs, costs, and eligibility. The initial changes occurred for the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program participants on July 1, 2011.

People with cancer are no longer covered at 100%, yet these are the very ones unable to work and obtain sustainable income to cover medical treatments, let alone cost of living expenses.

We are now allowed only one GYN, Base Mamogram, Annual Physical at 100%; the insurances will only cover 90% PLUS the increased co-payments for any subsequent doctor visits.

ER Visits are $150 ($75 for the hospital / $75 for the attending physician) plus any additional charges including some labs where all labs were covered at 100 %. Hospital stays are no longer covered at 100%.

I've been insured for years (PPO Plans - ability to select any doctor outside of the network) and have never had to pay anything over a co-payment. These increases also apply to in-network physicians as well.

God truly provides, but what about those who don't have the faith that I've been blessed with? Their suffering is more.

Trust me, I'm not defending Republicans, I can't stand any of these politicians, however Obama hasn't done any better for anyone financially, that I can attest to. Especially coming July 1 which is only weeks away.

Please believe me, that I'm not contending with you. I have the highest of regard for you. I don't fault you for supporting Obama. That's your choice and so be it.

From what I've seen of him, he's no better than the ones before him in office. :nono:

but do you understand all the extra stuff that many of these bills are padded with, the repubs agenda was to block Obama at every turn so they either voted no or padded bills with junk so when bills were finally passed the blame would fall squarely on Obama's shoulders....which it appears the Repubs did their job.....never ever has what happened with the debt ceiling fiasco happened until we got a black President.

dicapr

Last year my cousin was called back to have a second mamogram, because the first one had 'questions'. She's now paying the lab over $400 to cover the expenses of the 2nd scan which was NOT her fault. The insurance provider would not cover it. :nono: (Obama in office)

Shimmie, you must have great insurance already. For many that is a vast improvement for what they already have. Very few people have 100% coverage for cancer, my ED visits are a $300 co-pay, and I don't know anyone who has their hospital covered 100%. Wherever you work they are really taking care of you. You should let them know how much you appreciate the healthcare benefit you are recieving.

Secondly, the Health Care Law is not fully in effect yet. Most of the provisions do not go into effect until next year-so you are complaining about a law that has not been put into action yet. Also, you are quoting State healthcare coverage. Currently that has nothing to do with Obama. His plan is not in effect except for two provisions (coverage for college age students and the high risk pools). The complaints you have about health coverage are strictly a state issue and should be taken up with your representative.

Again, you are expecting him to do something that he does not have the power to do. I don't care whether you like Obama or not. I just want your reasons for dissatisfaction to be based on his lack of performance rather than the expectation that he do the impossible.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie you my girl and all :grin: so don't stone me...but you say all of this to say because Obama is BLACK and the President he was supposed to single handedly fix all of the ills of the black people and community?

I won't say he could care less about us but we first must care enough about ourselves to have others care about us and we need to begin to affect our own change if a change is going to come.

The gays came with a specific agenda - same sex marriage and we need to come with a specific agenda as well.

gays did not ask Obama his opinion yesterday the media has been stirring all of this up, why? to get black folks right where they are now...all up in arms and against Obama. :nono:

No stones... not at all. This is only an issue and at the end of the day, I'll look out for you before allowing an issue like this come between us.

Plus, I still need you when Jaleel and Gladys return week after next for the show finale. Those are the only true votes that count.

The way I see it , Obama isn't worth it. I'll drop the issue before flaring up and discrediting you. It's foolish to disconnect over someone with whom I have no connections with. We (you and me) share hair, family members we love, prayers, Jaleel and Gladys. And I'm serious. So no stones.

I'll say this. But I already said it... :lol:

Rhonda, as Blacks we did have a agenda presented to him. The Ministers went to him who not only prayed with him but shared with him their hearts and the cries of their communities. Obama wasn't ignorant of the Black elimininations yet he chose the group with the MONEY. gays have MONEY and lots of it. As Blacks we did not and could not finance his plans. Reality.

So I'm back to Jaleel and Gladys with you and always, always, always here to pray and support you no matter what. :kiss:

I learned a long time ago, I will never fight with any of my 'sisters' over a man... this includes Obama. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, you must have great insurance already. For many that is a vast improvement for what they already have. Very few people have 100% coverage for cancer, my ED visits are a $300 co-pay, and I don't know anyone who has their hospital covered 100%. Wherever you work they are really taking care of you. You should let them know how much you appreciate the healthcare benefit you are recieving.

Secondly, the Health Care Law is not fully in effect yet. Most of the provisions do not go into effect until next year-so you are complaining about a law that has not been put into action yet. Also, you are quoting State healthcare coverage. Currently that has nothing to do with Obama. His plan is not in effect except for two provisions (coverage for college age students and the high risk pools). The complaints you have about health coverage are strictly a state issue and should be taken up with your representative.

Again, you are expecting him to do something that he does not have the power to do. I don't care whether you like Obama or not. I just want your reasons for dissatisfaction to be based on his lack of performance rather than the expectation that he do the impossible.

Hey di... if that's your man... stand by him. :yep:

No stones, and most definitely no contention with you coming from me. :flowers:

MzRhonda

No stones... not at all. This is only an issue and at the end of the day, I'll look out for you before allowing an issue like this come between us.

Plus, I still need you when Jaleel and Gladys return week after next for the show finale. Those are the only true votes that count.

The way I see it , Obama isn't worth it. I'll drop the issue before flaring up and discrediting you. It's foolish to disconnect over someone with whom I have no connections with. We (you and me) share hair, family members we love, prayers, Jaleel and Gladys. And I'm serious. So no stones.

I'll say this. But I already said it... :lol:

Rhonda, as Blacks we did have a agenda presented to him. The Ministers went to him who not only prayed with him but shared with him their hearts and the cries of their communities. Obama wasn't ignorant of the Black elimininations yet he chose the group with the MONEY. gays have MONEY and lots of it. As Blacks we did not and could not finance his plans. Reality.

So I'm back to Jaleel and Gladys with you and always, always, always here to pray and support you no matter what. :kiss:

I learned a long time ago, I will never fight with any of my 'sisters' over a man... this includes Obama. :lol:

Yes Jaleel and Gladys it's unbelievable Melissa lasted this long. Now I hope Donald wins I love his wife and kids. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes Jaleel and Gladys it's unbelievable Melissa lasted this long. Now I hope Donald wins I love his wife and kids. :)

I know and he's in the semi-finals. Maria (not Merena which is what I called her from day one ... :lol:) bet' not win. :fistshake: I see Donald in the finals. :up:

I wish Jaleel was there for the Jerry Rice and Kenny Mann Dance Round up. I would have loved to hear what they had to say about him. They are too funny. I love Jerry Rice. He's another 'Black' family man, like Donald. :yep:

Oh well... we'll see... Have a wonderful Friday. :flowers:

nathansgirl1908

How do you suppose that will happen when Blacks spend so much time fighting for and celebrating the rights of others instead of fighting for and celebrating the rights of their own community?

MzRhonda

I know and he's in the semi-finals. Maria (not Merena which is what I called her from day one ... :lol:) bet' not win. :fistshake: I see Donald in the finals. :up:

I wish Jaleel was there for the Jerry Rice and Kenny Mann Dance Round up. I would have loved to hear what they had to say about him. They are too funny. I love Jerry Rice. He's another 'Black' family man, like Donald. :yep:

Oh well... we'll see... Have a wonderful Friday. :flowers:

Jerry Rice with those bunny ears on was too funny! :lachen:

MzRhonda

How do you suppose that will happen when Blacks spend so much time fighting for and celebrating the rights of others instead of fighting for and celebrating the rights of their own community?

Then we should not expect it to be done for us by someone else.

We have been so brainwashed to fight amongst ourselves it will forever keep us down.

dicapr

Hey di... if that's your man... stand by him. :yep:

No stones, and most definitely no contention with you coming from me. :flowers:

No problem. I just always tell everyone be informed. If you want change you need to know where to look. Many things we look for the federal government to do is the jurisdiction of the state government. I agree that things need to change but community problems are not the juristiction of the federal government and certainly not the President. They start at the local and county level and then the state. Waiting for any President to deal with the crime levels in the inner city is a waste of time. It is not his or her jurisdiction. You need to be involved with county and city elections. Blacks need to turn out for local city elections and state elections if they want to see change in our communities. The federal government is not the source for the type of change the black community wants to see.

Shimmie

Staff member
No problem. I just always tell everyone be informed. If you want change you need to know where to look. Many things we look for the federal government to do is the jurisdiction of the state government. I agree that things need to change but community problems are not the juristiction of the federal government and certainly not the President. They start at the local and county level and then the state. Waiting for any President to deal with the crime levels in the inner city is a waste of time.

It is not his or her jurisdiction. You need to be involved with county and city elections. Blacks need to turn out for local city elections and state elections if they want to see change in our communities. The federal government is not the source for the type of change the black community wants to see.

Isn't that a cop-out? Not speaking sarcastically... just those very words ring loud and clear... 'cop out'.

Our family is very much involved with the community, our county representatives, the elections, etc. I live in an area that I want to remain in the 'protected' level that it is.

C'mon you see me on this forum. I'm worse with reps/delegates in person and by written correspondence. They know me... well. I fear no one when I'm fighting for a cause. You can't be mute or afraid or nothing changes. I don't play kiss up with any of them.

I have to agree that it is very tiring when I feel no one else is speaking up when all they have to do is exactly what I'm doing to make a change. Sometimes I want to walk away... but I'm a fighter.

dicapr

I don't think it is a cop out. Just like the CEO of a company does not deal with the day to day issues but those responsibilites are delegated lower a President is not supposed to be worried about what is happening in the hood. Besides, the best he could do is introduce legislation to give more money to the states.

auparavant

This man changes his spots and stripes to what benefits him and no one else. He says just enough to get 'Christians' to believe him; there's very little he has to say to get most Blacks to support him, for it's the color of his skin that drew us to him in the first place. And out of all of the people who love him 'most', we're the ones for whom he has done the least for. The very least.

It was his words and charism that attracted most folks to him. As for changing stripes, I always reply that "he's President of... the United States..." so he's not going to dismantle the system. He's still a U.S. president. What do people expect? He works for it, not against the very same system he's a part of.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
@nicola.kirwan

This was key to me :yep:
I think that the party is also immoral for using morals to get votes... but anywho...

u said u watch this stuff all day, could you school us on what you've noticed as far as negative impacts on culture due to litigation on gay marriage, abortion and other hot button issues?

I feel like I'm the only person thats watching politics and food... thats where most of my political reading goes, so I would really like to hear from you about

My focus at work is mostly on economic issues. But I do have to read the news/legislation all day, and regarding gay marriage one of the biggest issues I see is what will happen with the public education system and how children are made to accept or be taught that such and such is the case. I think it will become a freedom of speech issue as well as a religious freedom issue, as there are numerous cases where churches have been sued because they would not allow same sex couples to use their facilities or would not place a child with a homosexual couple. The constant line has been that this doesn't impact how religious people exercise their faith, but of course it has already:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resource.php?n=514

There's a football coach in Nebraska that has been attacked by the LGBT community because of comments he's made about homosexuality being a sin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-football-coach-anti-gay-views_n_1455712.html

The coach is not discriminating against players, but the LGBT community is turning his free expression (that is not derogatory in any way) into something that is itself discrimination. He explains clearly that he does not treat gay players differently, but that's not enough:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...tball-coach-tolerate-lifestyle_n_1496380.html

The Family Research Council also lists some consequences here:

http://www.frc.org/issuebrief/the-top-ten-harms-of-same-sex-marriage

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
As Christians we should be more concerned about the welfare of others than ourselves... that was the premise for my comment.

I understand and agree 1000% with your reply; as Children of God we are taken care of by our Father, in spite of the economy ... no doubt and Amein~!
{I have testimonies to prove it as well} But, sorry you missed my point. :yep:

Behave.... :lol: Now you done got me started and in the wrong thread at that... Oh well... here I begin... :look:

I have to be honest. I've never suffered financially under any of the presidents.

Why?

Because God is my source and my Provider. He has always gone around any legalistic rule and has provided for me and my family. My son has his own business and never missed a dime, since he's been on his own... long before Obama. My daughter who is a Stay at home Mom with a husband and 4 children (my babies) ... My God, everything she touches turns to gold on one solid pay check.

We have a Godly principle and it never fails us. God is our Provider... we have chosen to live righteously and God honours that. It doesn't matter what the government says/does God provides.

How many of us, as Christians here, STILL made it in spite of the economy? Are we still here and making it.

My family and I live by this principle "As for me and my House'.

I choose to honour God and He will Never Fail anyone who does. Never.

One thing has surely come to the surface. Obama is self-serving and he has used this gay issue for his self/ not anyone else.

He'll do this very same thing with other issues that come up. Issues and decisions to benefit himself and not others.

It's fearful to depend upon 'man' to fulfill God's plan for one's life. We'll get fooled and disappointed every single time.

I will not insult the love and the grace of God nor my faith by voting for a man who has literally pooped in God's face, let alone the order of the human race. It's all about the poop... that's what Obama wants, he's gonna get it.

gays are not going to let him slide by with just this. They are going to turn completely against him. He's still 'Black' and there's still lack in what he needs to succeed. The very thing he will say to himself, "What a dumb decision I made, drinking the wrong koolaide. gays are going to 'bury him'. He's still hated and Black and that's going to be his biggest attack. gays will not save him...they still have oughts against him and it won't be pretty.

auparavant

My focus at work is mostly on economic issues. But I do have to read the news/legislation all day, and regarding gay marriage one of the biggest issues I see is what will happen with the public education system and how children are made to accept or be taught that such and such is the case. I think it will become a freedom of speech issue as well as a religious freedom issue, as there are numerous cases where churches have been sued because they would not allow same sex couples to use their facilities or would not place a child with a homosexual couple. The constant line has been that this doesn't impact how religious people exercise their faith, but of course it has already:

There's a football coach in Nebraska that has been attacked by the LGBT community because of comments he's made about homosexuality being a sin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-football-coach-anti-gay-views_n_1455712.html

The coach is not discriminating against players, but the LGBT community is turning his free expression (that is not derogatory in any way) into something that is itself discrimination. He explains clearly that he does not treat gay players differently, but that's not enough:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...tball-coach-tolerate-lifestyle_n_1496380.html

I don't condone him talking about homosexuality/sin while coaching but I know this is going to eventually go straight to the pulpit and the banning of the bible.

Shimmie

Staff member
As Christians we should be more concerned about the welfare of others than ourselves... that was the premise for my comment.

I understand and agree 1000% with your reply; as Children of God we are taken care of by our Father, in spite of the economy ... no doubt and Amein~!
{I have testimonies to prove it as well} But, sorry you missed my point. :yep:

Your point is well taken... :yep: Very well. :up:

I'm improving ..... somewhat :look:

Well trying to anyway. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

Thanks for sharing this Nicola. I've been trying to 'say' what you've shared above in numerous threads/posts about the negative consequences of gay marriage and how our children are being 'targeted' in schools to accept this lifestyle as the norm. Folks get all mad and stuff. :look: I knew that someone else up in here would speak up sooner or later with facts to support it. You did just that. :yep:

See... Obama is only thinking of himself. He's partying with George Clooney and 'em' who have promised to back him up with millions. He could care less about the negative back lash and impact of what he's just proclaimed. He can't back out now, cause the gay bunch will kill him and with a hangman's noose. Seriously.

He really messed up with this one. I mean he really messed up. He's not going to win this election. :nono: He blew it...and no one's to blame but him. :nono:

MzRhonda

Thanks for sharing this Nicola. I've been trying to 'say' what you've shared above in numerous threads/posts about the negative consequences of gay marriage and how our children are being 'targeted' in schools to accept this lifestyle as the norm. Folks get all mad and stuff. :look: I knew that someone else up in here would speak up sooner or later with facts to support it. You did just that. :yep:

See... Obama is only thinking of himself. He's partying with George Clooney and 'em' who have promised to back him up with millions. He could care less about the negative back lash and impact of what he's just proclaimed. He can't back out now, cause the gay bunch will kill him and with a hangman's noose. Seriously.

He really messed up with this one. I mean he really messed up. He's not going to win this election. :nono: He blew it...and no one's to blame but him. :nono:

See I don't get why people think because of this 1 issue he has messed up :ohwell: and won't get re-elected. That fundraising dinner raised almost $15mil
for his re-election campaign - the biggest in presidential history. He does not have the super pacs funding his campaign like Romney does. It's going to take alot of money to compete with Romney on the ads and commercials war.

I'm sorry I want this man to win because the alternative is not a person I want to spend the next 4 years having as my President......to be honest black folks are not going to be the ones to push him over the hump for re-election. He needs to broaden his base...because those blacks that voted for him last time that are now saying he has not done anything for "them" won't be voting this time, those who will be turned away because of this voter ID push and some of those whites who voted for him the first time who won't now he needs to increase his base of potential voters. I'm sorry I would never put all my marbles in the bag counting on black folks.

Shimmie

Staff member
See I don't get why people think because of this 1 issue he has messed up :ohwell: and won't get re-elected. That fundraising dinner raised almost $15mil
for his re-election campaign - the biggest in presidential history. He does not have the super pacs funding his campaign like Romney does. It's going to take alot of money to compete with Romney on the ads and commercials war.

I'm sorry I want this man to win because the alternative is not a person I want to spend the next 4 years having as my President......to be honest black folks are not going to be the ones to push him over the hump for re-election. He needs to broaden his base...because those blacks that voted for him last time that are now saying he has not done anything for "them" won't be voting this time, those who will be turned away because of this voter ID push and some of those whites who voted for him the first time who won't now he needs to increase his base of potential voters. I'm sorry I would never put all my marbles in the bag counting on black folks.

Rhonda, please don't think I'm not listening. I am. I feel bad as well because I do not like Mitt Romney... I never did.

But the truth remains is that Obama chose the gays cause of the money. He made his mistake by playing with Church Folks. He played the political game. He figured, their prayers and the righteousness of God isn't enough, so I'll compromise with the devil ... literally he sold out.

It doesn't matter about Church and State / Separate, God is still ruler and when you 'play' with Him and then go off and make a devil's alliance... it's over. God says, 'Okay... have it your way.' You don't trust me, then go ahead see how far you'll get with satan.

Obama went too far. You don't play games with God. Yeah... I know other politicians do it, however Obama made it a priority to claim Christianity as his backbone.... Folks .. Serious Christians and Prayers / Intercessors prayed for him night and day. Hear this... no other president has had such a strong following of Believers to back them.

He violated a strong principle... 'Be not deceived... God is not mocked'... ' (Galatians 6:7)

He should have just left God out of his campaign knowing he wasn't sincere about it. He played 'Christianity' for his own purpose, knowing he wasn't sincere about it.

He even 'pimped' his daughters in his explanation of how his decision to support gay marriage came about. He pimped his daughters, using them to gain 'compassion' from those listening. According to him, his daughters were asking why were gays treated so differently... :nono::nono::nono:

Folks may not agree but you know... why not just man up and tell the truth. He made his decision to gain more funding... Period! Stop lying! Just tell the truth.

Rhonda, this is why I am so very disappointed in him. His lies... like the rest of them. I knew he wasn't perfect, no one is. But he played the games that politicians play and he played those of us who respected him and saw him as intelligent and trustworthy. He lied. He kept everyone hanging on the gay marriage issue with his 'leaning' or 'evolving' responses to the question when asked. :nono:

Biden... blew his cover. There's scripture in Mark 4:22 "For there is nothing hid which shall not be manifested, neither anything kept secret but that it should come abroad."

Biden blew his cover... straight up blew Obama's cover. And you know what? This is only the beginning. His campaign is shot to blazes. The gay issue is going down. It's falling upon it's face the same manner as Dagon, the idol in the book of Daniel. The Word of God is nothing to play with.

Watch the news... it's all coming to fruition, God is tired of being played.

I'm sharing this all in peace. I'm not trying to offend anyone nor am I being contentious. It's just something to be made aware of. Watch the news. God is uprooting all of it.