My big regret about the "Is anyone NOT voting for Obama" thread

FrazzledFraggle

You know...now that I've had a few days to think about it. I really feel like I've got this all wrong. I've been really frustrated with the entire political process and I do not agree with many if any of Obama's platforms but people somehow conclude that if I'm not happy with Obama, I must be for Romney...It is like this "if you are not with me, you are against me" thing.

I did not articulate very well what I believe to start about this election but the more I think about it and pray about it, the more I feel like I'm missing the big picture. With all this hooplah about who to vote for and the incessant dogmatic views expressed on this board, I had forgotten that no politician, no political party, no political anything can save this country from the greed, self-entitlement, narcissism, and anti-God views that have infiltrated the United States.

I individually and personally believe that salvation for all mankind has been manifested through Jesus Christ. I'm admitting to making a mistake for getting caught up in these political debates. They are pointless. I should pray more and debate less.

God knew that our world needed saving long before any national government was ever founded, before there was one democrat, one republican, one libertarian, one independent. Redemption cannot be accomplished through the power of any man or any group of men, our economic strength, our military might, or our politics. Peace of mind, contentment, hope and joy—and the salvation of mankind—is accomplished only through God's work of faith, love, and grace. That is all that really matters. The division and arguments that come from these political debates are truly a work of evil.

Matthew 12:25. "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."

I know that no matter who is in office, I will be okay because I trust God to be my rock. I will not fret over benefits, my savings account, whether Roe v. Wade will be overturned, etc.

Until our nation as a whole acknowledges the wrong path we have taken, we will continue to see increasing problems in this country.

2 Chronicles 7:14
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

For Christians, remember:

Do Not Worry

Matthew 6

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

No matter who is in office, neither Obama nor Romney (the shifting shadows) are putting food on the table or paying our bills so we need not stress ourselves out with economic worries.

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

I didn't read the other thread so maybe you've already addressed this. Do you vote at all since you feel that its pointless?

auparavant

I haven't read that thread either but don't feel badly because you expressed an opinion. And I don't think that people discussing issues is the work of evil - not at all. People are diffferent. But you're right about people supposing that if you are anti-Romney, you are pro-Obama and vice-versa. My take has always been that no leader is perfect and no policy is heavenly. They say to protect life...yet, I just sent in an article demonstrating how Romney switched up and gained millions from a business linked to abortions. I'm frankly tired of people making this election like we are electing the Pope. It ain't the same and there is much talking from both sides of the mouth. I just don't look for my president to lead my Church and because of that, my choices are to choose the lesser of the several evils lol! I'm an independent.

You should not regret your post. My Christian faith will not allow me to vote for Obama or Romney. As far as I am concerned both individuals views discard the nation's founding principle of respect for the authority of the Creator God.

My Christian conscience can never be satisfied with a result that accepts as righteous those who appear to do good, but turn their backs on the principle of all goodness, which is the will and spirit of God.

These leaders quietly contradict themselves, however, by arguments that take the view that Christians have no choice but to support the lesser of two evils.

I cannot support the lesser of the two evils. The Bible sets the standard always!

LucieLoo12

Don't feel bad.
People are putting so much trust in these men and not looking toward God. It dont matter who win, if we as a nation dont turn from our wicked ways things are only going to worse. the bible says the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell. If people would read their bibles they will see we are in the last days and things are going to ony get worse. No candidate can change that. Scripture must be fulfilled. So instead of us spending so time trying to change things, we need to prepare for what's ahead. People fail to realize that GOD is in CONTROL. It don't matter how smart, charming, wise the man they elect is, God is the one who holds all power. Instead of seeking the face of man, we should seek the face of God.

cutiebe2

I only read the end of the thread were things were all over the place.

I can only say that Obama himself said You Cannot Change Washington!!!! Change will need to come from pressure from the outside and from the people i.e us. I vote on the issues that are important and pertinent for my life. Because of Obama I still have great healthcare (from Mom) and he has a good plan for the student loan debt which is why I will vote for him. After that I don't see him as perfect, any Presidential candidate will still have one foot in the "system".

I understand where you are coming from though, for sure.

Nice & Wavy

You should not regret your post. My Christian faith will not allow me to vote for Obama or Romney. As far as I am concerned both individuals views discard the nation's founding principle of respect for the authority of the Creator God.

My Christian conscience can never be satisfied with a result that accepts as righteous those who appear to do good, but turn their backs on the principle of all goodness, which is the will and spirit of God.

These leaders quietly contradict themselves, however, by arguments that take the view that Christians have no choice but to support the lesser of two evils.

I cannot support the lesser of the two evils. The Bible sets the standard always!
The best post I've read yet!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Don't feel bad.

People are putting so much trust in these men and not looking toward God.

It dont matter who win, if we as a nation dont turn from our wicked ways things are only going to worse. the bible says the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell.

If people would read their bibles they will see we are in the last days and things are going to ony get worse.

No candidate can change that. Scripture must be fulfilled.

So instead of us spending so time trying to change things, we need to prepare for what's ahead.

People fail to realize that GOD is in CONTROL.

It don't matter how smart, charming, wise the man they elect is, God is the one who holds all power.

Instead of seeking the face of man, we should seek the face of God

LucieLoo12 ...

Alicia... THANK YOU so much for this post. I'm gonna thank you over and over again. Most of all... I thank God for you.

And if that isn't enough:

THANK YOU !​

Shimmie

Staff member

Your entire post...

:thankyou:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks. They are delicious with milk...I made some cause I'm bored today:lol::lol::lol:, but I love to bake.

Nice & Wavy....

Ummmmmm, remember me? I love chocolate chip cookies. :love5:

With my favorite cup of coffee :coffee: (decaf of course) hazelnut.

Okay, I'm waiting for at least a crumb. :lol:

:hug2: I know your entire home smells good. Your Hubby will love it and you... :yep:

naturalgyrl5199

OP don't feel bad. Politics is very passionate. This President has flared up a hornets nest...for good or bad.

People have told me straight up that I'm going to HELL cause I plan to vote Obama.
*shrugs*
Cause they know exactly what God's plans are for me right?

I am at peace because I know the ruler of this Earth is NOT MAN. I worship the one true God and put my trust and faith in him. I do not believe either candidates are inherently evil. I don't put that much faith in that manner to guide my vote because no one is perfect...So I vote for politicians based on their POLITICS. If God was on the ballot I'd be voting for him. Its really that simple for me.