I am confused about Christians and their voting habits

BostonMaria

I'm writing 'Jesus' in.

And with this purpose:

'Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done, on Earth as it is in Heaven', Amen.

So you ladies are not going to vote at all? I have to admit I don't like Romney or Obama, but I can't just not vote for anyone. Its tempting though! LOL You can't complain about Obama if you don't vote. I know Romney is mediocre, but I have to admit that he at least is conservative and is a good business man.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm writing 'Jesus' in.

And with this purpose:

Shimmie - you don't need to... God is already sovereign over this entire world...

...and this scripture, which speaks for itself:

Matthew 4:8-11

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

~~~

Just because Obama or Romney or whoever is going to be president for the next 4 years doesn't mean you have to renounce your Lord and bow down and worship these men. They are only elected officials over a country, not ruler over the entire world like the Lord.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Good idea! I'm serious.... voters write-in all kinds of names all the time. Why not Jesus?

You have no idea how profound this is. My DH and I were talking this elections and I'm leaning on not voting at all (first time I won't exercise that right if I do); but this all started when this nation separated Church and State. Once God is removed from anything, it's all downhill from there. Instead of not voting, I'll just write in JESUS...good idea Shimmie! I'm spreading the word...

I'm writing 'Jesus' in.

And with this purpose:

NaturallySweet73

Good idea! I'm serious.... voters write-in all kinds of names all the time. Why not Jesus?

You have no idea how profound this is. My DH and I were talking this elections and I'm leaning on not voting at all (first time I won't exercise that right if I do); but this all started when this nation separated Church and State. Once God is removed from anything, it's all downhill from there. Instead of not voting, I'll just write in JESUS...good idea Shimmie! I'm spreading the word...

Awsome Idea :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

I'm definitely going to the polls. We still have other issues to vote for/against. We're still working on the referendum for Protecting Marriage in Maryland. I love how the Churches are coming together to let their voices be heard.

For my write in I'm thinking about : Matthew SixTen

"Thy Kingdom Come; thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven (Matthew 6:10)

I would have voted for Rick Perry :yep: Easy!

But I'm definitely not staying home from the polls. There'll still some judges that need Jesus and are making too many devil decisions. They gots to go! So at the polls and voting I'll definitely be. :cowgirl:

---------------------------
Correction made :blush:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Awsome Idea :yep:

Wouldn't be a hoot if "Jesus" won the election with the most votes, including the electorials.... :rofl: I would be elated. :yep:

MzRhonda

I'm definitely going to the polls. We still have other issues to vote for/against. We're still working on the referendum for Protecting Marriage in Maryland. I love how the Churches are coming together to let their voices be heard.

For my write in I'm thinking about : Matthew SixTen

"Thy Kingdom Come; thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven (Matthew 6:10)

I would have voted for Rick Santorum :yep: Easy!

But I'm definitely not staying home from the polls. There'll still some judges that need Jesus and are making too many devil decisions. They gots to go! So at the polls and voting I'll definitely be. :cowgirl:

Rick Santorum really? even after his "blah" people comment and other issues surrounding him? He does not want to make black peoples lives better :nono:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/rick-santorum-entitlements-black-people_n_1181212.html

Poohbear

Rick Santorum really? even after his "blah" people comment and other issues surrounding him? He does not want to make black peoples lives better :nono:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/rick-santorum-entitlements-black-people_n_1181212.html

I'm not taking up for Santorum or anything, I know nothing about him, but in that article you posted, he actually said, "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

So he didn't flat out say, "I don't want to make black people's lives better" PERIOD. He said he doesn't want to make their lives better from giving them other people's money which I assume is our tax dollars and welfare/government assistance.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm not taking up for Santorum or anything, I know nothing about him, but in that article you posted, he actually said, "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

So he didn't flat out say, "I don't want to make black people's lives better" PERIOD. He said he doesn't want to make their lives better from giving them other people's money which I assume is our tax dollars and welfare/government assistance.

Either way, he's something. I don't know why I brought his name up because I never followed him. I followed the Texas Rick (the Perry guy). As much as I appreciate his strong stand on faith, he kinda went overboard with it in every speech he made. :yep:

MzRhonda

I know the rest of what he said but does it matter what else he said??? He did not say he did not want to make people receiving entitlements lives better by giving them other peoples money.....etc....etc....etc...he said BLACK people, that to me says alot about how he feels about ME!!!!!!!

He said this in response to medicaid in that state.

As a matter of fact "other Peoples" money is code for white people and "Blah/their" lives better is code for black people.

When talking about "entitlements" white republicans see a picture of a black person as the definition - he was talking about those things to that audience there was no need to single out a race when other races also benefit from those "entitlements" as well.......white republicans think black folks are lazy so they should be off of welfare and working and not accepting handouts but their white folks on welfare are just on hard times and it's ok..... :nono:

actually in Iowa, where he was speaking, the numbers are:

Food Stamps --- 84% Whites 9% Black
Medicaid ----- 74% Whites 8% Black

MzRhonda

Shimmie, Rick Perry is no better :lachen: his family had a ranch called N***head and the rock with the name on it was painted over alledgely in 1983 others are saying later than that. Also once Obama became President he was talking about Texas seceding also he rejected $550 million in federal economic stimulus money slated to help Texas' unemployment trust fund.

Why would you hurt the people of your state like that????

MzRhonda

I actually really liked Jon Huntsman ....IF he were to run again and there is no Democrat I could get behind I would vote for him......I would have to do more research on him and his policies and beliefs though.

I like:

Education reform - Huntsman’s vision for the federal government’s role in education is to end our “one size fits all approach” and create a new focus on individual students.

Financial Regulatory Reform - financial reform will mean breaking the Faustian bargain between Wall Street and Washington that helped fuel the housing bubble, drove a series of bailouts, and prevented meaningful reform in the aftermath of the financial crisis.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie

What was it about Rick Perry that you liked? Do you know his stance on all the political issues?

Aside from the 'obvious' (his social values); he's working in progressing the use of renewable energy which is the field that I work in (environmental). There is a lot of legislation for / against it and 'we' (our organization and others like us) work hard to assure legislators as well as residents about the need preserve our environment with renewable energy resources.

There are facilities world wide which convert 'waste-to-energy'. They've found ways to pull the gas that emits from landfills and to convert it to renewable energy as well. Anytime we have a person in office to support these methods, it is a huge plus for the environment, the communities, residents, companies and it creates jobs with good income for each level of employment. Instead of trash going to waste, it's converted to energy.

Shimmie

Staff member
I actually really liked Jon Huntsman ....IF he were to run again and there is no Democrat I could get behind I would vote for him......I would have to do more research on him and his policies and beliefs though.

I like:

Education reform - Huntsman’s vision for the federal government’s role in education is to end our “one size fits all approach” and create a new focus on individual students.

Financial Regulatory Reform - financial reform will mean breaking the Faustian bargain between Wall Street and Washington that helped fuel the housing bubble, drove a series of bailouts, and prevented meaningful reform in the aftermath of the financial crisis.

Rhonda, isn't he the one who 'lashed' out against his fellow Republicans? He called them communists or something to that effect?

I liked him though... :yep:

Poohbear

I know the rest of what he said but does it matter what else he said??? He did not say he did not want to make people receiving entitlements lives better by giving them other peoples money.....etc....etc....etc...he said BLACK people, that to me says alot about how he feels about ME!!!!!!!

He said this in response to medicaid in that state.

As a matter of fact "other Peoples" money is code for white people and "Blah/their" lives better is code for black people.

When talking about "entitlements" white republicans see a picture of a black person as the definition - he was talking about those things to that audience there was no need to single out a race when other races also benefit from those "entitlements" as well.......white republicans think black folks are lazy so they should be off of welfare and working and not accepting handouts but their white folks on welfare are just on hard times and it's ok..... :nono:

actually in Iowa, where he was speaking, the numbers are:

Food Stamps --- 84% Whites 9% Black
Medicaid ----- 74% Whites 8% Black

Oh okay, like I said, I wasn't taking up for him and never followed him or anything...and I don't like Republicans as a whole to begin with. :cool:

Poohbear

When I took that quiz on what candidate best matches my views, Tim Pawlenty was #1 on my list with a 45% match. He's a Republican MN Governor.

I had a 33% match with Obama and Romney...a tie! :lol: However, I was more economically matched with Obama and more socially matched with Romney.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, Rick Perry is no better :lachen: his family had a ranch called N***head and the rock with the name on it was painted over alledgely in 1983 others are saying later than that. Also once Obama became President he was talking about Texas seceding also he rejected $550 million in federal economic stimulus money slated to help Texas' unemployment trust fund.

Why would you hurt the people of your state like that????

But Obama isn't any better. I 'expect' whites to be bigots...I'm serious. It's their ignorance, but at least I know up front what to expect. For the most part I see whites as prejudice until they show me otherwise.

Obama 'hid' his bigotry against his own kind. He squeezed whatever juice (loyalty) from Blacks, all the time knowing that we were not his choice to pledge his alligence to. He's Judas, a kiss on the cheek and then off to obtain the 30 pieces of silver by compromising and selling out to the highest bidder. He's a 'betrayer' and no heart of repentance with it.

I don't expect Whites to pledge their alligence to Blacks. The Word of God says that every seed produces after it's own kind. Whites look after Whites... plain and simple. Obama turned his face in another direction and it wasn't towards his own. No one, stood behind this man and supported him to the level that Blacks did... No one. Even the Blacks in Africa, ones who will never see this side of the earth, yet they pledged their support to this man, knees to the earth in prayer for his life and safety.

It's already fully established that Obama is expected to do more for gays ... they're coming to 'collect' from him the rest of the deal or else... :fistshake:

The Black Boy in the oval office has been told what he will and will not be allowed to do and whom and what he will support.

One of the head leaders of the gay agenda made it plain, that they only had a 'bite' of the apple, now they are going for the full apple. And guess who's helping them? Obama.

I've been handling the Rick Perry's all of my adult life and I'm not poor nor kissing any of their cheeks, neither upper nor lower. They either love me or they don't. Those who love me will go to hell and back to prove it. Those who don't, neither make nor break me and when I want something from them, I more than likely get it. One thing I've noticed about Whites and Blacks is that Whites don't want to get sued, so they will tiptoe around Blacks.

I know how to handle the Rick Perry's, they're Angel Cakes compared to Obama's stale crumbs that he tossed to the Blacks and gave the banquet to gays. :nono:

FYI: No contention, No ill feelings towards your personal dedication to Obama. He is who he is to you. I'm just not 'brand loyal'. The novelty of Obama's Black Man in the White House over for me and countless millions of others. He's on the walls with the other presidents 'Past'.

My votes are precious and one has to earn them. Obama didn't. :nono:

MzRhonda

30 / 30

Sarah Palin was at the top of my list....

I don't even like her. :lol:

Sarah Palin :lachen::lachen:

Obama was on the top of my list with that quiz and next was Ralph Nader, huh? :lachen::lachen:

As far as my having "loyalty" to Obama because he is black...not so....for me I prefer the lessor of 2 evils and he is it.......perhaps you are my age perhaps you are not I just don't want things to go back to the time of my parents growing up and my grandparents and I see the writing on the wall with the current repubs in office and the current repub presidential candidate.....I don't want my kids to grow up in that world. The american dream will no longer be available to them as it was for me and others of color...that dream is slowly slipping away.

My dad grew up with colored only signs while working side by side with white folks and not being able to eat inside of the establishment for lunch with his white boss and co workers...lucky for him his white boss was not having that but not everyone was like that back then.

Shimmie

Staff member
Sarah Palin :lachen::lachen:

Obama was on the top of my list with that quiz and next was Ralph Nader, huh? :lachen::lachen:

As far as my having "loyalty" to Obama because he is black...not so....for me I prefer the lessor of 2 evils and he is it.......perhaps you are my age perhaps you are not I just don't want things to go back to the time of my parents growing up and my grandparents and I see the writing on the wall with the current repubs in office and the current repub presidential candidate.....I don't want my kids to grow up in that world. The american dream will no longer be available to them as it was for me and others of color...that dream is slowly slipping away.

My dad grew up with colored only signs while working side by side with white folks and not being able to eat inside of the establishment for lunch with his white boss and co workers...lucky for him his white boss was not having that but not everyone was like that back then.

I understand your feelings and they matter. I've been around you on this forum long enough to know your heart . You're real and this is where I stand with you. When I'm talking about Obama, it's not a personal afront towards you nor anyone else. It's about him,

However,............. Did you fix my quiz to make Palin the top score? I know you did. :lol:

I'm on the train tryna' conceal my scores :sekret:

You gave me a Palin link... :lol:

Last edited:

MrsIQ

Shimmie said:
But Obama isn't any better. I 'expect' whites to be bigots...I'm serious. It's their ignorance, but at least I know up front what to expect. For the most part I see whites as prejudice until they show me otherwise.

Obama 'hid' his bigotry against his own kind. He squeezed whatever juice (loyalty) from Blacks, all the time knowing that we were not his choice to pledge his alligence to. He's Judas, a kiss on the cheek and then off to obtain the 30 pieces of silver by compromising and selling out to the highest bidder. He's a 'betrayer' and no heart of repentance with it.

I don't expect Whites to pledge their alligence to Blacks. The Word of God says that every seed produces after it's own kind. Whites look after Whites... plain and simple. Obama turned his face in another direction and it wasn't towards his own. No one, stood behind this man and supported him to the level that Blacks did... No one. Even the Blacks in Africa, ones who will never see this side of the earth, yet they pledged their support to this man, knees to the earth in prayer for his life and safety.

It's already fully established that Obama is expected to do more for gays ... they're coming to 'collect' from him the rest of the deal or else... :fistshake:

The Black Boy in the oval office has been told what he will and will not be allowed to do and whom and what he will support.

One of the head leaders of the gay agenda made it plain, that they only had a 'bite' of the apple, now they are going for the full apple. And guess who's helping them? Obama.

I've been handling the Rick Perry's all of my adult life and I'm not poor nor kissing any of their cheeks, neither upper nor lower. They either love me or they don't. Those who love me will go to hell and back to prove it. Those who don't, neither make nor break me and when I want something from them, I more than likely get it. One thing I've noticed about Whites and Blacks is that Whites don't want to get sued, so they will tiptoe around Blacks.

I know how to handle the Rick Perry's, they're Angel Cakes compared to Obama's stale crumbs that he tossed to the Blacks and gave the banquet to gays. :nono:

FYI: No contention, No ill feelings towards your personal dedication to Obama. He is who he is to you. I'm just not 'brand loyal'. The novelty of Obama's Black Man in the White House over for me and countless millions of others. He's on the walls with the other presidents 'Past'.

My votes are precious and one has to earn them. Obama didn't. :nono:

Thanks is not enough. Erry word you said is what is rolling over in my spirit. I know that voting is a privilege that many of our forefathers bled and died for, but I ain't seeing nobody worth cutting my lunch hour short for in November.