Humecto: Free of Mineral Oil

bajanplums1

So, I am 5 mos. post relaxer and made the biggest mistake. I used shampoo. I thought it was a good poo but it stripped my hair, my new growth was a bird's nest. All the coconut oil, olive oil and serum did nothing.

I was low on products too, so I went to the BSS to get the big gun. KERACARE HUMECTO. I have not used it in about a year but I always remembered it controlled the NG like no other for me. THE BSS only had these gold colored bottles of HUMECTO. I bought it and ran home.
I picked up VO5 moisture milks and co-washed
I deep conditioned with HUMECTO. As I read the bottle under the steamer. I noticed they got rid of the mineral oil and replaced it with CASTOR OIL.

Did everyone know about this but me?

Well it worked. My hair is smooth and bouncy once more. Of course I literally POURED Keratin Mist onto my hair in the shower followed by Silk Infusion. I know that contributed to the fab results. But, HUMECTO is back in rotation!

Vintageglam

^^^ If this really is the case this is a big thumbs up and I will be investing. I think Keracare have really been listening really with the no sulphate poo and then this.... :up:

My Friend

^^^ If this really is the case this is a big thumbs up and I will be investing. I think Keracare have really been listening really with the no sulphate poo and then this.... :up:

I think there R&D departments are reading hair boards every minute of the day. They no longer have to pay for studies, etc.

Vintageglam

I think there R&D departments are reading hair boards every minute of the day. They no longer have to pay for studies, etc.

Tell me about it :lol:

Well at least he is listening to what we want as opposed to selling us sub-standard crap at a premium....:look:

He did that interview with Macherieamour on her site so I think its a step in the right direction either way.

Just got to see if I can find the new formula here in the UK or if it's another case of yet again ordering from the US .... *sigh*

Solitude

Yeah, the new sulphate-free poos and the new Humecto are absolutely wonderful. After using these, it's like I don't even have to think about the fact that I'm stretching my relaxer. My hair is so soft and moisturized. I reserve the use of my KeraCare stuff for rollersets, when I need my hair completely tangle-free.

I thought I wasn't anti-sulphate, but I realize that all my poos (Aveda, Shea Moisture, KeraCare, and Miss Jessie's no sud) are all sulphate free and my hair is happier. I know this thread is about Humecto, but using the poo and the conditioner together work great.

Raine054

Yeah, by the end of this year none of their products will have mineral oil, petrolatum, parabens, etc.

SO far, I have used the updated humecto, edge tamer, and moisturizing oil lotion. Very nice!

They've also updated the deep conditioning treatment. From what I can tell, they are not updating the salon sizes so you can still get the original formula in those.

mg1979

That's awesome. I've been emailing my fave hair companies (Keracare, Mizani,etc.) telling them I will no longer be using their products that contain mineral oil or petrolatum. Maybe if everyone does this we can get all the companies to change their formulas!

Britt

That's awesome. I've been emailing my fave hair companies (Keracare, Mizani,etc.) telling them I will no longer be using their products that contain mineral oil or petrolatum. Maybe if everyone does this we can get all the companies to change their formulas!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: girl you are no joke !

I agree, for well over two years I've stopped using conditioners w/ mineral oils and cones in it b/c I've noticed the difference in how my hair feels when I wash it out. The only conditioner I really use w/ 'stuff' in it is Nexus Emergencee.