I'm trying! I really am, but Keracare Humecto is

...not working for me! I tried to use the complete line, and I love the detangling shampoo and the essential oil, but I don't think my hair likes the mineral oil and cones.

The funny thing is on wash day(use Keracare detangling and humecto), my hair comes out fantabulous. But then after 3 days, it gets dry and I start seeing some breakage. If I moisturize, more breakage. I've tried to clarify before with first wash and even another clarifying shampoo. I'm giving it one more weak to see if it's not other products I'm using, but after this my tub will be in the "For Sale" section.

Anyone else have this problem with Humecto?

taraglam2

I understand how you feel. I ordered a gigantic tub of Keracare Humecto right around Thanksgiving / Christmas and have yet to use it. When I got it and opened it up it just reminded me of MOTIONS and I put it in the back of the closet:ohwell:

I do use MOTIONS but only on relaxer day. On relaxer day its everything MOTIONS but after that day my hair does not see MOTIONS products again ---and when I opened that tub of KERACARE I was like---maybe this will be my new relaxer day deep conditioner instead of MOTIONS ?

I have not even decided if I am going to try to slowly move it into my hair regimen. :ohwell:

taraglam2 said:
I understand how you feel. I ordered a gigantic tub of Keracare Humecto right around Thanksgiving / Christmas and have yet to use it. When I got it and opened it up it just reminded me of MOTIONS and I put it in the back of the closet:ohwell:

I do use MOTIONS but only on relaxer day. On relaxer day its everything MOTIONS but after that day my hair does not see MOTIONS products again ---and when I opened that tub of KERACARE I was like---maybe this will be my new relaxer day deep conditioner instead of MOTIONS ?

I have not even decided if I am going to try to slowly move it into my hair regimen. :ohwell:

Well, I tried it on relaxer day this past weekend, and that is one of the reasons I made this thread. After neutralizing, I went to put the humecto in my hair and comb while under the shower. That humecto made my hair so hard to comb! I rinsed it out and used NTM conditioner which worked like a charm. Like I said, I'm going to try one more week. If not, I will go back to just using the shampoo, oil, and NTM conditioner.

ubavka123

Keracare doesn't work for me, either. It makes my hair feel dry, brittle and coated! You gotta stick to the products that work for you. Macherieamour's hair is gorgeous and she swears by this stuff, but my hair is not gorgeous when I use it, so I keep it moving. Sounds like you should pass on it, too, if it still doesn't agree after you've tried it a few times. Don't feel badly. Everyone's hair reacts differently to products! It's a heartbreaker when a hot product on the board doesn't work, but it's best to use the things that do. Sometimes the bandwagon has to keep on rolling without me on it. :)

Zahrah

taraglam2 said:

If you decide to sell it, please remember me

Cioccolata said:
If you decide to sell it, please remember me

I will b using it again Friday. I will let you know by next week Wednesday if I'm going to sell it (that's when it starts getting raggedy). I'm just going to tweak my regimen a little to make sure it's not anything else....If not, I will let you know!

macherieamour

ubavka123 said:
Keracare doesn't work for me, either. It makes my hair feel dry, brittle and coated! You gotta stick to the products that work for you. Macherieamour's hair is gorgeous and she swears by this stuff, but my hair is not gorgeous when I use it, so I keep it moving. Sounds like you should pass on it, too, if it still doesn't agree after you've tried it a few times. Don't feel badly. Everyone's hair reacts differently to products! It's a heartbreaker when a hot product on the board doesn't work, but it's best to use the things that do. Sometimes the bandwagon has to keep on rolling without me on it. :)

I totally agree and couldnt have said it better myself. Finding a good line or good reggy of products is the hardest thing about hair care, imo. Totally sell it on the exchange board and find what works for you:grin:

thiccknlong

ghanaian dime said:
...not working for me! I tried to use the complete line, and I love the detangling shampoo and the essential oil, but I don't think my hair likes the mineral oil and cones.

The funny thing is on wash day(use Keracare detangling and humecto), my hair comes out fantabulous. But then after 3 days, it gets dry and I start seeing some breakage. If I moisturize, more breakage. I've tried to clarify before with first wash and even another clarifying shampoo. I'm giving it one more weak to see if it's not other products I'm using, but after this my tub will be in the "For Sale" section.

Anyone else have this problem with Humecto?

For some, you must moisterize your hair after doing it. My hair will do that very same thing, no matter what line or product I use, if I do NOT put a moisterizer (olive oil, carrot oil, etc) when I roller set or whatever.

Sometimes its not the product, its what you have to do to "work" that hair.

Ok, it's over. We're through. Just not moisturizing enough and makes my hair hard to comb, even under running water. Will be selling the tub in the product sale section.

Evazhair

I feel your pain. I am/have been in the same situation as you. with the affirm/keracare. I desparately wanted to believe that using the total line exclusively would work for me, but not so. The ladies have given you wonderful suggestions, but I will tell you what is working for me.

what I did:

1.Scrap the leave in& oil Moisturizer find a moisturizing detangling leave in that works for you.

2. I have used a 50/50 mix of keracare setting lotion and distilled water, and still experienced dryness. When I started setting my hair with elucence MB conditioner, my hair stays moisturized.

3. I like the silken seal serum, but I feel that after a while it dries my hair out too So I am trying to use it much less. To substitute, I have been using the Elucence protective barrier balm, which is supposed to keep moisture in.

4. Try the Keracare Conditioner for Color treated hair. It works much better for me than the humecto.

5. I no longer shampoo my hair twice I only do it once. this made a big difference to me. my hair gets clean not stripped. I am using jojoba on my scalp as overnight prepoo with massage, to "clean my scalp" some, so I feel like I can shampoo less.

6. I am not using the keracare clarifying shampoo any more. it does not chelate, so it doesnt remove calcium, magnesium ions that build up from my hard water. I started using dilutedIon Hard water shampoo on a need to use basis. My hair is quick to get stripped, dry and hard, if I don't treat it how it wants. Matter of fact, I dilute any shampoo now and spray it on my scalp.

Try supplementing/sealing in moisture with pure jojoba oil. My hair transforms when I use this. :)

HTH

MiWay

Same here. Humecto just isn't doing it for me anymore. The slip is gone, and it doesn't seem very moisturizing.

I feel your pain. I am/have been in the same situation as you. with the affirm/keracare. I desparately wanted to believe that using the total line exclusively would work for me, but not so. The ladies have given you wonderful suggestions, but I will tell you what is working for me.

what I did:

1.Scrap the leave in& oil Moisturizer find a moisturizing detangling leave in that works for you.

2. I have used a 50/50 mix of keracare setting lotion and distilled water, and still experienced dryness. When I started setting my hair with elucence MB conditioner, my hair stays moisturized.

3. I like the silken seal serum, but I feel that after a while it dries my hair out too So I am trying to use it much less. To substitute, I have been using the Elucence protective barrier balm, which is supposed to keep moisture in.

4. Try the Keracare Conditioner for Color treated hair. It works much better for me than the humecto.

5. I no longer shampoo my hair twice I only do it once. this made a big difference to me. my hair gets clean not stripped. I am using jojoba on my scalp as overnight prepoo with massage, to "clean my scalp" some, so I feel like I can shampoo less.

6. I am not using the keracare clarifying shampoo any more. it does not chelate, so it doesnt remove calcium, magnesium ions that build up from my hard water. I started using dilutedIon Hard water shampoo on a need to use basis. My hair is quick to get stripped, dry and hard, if I don't treat it how it wants. Matter of fact, I dilute any shampoo now and spray it on my scalp.

Try supplementing/sealing in moisture with pure jojoba oil. My hair transforms when I use this. :)

HTH

Where do you get pure jojoba oil? Does it sit on top of your hair, or do you feel it actually gets in the strands? I currently use the Keracare essential oils and like it. It has a bit of everything in it...

Evazhair

You can get jojoba oil from Trader Joe's for about and from Whole foods or health stores. It absorbs into my hair and scalp and smooths everything out. I mainly use it for pre poo on my scalp and to seal moisture

Dymondz7

I like the detangling shampoo, but the Humecto conditioner dried my hair out like crazy. Funny thing is i used it for a couple of years before I figured it out. It felt really good while I was conditioning it and maybe the first day, but after that it was ova. I had a friend who used it once and said it made her hair dry. I was like "huh, you krazee this stuff is the bomb!" Little did I know it was doing the same thing to me. There are a few threads started by those who have not had success with Keracare, specifically Humecto. You might do a seach and discover there's more of us out here than you realize....

MonaLisa

ubavka123 said:

Co-signing....I used it for 2 years...I SWORE it was working for me...
but when I ran out of the Humecto in the tub and my detangling poo last August...and turned to other products in addition to using my NTM/White Rain...it's like my hair just started making so much more progress!:eek:

I really wanted it to not be true.....but it was...:ohwell: