Conditioner reccomendations needed!!! :-)

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Hey Everyone!
Anyone know of a good conditioner that is alcohol and mineral oil free? I have been doing conditioner washes with KeraCare Humecto Conditioner for the past 2 weeks now, but it contains Mineral Oil. I'm looking for a new conditioner to try out. I will still continue to use the Humecto Creme Conditioner...just not on a daily basis.

Anyone have any good reccomendations?!?!

TinyT

Re: Conditioner reccomendation needed!!! :)

Try kenra moisturizing. It is on sale at my ulta for 50% off. You can't buy it online, you have to get it from the store.

AngelaP

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:
Try kenra moisturizing. It is on sale at my ulta for 50% off. You can't buy it online, you have to get it from the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they sent me a $3.50 coupon last week.

Erica78

Thanks for the Kenra info. I have never heard of it before.
I'm going to purchase it this weekend.

Erica78

[ QUOTE ]
AngelaP said:
Erica,

What's wrong with the Humecto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Angela
There isn't really anything wrong with the Humecto conditioner. In fact...I love it. The main reason for me wanting to change is that I am trying my best (as hard as it is ) to cut down on products that contain mineral oil. Some people say that Mineral Oil is bad for the hair...and some have never had a problem with it. Since I started doing conditioner washes 3 or more times a week...I would like to use a conditioner without it.
Humecto will still be used in my regimen...just not as frequently.

PrettyBrownEyes

Erica,

If this helps you any, I don't think you really need to worry about the mineral oil in the Humecto. Your rinsing it out. From what I understand mineral oil is in quite a few conditioners and actually can help lock in moisture, you know kind of how if you use baby oil on shower damp skin--it locks in the moisture.

I know for me personally I can use conditioners with mineral oil in them but, I cannot use hair creams or anything that you don't rinse out that has mineral oil in it--my hair hates it in that way!

Hope that helps, I know you will make your own decision though.

Erica78

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
Erica,

If this helps you any, I don't think you really need to worry about the mineral oil in the Humecto. Your rinsing it out. From what I understand mineral oil is in quite a few conditioners and actually can help lock in moisture, you know kind of how if you use baby oil on shower damp skin--it locks in the moisture.

I know for me personally I can use conditioners with mineral oil in them but, I cannot use hair creams or anything that you don't rinse out that has mineral oil in it--my hair hates it in that way!

Hope that helps, I know you will make your own decision though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice.
You know...it's so hard to make a decision about mineral oil because the bad things and the good things that I've heard about it are 50/50. I have cut out alcohol all together...but with mineral oil...it's too hard to cut out. You're right...it seems like most hair care products contain it. I guess it is worse if it is in hair oil since that is left on the hair...and eventually soaks into the scalp.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this recommendation. I got mine for $13 @ Ulta, normally $26 for the big bottle. I already have 2 big bottles that I haven't even started on yet. But at this price I think I'm gonna go pick up 2 more this weekend. Try it, I think you'll fall in love

BrownBetty

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a chain store? I want the large size of the kenra mc it is my new love

deeplyrooted

i would recommend pantene relaxed & natural intensive moisturizing conditioner for conditioner washes. mane 'n tail deep moisturizing conditioner is also a keeper.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Mineral oil doesn't help or hurt the hair. The mineral oil is more so for the product consistency and make up.

NYCITY

I must say I did a conditioner wash last night with Lustrasilk Cond. (I have 2 tubs i'm trying to use up) and I deep conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Cond. and I love it!!! My hair dried really well and is very moisturized. I am definately going to get myself the bigger bottle. Is there an Ulta in NYC . Kenra is my new staple

Aisha

I really like Farouk Biosilk Silk Therapy Conditioner..I used it after an aphogee treatment last week and my hair felt soft and well-condition, no stiffness at all...

Ingredients
Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramidopropyl Betaine , Ascorbic Acid , Tocopheryl Rosewater Rosa Centifolia , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone , Mineral Oil , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Dicetyldimoniumchloride , Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyl Dimonium Ch , Hydrolyzed Silk , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxan , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Acetamide MEA , Linoleic Acids , Linolenic Acids , Arachidonic Acids , Sorbitol , Jojoba Oil Buxus Chinensis , Tocopheryl Acetate , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

Aisha

Avalon's Rosemary Conditioner is pretty good, and is 70% organic, no mineral oils...it isn't very rich but doens't leave my hair feeling stripped...I was going to suggest Farouk's Biosilk Silk Therapy but it has mineral oil in it...

Ingredients for Avalon Rosemary conditioner: Certified organic rosemary and lavender floral water, heral infusion of certified organic calendula, horsetail, sage, rosemary, clover blossom, coltsfoot and yarrow, birch and nettle, yucca, organic sea kelp, cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-20 (from coconut), citric acid, jojoba oil, tocopherol, soy protein, certified organic ginkgo biloba and lemon balm, panthenol, methyl/propylparaben, pure essential oils of rosemary, sage and peppermint.