Keracare Humecto in the Tub...(I like the bottle better)

MizaniMami

I may be the odd ball here but, is it me or I like the Humecto from the BOTTLE better than the tub? The tub is more thicker but it seems kinda greasier and it doesn't penetrate as much or as fast as the Humecto from the bottle. Usually, I apply humecto and IMMEDIATLY it starts to soften and detangle. Now I have to let it sit with heat and a plastic cap to let it detangle.:perplexed

Which sucks because I love Humecto in the bottle, and now I got a whole 5 lb tub I gotta use up.

My theory on this is that the tub has more parabens AND/OR mineral oil to help thicken it and to preserve it longer.

I ain't selling it or nothing:lol: .Just wanted to share.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Hmm, MizaniMami, you have a point there. Even though neither the bottle or tub worked for me, I still wonder why the tub is thicker than the other. Like you said, the one in the tub may be extra concentrated to help it last longer.

OT: I wish that the Humecto contained Ceteyl Alcohol (or any other fatty alcohol); those fatty alcohols allow for more moisturization and help ingredients to penetrate into the hair. In the Humecto, some of the first ingredients were silicones and mineral oil, which just sit on top of my hair.

MizaniMami

TSUprincess04 said:
Hmm, MizaniMami, you have a point there. Even though neither the bottle or tub worked for me, I still wonder why the tub is thicker than the other. Like you said, the one in the tub may be extra concentrated to help it last longer.

OT: I wish that the Humecto contained Ceteyl Alcohol (or any other fatty alcohol); those fatty alcohols allow for more moisturization and help ingredients to penetrate into the hair. In the Humecto, some of the first ingredients were silicones and mineral oil, which just sit on top of my hair.

You made a great point. But Humecto from the bottle actually did penetrate my hair. It just wasn't moisturizing to use alone. I mainly used it for it's detangling properties and I ALWAYS followed with me "percious" Aveda DR.

Maybe it was the extra water from the Humecto in the bottle that actually did the moisturizing.:confused:

Either way it goes the Humecto from the bottle and the tub are great products.