HOW TO TAME MY EDGES

PEACHEY

HELLO LADIES

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO STRETCH, BUT MY NEW GROWTH IS SO THICK ESPECIALLY AROUND MY EDGES. WHAT ARE YOU ALL USING TO SLICK YOUR EDGES DOWN. I HAVE BEEN USING JAM FOR A WHILE, BUT IT ONLY WORKS GOOD WHEN MY PERM IS FRESH. IT DOES ME NO GOOD WHEN I HAVE NEW GROWTH. MY EDGES BE LOOKING A HOT MESS :blush:, ESPECIALLY WHEN I WEAR MY PONY TAILS. MY FRIEND TOLD ME TO USE A HOT COMB, I TOLD HER I WANT THEM TO LAY FLAT, NOT FALL OUT.

ARE THERE CERTAIN BRUSHES, GELS OR TECHNIQUES THAT YOU GUYS ARE USING?

Irresistible

Elasta QP mango butter works for me

and lots of natural oils

ETA: oh there was just a post on Elasta QP Glaze for that, probably works better!

LovelyLionessa

I use Fantasia IC gel with the white lid, it works wonders. I dab it on, brush it in with a toothbrush and then put a doo rag on to set my edges. It's a good idea to follow the gel w/oil or moisturizer otherwise it can dry to a hard hold.

RosesBlack

I will use the Elasta QP Feels Like Silk liquid gel. I left it open to get some of the alcohol to evaporate and use it with a touch of Hollywood Olive Oil cream then tie my hair down with a scarf.

However this only works up until I'm about 8 weeks post then it's all over and my edges do what they wanna do.

kblc06

In addition to Fantasia IC gel, I've found that Softsheen-Carson Kids Edge Tamer works great. Even better than elasta qp glaze or mango better, at least for me :grin:

aja1121

There is some sort of stick they sell at the BSS that looks like deodorant that is suppose to work wonders. I wish I had more info, but I don't. The person that told me didn't even know. I guess you just go and ask for the "edge stick"....I have no clue.

Tarae

My edges lay down best when they're wet.
Otherwise, I use Fantasia gel but it does not last all day :look:

joyandfaith

There is some sort of stick they sell at the BSS that looks like deodorant that is suppose to work wonders. I wish I had more info, but I don't. The person that told me didn't even know. I guess you just go and ask for the "edge stick"....I have no clue.

Thats probably the Tancho Stick...thats what I use

nodisrespect

I comb my edges while wet with a fine tooth ceramic comb and tie on a scarf. They lay beautifully without a product, but hair should be soaking wet.