What are you ladies using to tame your edges?

Quita3514

So I've decided to wig my hair up but I need something to smooth my edges down because my hair is short and it tends to stick up in the front..I need something that NON Greasy and lightweight..So what are u ladies using to tame those edges?
www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com

sikora

I use Unpetroleum Jelly. I get it at Whole Foods.

Just for reference, I'm transitioning and am 6 1/2 months post and it works VERY well. I think the performance actually improves after a few days of consistently reapplying and tying down my edges at night.

JerriBlank

Hick's edges,or the ors version, organic root simulator edge control. They are essentially the same. Ors is cheaper.

mzsophisticated26

I use organic root stimulator edge control, I have not purchased smooth edges since finding ors last june. It works the same but ors is like $5 waaaay much cheaper

lovelexi

Bee Mine Curly Hold Butter. Then place a scarf around my edges to help it lay flat. Take the scarf off after about and hour or more then I'm good to go for at least a couple days. BTW i'm relaxed.

Quita3514

Its seems like a lot of you like ors..hmm might give it a shot has anyone tried keracare edge tamer...bc I love all their products?

Iluvsmuhgrass

spray bottle with water + castor oil (very light handed) + satin/silk scarf method = smoothed edges :yep:

I also use Fantasia IC Gel (olive) sometimes on dry hair other times on wet (when I want waves) and the scarf method.

Recently I tried the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (KCCC) alone in an experiment and it went horribly awry because my hair was straight and weird. Soft but not wavy at all.

PinkAngel

Hick's Total Transformations, this stuff is the real deal. I tried ORS Edge Control trying to save a few pennies but it leaves me w/ build up after a couple of days. Hicks is a bit pricier but a jar lasts me a full year.

ilah

Eco Styler w/ Olive Oil + wrap for 5-10 minuntes = flat smooth edges.

As mentioned earlier, a little bit goes a long way and hair is not left greasy, sticky or yucky.

Diva_Esq

Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Water Based Wax + Eco Styler gel on damp edges, brush down and tie down with silk scarf.

Tene

I use shea butter or avocado butter and tie my hair down with a scarf for a couple minutes. Other times I might use a gel or pomade.

Quita3514

Okay ladies I tried ors edge control..this is the best stuff hands down!!! I wish I would have discovered this long time ago!! For only 6 bucks this stuff works miracles I haven't had a relaxer in 2 months..its non greasy and it hold very well without flacking

13StepsAhead

I alternate between ORS edge control and Ecostyler olive oil gel. ORS works best when I'm in a rush and I don't have time to put my scarf on to help lay down my edges.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
conditioner +grease.

my current wining combo is mane n tail moisturizing conditioner+ apex pressing oil.

It makes my edges LAY. and i have resistant edges.

if i want my edges bone straight with no heat i will use ors edge control + beyond the zone stiff head. my edges look relaxed.

i use a durag with both methods.i prefer a durag because it makes the end result flatter for me.