Anyone else have problem with their edges?

DKO

I would like to use the baggy method more often but my edges in the front are my weakest point and I'm currently growing them out. The problem I have is when I do put my hair in a bun, all the little edges in front stick up because they are not long enough to blend in w/ the ponytail (oh yeah, I got a touch up relaxer in Jan. and it didn't take) so now I have 8 weeks of new growth on top of 16 weeks of new growth that the perm did not take to and I'm not due for another touchup until June. Any suggestions on how I can tame the front edges? Do you think using gel is harmful to lay down the edges? I'm also concerned because when I try the baggy method at night, my scarf or bonnet always comes off just enough to expose the very part I want protected (the front edges) so I'm always afraid I'm doing more damage than good. Anyone else have this problem?

tmichelle

My hair is natural, but here is what I do. While my hair is wet, I put all the product in it; BT, leave-in condish, shea butter. Then I smooth a petroleum base hair grease (I know many don't like that) over my entire head, I then smooth a really heavy one on my edges, i.e. Murphy's. I brush my hair back into a pony or bun and it stays like that for about a week if I don't mess with it and use a satin bonnet and I have a satin, headband that you velcro close that I put on under my bonnet. This keeps my edges down and "sets" my natural hair pattern to waves. You might try this minus the heavy grease because you have to brush kind of hard to get that to blend in so if you are trying to baby your edges that might not be what you would want to do.

RZILYNT

I must have smooth edges, I am crazy like that. So I truly understand. I had to stop brushing since my hair is thinning nd I no longer wear my hair pulled back. But When I use a scarf I make sure that I pull it down far on my forehead so it keeps it smooth will make it lie down.
I hope that this helps.

RZ~

DKO

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try using a heavier grease on the edges and pulling my scarf down further on my forehead.