How to remove glue from scalp

DiamndPrincess

I just removed some glued in tracks from my hair. I used oil sheen to remove the actual track and that worked good, they slid right off, but now I need to know what do I need to use to remove all the glue that is stuck to my scalp?

Just a guess, but try olive oil...would adding a little heat help it along...dunno? When I say heat, I mean like wrapping a hot towel around a plastic bag on your head or a thermal heat cap. But I think a heave oil ought to do the trick. BUMP for more responses...

Hmm I think Ive only had glue on my scalp once. When that happened I think I just saturated it with that oil remover stuff and let it sit...until whenever it was ready to come out. an hour or 2...whatever....and if that didnt work I would just add more and let it sit. Scrubbing it gently with a toothbrush might help too.

I've heard good things about applying baby oil to get the glue out, you might head to the store and purchase the white creamy glue removal stuff.

Baby oil may not be good for your hair though.

Maybe head over to blackhairmedia's weave section for more ideas.

Believe it or not I was the weave queen a looooooong time ago. Next time you take your tracks out use Netty weave bond remover. After that when you shampoo then take a comb and gently lift the glue up it would slide right up :yep:.

I use the bond remover cream. You can try any thick oil, like olive oil, if that doesn't work you can always use conditioner. Warm Water and conditioner works so well to get it out. That is usually my last resort

I really slippery oil and one of your favourite moisturizing conditioner that gives LOTS of slip should do the job. Olive Oil, Crisco :look:... and I guess VO5 or Herbal Essences. BE GENTLE!

When I wore glued in tracks, I used conditioner and oil sheen to remove. I did have to saturate my hair with both to ensure no hair loss. Good Luck:drunk:

Olive oil and a few good clarifying washes. Please dont put glue in your hair again. It looked cute and sooo real when I did it too, but 4 months later i have no hair and bald spots.

Back