Hi, I'm new, and I have glue in my Hair

Xtal

Hi, I\'m new, and I have glue in my Hair

Hi All,
I'm new here (lurker, of course), and I've recently been trying to follow the Hair lady method to grow out/transition my hair.
I got a sew-in weave 3 weeks ago, only it isn't all sewn-in. She glued 2 of the tracks in the front. I washed my hair
and I added a moisturizing leave in to my cornrows underneath my tracks. Now
the glue is gooey and all over the place. What is the best, safest way to get glue out of your hair? I want
to remove the tracks, all the glue, and have them SEWN back in this weekend.

Also, I will NEVER let anyone come near me with bonding glue again!

X

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: Hi, I\'m new, and I have glue in my Hair

Although I haven't had a glued in weave in years, Yes you do need to stay away from the glue. At the Beauty Supply you can buy bond remover. I personally use baby oil it just slides out. You will lose some strands, that just what happens when glue is used. Just be very gentle and patient when removing the tracks. Hopefully your stylist didn't get glue happy and you wind up with clumps of glue left in your hair. Eventually the residue will wash away but you have to be really careful. Maybe someone can offer more suggestions!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

LOL! What a way to introduce yourself--that was cute. Welcome to the board

sweetcocoa

Welcome! I agree I've seen the glue remover in Sally's . I'd let it soak(I don't know how drying it is) then shampoo until you get it all out.

JenJen2721

Welcome Xtal!!

I was always told that oil helps get out glue as well. I used oil sheen back in the day.

Good luck!
Jen

A

AmilLion

Saturate the area with Bond Remover and allow it to sit on your hair for a few minutes. After, you should be able to lift the track from your hair with no problems. There will probably be glue left on your hair. My suggestion, the bond remover left on your hair, massage it into the hair to help loosen the residue.

AnjelLuvs

man that is why I will never get another weave in my head again I had glue in my hair for 3 wwashes

msprettyeyes

Put a lot of conditioner in your hair and just let it sit for about 1hour and a half. Work it in, put a cap on your head so the excess moisture will loosen it. Then get a fine tooth comb and comb out gently. I promise u it will work. Good luck!

Crystal

I saturate the glued tracks in oil and then sit under the heat cap for like an hour and then slide them off... It's still a mess though. I've used glue twice in the last three years. I hate that stuff.

Xtal

Thank you guys!
I think I will try to put some conditioner on it (the same one that made it gooey in the first place!) If that doesn't worker, I'll get the hair glue remover from Sally's.

diamond_nh

Yes there is glue remover in the stores. I used to use Isoplus sheen spray to help take it out. I don't understand why she sewed some and glued others. I guess she glued it at the front of your head so that it would be flat but imo if she knew what she was doing she would have been able sew all the tracks. Some hair usually comes out or breaks when taking out the glue so be careful.

Allandra

Welcome to the LHCF.

You can get a hair glue remover from the beauty supply store.

ineedmoney

welcome ztal. you should be able to find glue remover ne where. in my town they even sell it at the wallgreens