Glue in weave okay? or not okay?

vaqtea

I need advice ladies. I have been wearing my hair in a donut or ponytail for the last few weeks. I want to do something different with my hair. I was thinking that maybe I would glue in some tracks (me myself not a professional) , just to spice up my hair for a week or two. What do you all think about this? Has anyone experienced any negatives efects from using glue? or can glued in weave be used as a protective style?

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
Weave glue is the devil ..:spank: ..:lol: no really, it is quite bad for your hair. I have used it many times pre-LHCF and I had to rip out so much hair just to get the glue out. They make special shampoos that supposedly help loosen the glue but it's still not a good idea. IMO

chellee

It is not a protective style because your hair is still exposed. In addition to pulling hair out during removal, you are clogging your hair follicles for the period that the weave is in AND you are stressing your real hair trying to blend it with the weave hair (flat ironing, brushing, extra combing, etc). You will notice thinner hair after a while. Have you considered doing your own sew-in weave or a quick-weave style? Although not 100% healthy hair practices, they are much better . . .

cyninmon123

If you are looking for a sure way to have your hair break off and become bald and your length to shrink a good 2-3inches in less than a month than yea go for the the glued in weave

deedabug

Tami said:
Weave glue is the devil ..:spank: ..:lol: no really, it is quite bad for your hair. I have used it many times pre-LHCF and I had to rip out so much hair just to get the glue out. They make special shampoos that supposedly help loosen the glue but it's still not a good idea. IMO

same experiences...dont go there lol

ThickHair

Glue in any form was NEVER made to come in contact with skin or hair. Nothing quick is every good so far as your hair and skin. No No.

KEIONI'S MOM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't glue anything into your hair. I agree with all of the ladies this is not healthy and it will definitely leave a sour taste in your mouth when it's time to take it out. I had a horrible exepreince with glue and tracks so please, please don't do it. HTH

Neroli

NOT okay!!! You can achieve the same effect by having the pieces sewn-in rather than using glue. First must do a tinsy cornrow on your hair were the piece will go, then the piece itself is sewn onto that tinsy cornrow. Someone who knows how to do this can make look flawless and natural - it will take a little longer putting in and taking out, but much healthier . . .

vaqtea

Thanks you all for the warning. I was on my way to the BSS right after work to get my supplies. I assume I was on the way to killing my dreams of reaching bra-strap. Thanks you guys! :kiss:

vaqtea

Neroli said:
NOT okay!!! You can achieve the same effect by having the pieces sewn-in rather than using glue. First must do a tinsy cornrow on your hair were the piece will go, then the piece itself is sewn onto that tinsy cornrow. Someone who knows how to do this can make look flawless and natural - it will take a little longer putting in and taking out, but much healthier . . .

I tried the sew in twice. Indeed it was beautiful but it thinned my hair out something aweful b/c it was way to tight! That is why I thought the glue would be so much better ..... no tightness to worry about :ohwell:

Here is a pic of the sew-in that left me with thin hair :mad:

vaqtea

chellee said:
It is not a protective style because your hair is still exposed. In addition to pulling hair out during removal, you are clogging your hair follicles for the period that the weave is in AND you are stressing your real hair trying to blend it with the weave hair (flat ironing, brushing, extra combing, etc). You will notice thinner hair after a while. Have you considered doing your own sew-in weave or a quick-weave style? Although not 100% healthy hair practices, they are much better . . .

What is a quick weave? :confused:

TonicaG

TonicaG
Girlfriend,

Your hair will hate you for it and you'll ending up hating that you did it. If you have to have the length, get you a wig or braids or something, but by all means, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT put that glue in your hair!!! We will shun you off the board!!! (smile)

Neroli

vaqtea said:
I tried the sew in twice. Indeed it was beautiful but it thinned my hair out something aweful b/c it was way to tight! That is why I thought the glue would be so much better ..... no tightness to worry about :ohwell:

Here is a pic of the sew-in that left me with thin hair :mad:

Yeah, the sewn in WILL thin hair over time, especially if too tight (anything too tight over time will cause damage) but, I thought you wanted something just for a coupla of weeks . . .

IMO, sewn in is still a lot healthier than glue and the comb thing sounds pretty good too, except I'd be concerned how secure they are, I mean will it go flying off if the winds blows too hard . . .

Lee

Do not do it. I had to cut my hair down to an inch (because of serious damage) when I put the glue in my hair. Mind you my hair was shoulder length at the time.