• Frequently

Votes: 43 24.9%
  • Always

Votes: 27 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nayna

Unbothered
I voted frequently. I can protective style here and there but I enjoy my hair being out. I'm trying to hide it now because it's cold but after a couple of weeks I'm ready to let my hair be free! Lol. I can't wait until it gets warmer.

Salsarisma

I just started wearing protective styles. I wear a sock bun Monday through Thursday. Thursday is my full pre-poo, shampoo, DC, and roller set night. I then wear my hair out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday night, I co-wash, air dry and bun again until Thursday.

PJaye

The last time I wore my hair out aside from the last two days was in 2006. My hair is typically air dried in a ponytail due to the dense curls in the center. Wearing it out and having to detangle it afterward was definitely not worth the effort. Still, I have been enjoying wearing it straight and out these past two days, so things may change for the future.

ETA: I forgot to state that I voted "Never"

sunnieb

I hid my hair for most of last year, so I wear it out 2-3x a week now. I love bantu knot outs! :grin:

wannabelong

I wear my hair out frequently. I only PS when I'm having a bad hair day or just don't feel like dealing with it. I like to enjoy my hair.

godsflowerrr

whoops I voted wrong..I meant to vote frequently...I love wearing my hair out. I rarely wear protective styles since I have been wearing my natural hair.

ladylina

In the winter never it is too cold here and I just bun. In the summer almost all the time cause I WnG all the time and let my hair dry and go.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
Not very frequently. Mostly because I'm incredibly lazy and I can't imagine having to do my hair everyday. On top of that I've decided to get serious about my journey. I was very lazy and lax my first 2 years and I'd like to make great gains this year.

I also like the surprise and amazement I feel when I do wear it out. It's like a treat to myself. :lol:

chebaby

my hair is always in a puff. i consider that "out". i almost never do braids and twists or really any type of protective style where my ends are hidden.

Jewell

Very rarely. I haven't worn my hair out more than once in about 2 years. I used to wear it down 90% of the time about 3-4 yrs ago, but since, I've grown aggravated with having hot hair on my neck (except during frigid winter). My hair is like a wool blanket (in thickness, not roughness) and it just seems to trap a lot of heat. I last wore my hair out over Christmas holiday break while visiting fam. It shole was like having a damn wool blanket over my head and walking around with it! LOL I love my hair, but it's just too hot sometimes.

I tend to mostly wear it braided underneath LF's in cooler months, or in buns/clips/braided extensions in warmer seasons. I don't plan to wear it out flat-ironed until sometime in 2011 for a big reveal. I should be past WL by then, can't wait to shock ppl either.

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

99% of the time. I love my hair down, I can count on one hand the number of times I wear protective styles in a year. My hair is always out....I'm trying to switch it up and do a protective style for the next month though...

Less in the Winter, More in the Summer

You'd think I'd do less when it's warm; but, I like to do braid-outs during that time. In the cooler months, I keep my hair in buns, ponytails, etc.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
"Out" meaning down to me....Its like every 3-4 months for about a week.
Plan on more out time when I get closer to my goal.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Everyday, but I use heatless styles like twist outs, bantu's, & air dried curl formers (I FINALLY got the hang of them and they are AWESOME!!! :grin:)

grow

since i permed on the 14th of jan., i've worn my hair out every single day.

i want to enjoy my hair out a bit.

but the continual styling is starting to get to me, so i'll start wearing it up more.

especially weeks before my perm...with the ng, my hair almost HAS to stay up...

Fhrizzball

Everyday, but I use heatless styles like twist outs, bantu's, & air dried curl formers (I FINALLY got the hang of them and they are AWESOME!!! :grin:)

I would love to see your results with them. I love curlformers too. What kind did you use. Did you sleep in them?

Truth

I voted frequently... sometimes I wear it out.. other times it's in the phony puff or braided up..or twist... depends on my mood quite honestly

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm *suppose* to be on a personal box braid challenge but for the last 4 days I've been wearing my hair in a twistout. I finally have enough length that the twistout looks really cute and my husband :love: how it looks. :grin:

Babygurl

When I was actively growing my hair out I wore it in protective styling about 99% of the time, now that I am at the length I want to be and maintaining this length, I wear buns about 50% of the time, about 3-4 times a week I wear my hair down now.

NikkiGirl

I really don't wear my hair out unless it is for a special occasion. I figure once I pick up more length I can start to wear it out more. But for me, I found that I will retain like no tomorrow if I keep away from heat. So no heat and bunning it is for me.

BostonMaria

I didn't vote because I didn't find the right selection for my reggie. I wear it in a bun in the summer and wear it out more in the winter. Right now I'm doing a 5 month challenge and it'll be in a protective style 5 days a week, 2 days can be out or in a ponytail.

I go back and forth and I've never had a problem with retaining length.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I would love to see your results with them. I love curlformers too. What kind did you use. Did you sleep in them?

(I'm the one in the middle. I was :beer: off some GOOD wine!:grin: ) This is a set on the second day. I like to comb them out with a wide tooth comb and my fingers to get that roller set look.

This is the first day of a set. I slept in them that night.

Last edited:

Filmatic

I voted less in winter, more in summer. Since my BC I like to wear it out int he summer bc my WnGs dry faster. When I was relaxed and finally got to BSB I didn't wear my hair out except for roller sets. I said I would enjoy my TWA more.

I am on a protective style challenge until March though. I am pushing to get to APL. I want a bigger afro so bad.

WantNatural

I voted always. I have a twa right now so I wear it out. When I transitioned I PS'd almost daily in a bun. I might start wearing a wig or if I learn how to cornrow I might try crochet braids. When my hair is long enough for a bun again though I'll start bunning again.

goodmorningruby

I hate wearing my hair out/down so my hair is up 99.9% of the time. For me to hate wearing my hair in non-protective styles just works in my favor for length retention. :yep: Hair pins, bobby pins, and jaw clips are my friends.