TWA: HOW DO YOU NOT WEAR YOUR HAIR "OUT"

Freespirit02

I'm always watching natural gurus on youtube talking about it's not good to wear your hair out. That you should twist it or braid it up..or whatever. I'm always left thinking "easy for you to say, you have enough hair to braid". I just bced in June to a damn near fade..and my hair is only ear level stretched. Now how am I suppose to avoid wearing my hair out. I haven't tried a wig yet..and I haven't done braid extensions in a minute. I think this is because I'm really enjoying MY own HAIR. So ladies, I need some advice..and pics will be nice too:drunk:

faithVA

I shaved my head in January and wore my hair out until May. I wore during the week and wore it out on the weekends. I then wore comb coils and french braids starting in June by then it was long enough.

When my hair was shorter it was easier to keep it moisturized and obviously it wasn't touching anything. It wasn't until my fro wasn't so tiny any more that I needed to start keeping it up.

I'm at work so I don't have pics on hand. But you can see my shaved head which was March 09 and my comb coils which I think was July 09.

LuvlyRain3

I always wear my hair out. But I've been having problems with ssk so i have been working on trying to keep my hair stretched. Im actually wearing a twist out right now. But Im at work. May be i can sneak to the bathroom and take a couple of pics for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Nonie

:scratchch The only way I see for doing this is by putting on a baggy and a hat or wrap. :giggle:

Otherwise, I didn't think twice about wearing my TWA out.

BonBon

Theres nothing wrong with wearing a TWA out IMO. Personally that was the easiest part of my journey for growth PLUS retention! The more hair I gained the more issues I had with tangling and having to manipulate.

faithVA

I wouldn't worry about it for right now. Enjoy it as long as it last. You will know when it is time to put it up: moisturize issues, tangle issues, breakage issues etc. I didn't have anything like that when I had a twa even in the winter time.