How much leave-in do you use?

tryn2growmyhair

How much leave-in do you use when rollersetting or airdrying? A dime, a quarter, a nickel a quarter cup? Thanks in advance for your response.

GoingBack

I am very heavy handed when it comes to product use. I use about a dime sized amount on each section that I am roller setting...concentrating moreso on the ends. I know that some people have said that they use just a small amount on their entire head. :look:

Cincysweetie

I use about a nickel sized amount on wet hair. When I rollerset, I use serum on each strand, a very SMALL amount (a drop) applied to my ends.

L

lkg4healthyhair

For Salerm 21 I was using quarter size but this weekend my hairstylist said to use a nickel amount.

Porsche19

I section my hair into 4 sections and apply a little more than a quater amount... maybe a quater and a half to each section :)

candibaby

BP, your hair would probably go limp if you used too much.

I use a spray leave-in, and I saturate (not soak) my hair in it as I detangle.

sylver2

I use a lot. I section into 5-6 sections and use about twice quarter size amount for each piece.

tryn2growmyhair

I think that I have been using too much leave-in. When all of my leave-ins were added up I think that it must have come out to about 1/2 cup or more. Maybe that's why my hair was dry and crispy. I will clarify and try using less leave-ins.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
When I did rollersets, I used a dime size amount of a creamy leave-in (NTM Silk Touch) on each section of hair before I rolled it up. I didn't apply it all over and then start rollersetting, I find that somewhat defeating the purpose of using a leave-in.

Now that I airdry, I have been applying the leave-in all over my hair (size of a chocolate hershey kiss). From now on, I will section in 4, detangle, then apply the leave-in to each section, then style my hair into a bun.

But if I use a liquid leave-in (like Motions Nourish) I section my hair in 2 sections or for sections and spray each section about 8 times before rolling it up or airdrying.

HTH!

Last edited:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
When I use a dime or a quarter size, I feel like it isnt enough to cover my hair, so I end up using 50c piece instead. Maybe I should trust that it is enough. I just dont want other strands being neglected. :( :)

chocolate01

I use about a quarter size on my whole head with my leave-in. My serum I apply about a dime size to each section (6) before I braid it for my braidout.

ccd

I use an applicator bottle now for my Rusk Smoother so...

approx. 4 squeezes
(maybe 2 quarter size all around and at my roots) then

a quarter size of Lacio on my entire length,

about a dime size of Serum at the length too.