For those who use oil to seal in their moisture...

alexstin

How much oil are you using? A dime size amount, nickle sized, quarter? Also, what is the length of your hair?

I think I'm overdoing it on the oil.:perplexed

I'm so heavy handed when it comes to hair products. :lol: I'm still learning to take it easy, especially w/ oil. My hair is between waist and hip length and I apply approx. a quarter size amount and go from there. If I need more then, I'll use it.

Well I have fine-textured hair and I use about a dime-sized amount or even less, the texture of my hair is very close to mizanimami. If I put too much oil in my hair it will weigh it down with the quickness.

not much; 3-4 drops if I use jojobah oil. a shmear (lightly rub my finger across the top) of coconut oil.

The less oil I use the better.

-A

My hair is close to waist length and can't take too much oil when straight so I use about 4 drops throughout hair and a drop extra on my ends. I make sure to evenly distribute it through my hair w/ a fine tooth comb.

I use about a quater size amount of oil, sometimes a little more. I'm much more generous with butter. My hair is nearing hipbone length.

alexstin said:
How much oil are you using? A dime size amount, nickle sized, quarter? Also, what is the length of your hair?

I think I'm overdoing it on the oil.:perplexed

My hair is BSL, I use about a nickle size amount of oil, I dont need much.

My hair is thick and porous so it quickly absorbs any product I put on it. I use TONS of oil--about a dime sized amount for each section I part while rollersetting (usually about eight sections) and for daily maintence about two quarter size amount combined for the ends, nape and hairline.
My length is armpit.

Back