How many weeks post-relaxer are you..

I'll be 5 weeks post this Saturday. I'm attempting to stretch to the first Saturday in June which is the 5th.

I'm getting crochet braids on April 3rd and I'll keep them in for a month, I guess. Then wear my hair out for a week or two then crochet braid my hair up again. I'll wear my hair for about a week after that because I heard you shouldn't relax RIGHT after taking braids down, and then I'll relax.

That's the plan at least lol.

I'm currently 31 weeks post touch-up. I never thought I'd be able to stretch this long! I'm going to do a rinse/gloss and BKT this weekend.

13 weeks on Sunday. That is my texlax due date. I'm surprised that my new growth has been manageable (no doubt due to the knowledge I've gained here with how to care for natural hair). I transitioned before and ended up relaxing due to ssk's and breakage so I'm still thinking all natural is not for me but now I wonder.

i'm 10 weeks post as of yesterday, but i'm aiming for 16 weeks before my next touch up.

approx 16 weeks last relaxer was Nov 25th 2009, stretching for who knows how long.
I made a deal with myself not to relax until I find a job.........and the way my pitiful job search is going who knows how long this stretch will be..........yrs perhaps? lmao!!!!

thank goodness my hair is easy to deal with and with the touch of a round brush and blowdryer on my roots i'm back to sleek hair :)

good luck ladies don't forget moisture is key! and great products that give slip.

A little over 11 weeks...planned to relax at 12 weeks post but I'm not so sure since Ediese posted her update :ohwell:

Back