• DC for as long as you used the protein treatment

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • DC for a lot longer than you used the protein treatment

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • DCing after a protein treatment is totally unnecessary

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

rainbowknots

Hey ladies, I know you're supposed to DC after protein treatments, but for how long? Should you leave it in shorter than the protein treatment, for the same amount of time as the PT or for a longer period of time...What you say?

Ronnieaj

For me it depends on the treatment. After aphogee I've done up to 25 with steam, but for the mild/moderate treatments I normally do 10-15 minutes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Umm..Let's See After Protein: I usually do a Moisturizing DC Treatment with Heat (i.e. Steamer or Heat Cap) a Minimum of 30 minutes up to an Hour. No "real" set amount of time.

I am usually Watching TV, Reading a Magazine, Talking on the Phone, or on here Chatting with you all while I am DC'ing.:giggle:

I guess as long as I feel like keeping it in.

Jazzmommy

If I do Aphogee (leave on for about 15 min), I moisture for about 30 minutes under the dryer or 1 hour without heat.

iNicola

I use Keracare Humecto specifically for DC after a protein treatment. I DC using the home steam method for 30 - 40 mins.

I AM...

I steam for at least 45 minutes to an hour after a protein treatment.Today I used Afrogee 2 minute (for 15 minutes) & did a Sirtrinillah mask w/honey & oil steam treatment for 45.

darlingdiva

I leave the protein treatment (AO GPB or Aphogee 2-min) for 15 mins. under heat & I leave the moisture treatment (KBB Deep Condish) on for five mins.

Aggie

Hmmm, I'd say, anywhere between 30 minutes to overnight, depending on how lazy I am at the time:grin:.

rainbowknots

I've been DCing for a shorter period of time than my protein treatments :perplexed. Now I know that I need to do it for a longer period of time. Thanks ladies!

LushLox

Protein 15 minutes. Moisture 20 minutes - 30 if I have time.

Because steam is such an amplified way to DC I don't think you really don't need to do it that long, just as long as you're consistent.

knt1229

I'm probably in the minority but I follow the directions on the bottle. I DC for the length of time that is recommended on my DC bottles.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I normally deep conditon with aphogee 2 min, 1 ORS replenishing pack, Lustrasilk mango/shea butter. I apply head for about an hour. Are there benefits to doing protein and DC as a separate step rather than together like I'm currently doing? Doing them together saves time, doing them together on dry hair, really saves even more time.