How long should you wait inbetween each Nexxus Keraphix/light protein treatment??

Crystalicequeen123

I was wondering how long do you have to wait before doing each Keraphix/light protein reconstructor treatment? I've heard that TOO much protein can actually make the hair too hard and cause it to break.

I'm getting my hair relaxed in about 2 weeks, but before that I would like to do a Keraphix treatment about a week before my relaxer treatment, and have my hairstylist give me a protein treatment right AFTER my relaxer treatment(on the same day).

Is this dangerous?? Is this TOO much protein in a short amount of time? Is it a good idea to do a light protein reconstructor on the hair the same day you get a relaxer touchup?

Kikootie

The Nexxus web-site says it strengthens hair up to 72 hrs. My guess is that you can use it at least 2x per week if needed.

Crystalicequeen123

Oh okay...thanks guys! So, I take it everything should be okay.

My other question was whether or not it was safe to do a protein treatment on the same day as a relaxer touchup. What do you think?? Has anyone done this before?

Kikootie

I think you should do your protein treatment a couple of days before. As a prep for the damage and weakness that is to come. The nexxus website says use prior to all chemical treatment services to balance protein.

Crystalicequeen123

Kikootie said:
I think you should do your protein treatment a couple of days before. As a prep for the damage and weakness that is to come. The nexxus website says use prior to all chemical treatment services to balance protein.

Yeah, I think doing it a couple of days before a relaxer is best too. But if she's already going to give me a protein treatment on the DAY of my relaxer, wouldn't this be a bit TOO much protein in such a short amount of time??

Dolapo

keraphix is a light protein treatment. so if you use it on your last wash day before relaxing and then having your stylist give you another protein treatment, there should no problem

Kikootie

I agree with Dolapo. Plus your hair dresser should be deep conditioning your hair afterwards which will help lessen the chance of any problems.

Jewell

When I used Nexxus Keraphix, I would use it weekly, but I always followed up with a moisturizing conditioner.