How I got 2 inches of growth in one month...

PoeticJustice

Sorry if this was already mentioned because I didn't read every post, but I believe you are supposed to only eat the egg whites (the yolk is the cholestorol part) and the egg whites is the protein. I read on the Black Hair media board where a woman eats 4 eggs a day, 3 of them are just the egg whites. I've been doing it where I eat 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

Also, where I can get these enzymes I hear about that break down the protein?

mshoney2u

Congrats on your growth jazz, I would love to do that can you please tell me how the optimum protein taste. I am thinking of getting some.
Thanks in advance.
mshoney

senimoni

This should be interesting, I just bought some protein b/c I'm not big on alot of meat. It has a significant amount of l-cysteine in it too. My protein is Optimum, its pretty good. You have to try different things, I know it sounds nasty but I mix 6 oz protein shake with warm coffee. Or I add instant coffee to cold protein shake....sometimes with a dash of cinnamon.

lveurslf

I don't normally get alot of newgrowth. Maybe .25" per month. Once I started increasing my protein, my hair now grows .5" on average and 1" in certain areas. I used Designer Whey, tuna, or peanut butter, in addtion to my normal diet when I want to increase my protein intake for the day.

FashionistaNY

Enzymes in general are a catalyst which helps speed up the progress. Therefore, digestive enzymes would help speed up the process of breaking down the proteins into amino acids (building blocks) that your body would absorb.

Enzymes are often used in chemistry/biology to speed up processes. Sometimes we don't have 3 days to sit there lol....so you add certain enzymes and can 1000x the rate.

Jewell

Zuppy said:
Well, from what someone on the board told me, there are smooth avacados - when you feel them there is no texture and there are avacados with bumb/lumbs/knots The "bumby" ones are dark green and feel like you are running your fingers over rocks.- you feel lumps or bumps or texture to them - they described that the bumpy ones (the ones with texture) are not good for the hair... does that help?

I know this is an old thread, but the "bumpy" avocadoes are called Hass avocadoes. The smooth ones are Florida avocadoes here in the U.S. I think I will eat smoked oysters or sardines, including 2 boiled eggs each day without the yolk. I can probably do a can of tuna to alternate with the oysters and sardines. I have some coupons for free Pure Protein bars, too. I have been eating a lot more meat than usual (I like pasta a lot) like steaks and lots of ground beef, and I could have sworn that my new growth has gotten a lot thicker in the past 2 weeks. I am going to take in a minimum of 180 grams of protein a day. I love meat and fish, although fish is a lot healthier! You ladies are on to something. :D

Last edited:

LaRobinWolfe76

About a month ago I began taking On Whey Protein for the Body For Life challenge I would mix the Vanilla powder in an orange Gatorade to get a creamsicle taste.I would also eat 1 egg to 3 egg whites and would also eat Salmon.Oh my Goodness my hair definetely grew like 2.5 inches I got 4 inches cut in Nov. I have grown those 4 inches back and cut another 1 inch off I have a problem with scissors :perplexed I also began exercising but I did notice increased growth and it was shiny and not dry even though I live in a very dry climate.The ladies at the salon were so :perplexed they began asking me thousands of questions about the length of my hair.After I left the salon I got in an arguement in the Beauty Supply Store with a stylist that said my hair was not real it was extensions :mad: I'm a Believer!! :D

Taya

dahllia said:
[ QUOTE ]
I had 3 eggs for breakfast. Lunch usually Salmon or Tuna with a small salad. Mid day I have the shake. Dinner I have 3 boiled eggs with some kind of vegetable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good and all and I would love to try this but I was always told that we should only eat 3 eggs per week at most. My mother and grandmother, the " health experts " of the family told me this, saying it was dangerous to eat a lot of eggs (excess protein and high cholesterol, etc.) Do you know anything different to this? Please share if you do. I trust my fam, but they cannot be on point about everything
hello,this is Taya I'm new and I think your family is right bout the too many eggs. before i started my diet it said to go get blood work and everything done ( diabetes,cholesterol,etc) i did and my cholesterol was a little high. later i got off the diet. but during the diet i was eating at least 3-4 eggs for breakfast and sometimes 2 boiled eggs for lunch. ( because they say the more protein eatten more weight can be lost and build muscle mass) anyway now i decided to get back on that diet and had my blood work done and they say my cholesterol is way higher than before ( almost 1 yr later). but i didn't pay attention to how much cholesterol eggs had in them. also i read a nutitional book that said you should only have so many eggs a week.
just a fyi. sorry for the long message.

beloved1

Great thread, thanks for bumping Moderator.

This definitely worked for me. My normal hair growth is .5 inch per month, when I did the Induction phase of atkins and was heavy on the eggs and meat, I retained an inch in a month. I'm going to refocus on my protein intake, I've been keeping my carbs down, but I need to make sure I have my protein up, especially my eggs as discusse dhere and on another post.

aqualung

I'm going to resume the high protein diet. Been eating too much junk lately, and not making an effort to structure my meals well.

The tuna-and-egg salads are what worked really well for me before. I miss them. Will use only egg whites this time.

I've got protein powder left at home, too.

CurleeDST

Funny you wrote this b/c I was reviewing the fruit flush by Jay Robb on www.jayrobb.com and he sells the whey protein powder which you mix with water and drink 6 oz, 5 times the first day (every other hour). It contains 24 grams of protein for each 1 oz serving which calculates up to 720 grams of protein in JUST ONE DAY!

I noticed when I eat a lot of yogurt and dairy products (including ice cream) my nails grow quicker along w/ the hair on my eyebrows and legs.

Hair is nothing but protein so it makes sense to me. Vitamins are good for overall good health and weight management. And GOOD HEALTH means healthy skin, hair and nails!

JazzAngel said:
Like most of the members I do have my share of daily vitamins. Recently I got soo disgusted with the whole hair thing and really slacked of on taking my vitamins. BUT, I am on a very high protein diet for weight loss. Since being very focus with my diet I am aware of taking in a minum of 130grams of protien a day. I also run 7 miles a day.

A few days ago a friend of mine measure my hair only to discover that I had succeded in growing and retaining 2 inches of growth for the month.

I tried reaching this 2 inch goal in May or was it June and all I got was about 1 1/2, that was with all my vitamis. I was a bit disappointed and for this I just got disgused, but now on this high protein diet sans vitamins I reached it.

Part of my plan includes taking a Whey protein supplement.

<font color="blue">So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth? </font>

CurleeDST

OH and another thing - I read on one of the raw food websites that we do not need as much protein as we may consume for good health. Just something to be careful of b/c overdosing on ANYTHING can have just the reverse effect.

CurleeDST

Yes, 64 oz of water a day is the MINIMUM you sh/ drink. Definitely get in that good old fashioned water!!!! You want to continue to flush out your system.

Teva said:
Oh she told me to drink alot of water now that I am adding more protein to my diet. She stressed this alot. She said that was really important.

ekomba

Justicewifey said:
Can some one tell me where to get the digestive enzymes that break down the protein? TIA

I use NOW chewable papaya enzymes with mint and chlorophyll. Thats what the lady at GNC recommended me to chew 2 after i take my vits or heavy protein meal to break down the protein else we cant digest big amounts

PoeticJustice

ekomba said:
I use NOW chewable papaya enzymes with mint and chlorophyll. Thats what the lady at GNC recommended me to chew 2 after i take my vits or heavy protein meal to break down the protein else we cant digest big amounts

Thanks alot Ekomba. I'll go to GNC tomorrow to check them out. How long have you been taking them and have you noticed a substantial difference?

ekomba

Justicewifey said:
Thanks alot Ekomba. I'll go to GNC tomorrow to check them out. How long have you been taking them and have you noticed a substantial difference?

I took them for a year while transitioning when i was taking massive amounts of vits like 20mg of biotin with 2 pills of freeda biotin 10mg (faster faster growth but then u really need the enzymes to make sure u breaking them) i was taking loooooooots of different pills so it definetely worked as i used to get tired,loaded but with the enzymes felt better in fact i knew i was not using really the vits as my urine used to be really bright neon not anymore so i know i m retaining them and now i only use 4 different vits pp biotin (6 for 6mg) vitol hair skins nail time released (it has 3mg of biotin too so iget a total of 9mg) freeda silica 1, and solo multivit but i m buy again the nature's made super b complex i run out so basically 5 vits i stopped taking my enzymes as my urine remains clear (sorry to be graphic) and i dont take a load of vits but it still good to take the enzymes if you have a heavy protein diet. i m more of a carb,grains,fruits,veggies girl but i need to add protein back in my diet be it nuts or anything but if you eat lotta meat, fish and all take 2 enzymes with your meal its like candy u chew it thats it

kizzylonghair

ekomba

This is very intersting, I have just started to take a high protein (Whey Protein Shake) and I have notice some of the same symptoms as you.
I will get some of these enzymes, I am even noticing that once I take my shake I really cant eat for a while is like a meal supplement.
I have no problems with my weight so that really not what to be doing.
Plus I have notice that I :fart: more :lachen:
However I am looking forward to the extra growth that I am getting

Kizzy

ekomba

kizzylonghair said:
ekomba

This is very intersting, I have just started to take a high protein (Whey Protein Shake) and I have notice some of the same symptoms as you.
I will get some of these enzymes, I am even noticing that once I take my shake I really cant eat for a while is like a meal supplement.
I have no problems with my weight so that really not what to be doing.
Plus I have notice that I :fart: more :lachen:
However I am looking forward to the extra growth that I am getting

Kizzy

Thats funny kizzy me too when i used to take my soy protein if i took it with my vits i mean i could not do both like i was not hungry and too full and i would only have like a egg a toast for breakfast and a glass of water with my vits i would feel so full i had to wait like 2 more hours for the shake cause it will feel me up but make me tired and when i started to take the enzymes after each meal i felt better

PoeticJustice

ekomba said:
I took them for a year while transitioning when i was taking massive amounts of vits like 20mg of biotin with 2 pills of freeda biotin 10mg (faster faster growth but then u really need the enzymes to make sure u breaking them) i was taking loooooooots of different pills so it definetely worked as i used to get tired,loaded but with the enzymes felt better in fact i knew i was not using really the vits as my urine used to be really bright neon not anymore so i know i m retaining them and now i only use 4 different vits pp biotin (6 for 6mg) vitol hair skins nail time released (it has 3mg of biotin too so iget a total of 9mg) freeda silica 1, and solo multivit but i m buy again the nature's made super b complex i run out so basically 5 vits i stopped taking my enzymes as my urine remains clear (sorry to be graphic) and i dont take a load of vits but it still good to take the enzymes if you have a heavy protein diet. i m more of a carb,grains,fruits,veggies girl but i need to add protein back in my diet be it nuts or anything but if you eat lotta meat, fish and all take 2 enzymes with your meal its like candy u chew it thats it

Thanks again, I didn't get a chance to go today because my son was sick. I hope to pick these up in the next day or two. I'll probably pick some of the protein shake up too. I'm terrible when it come to drinking this so I hope I can find some in a ready-to-drink can and just keep a bunch at my desk at work. But I have no problem taking a bunch of vits. I need to get back into that as well.

PoeticJustice

ekomba said:

You know who am I kiddin, can you tell me what your high protein diet was? I need something to go off of... thanks!

ekomba

Justicewifey said:
You know who am I kiddin, can you tell me what your high protein diet was? I need something to go off of... thanks!

eggs and boca meat (21g protein) for breakfast with one soy protein shake (mind you the pp protein shake i was taking twice a day was very potent lotta l-cysteine and amino acids ), i used to feel so stuff after the breakfast it was not the regular eggs but the organic ones with added b complex vitamins if i took more than 2 i would get sick very potent.lotta chicken or turkey burger or fish for lunch (salmon or salmon stuffed with shrimp or tilapia) with organic veggies (baby field greens, organic plum tomatoes, lotta avocado and my own dressing: organic mustard with EVOO and balsamic vinegar salt pepper), dinner lamb with a puree of yams or baked flounder with baked potato and sour cream chives and cheese and vitamins in the morning normally for snacks i used to always snack on carrots and tuna

Last edited: