How does this look? Be honest

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I bought some Good Hair Day pins from Sally's last month, and I really do like them. I was trying to find a "protective" style that I could do. Bunning with a sock and hairtie seems to be stressing out my ends and making them look all scraggly. I needed something that I could quickly do. I can't wait for the day where I have enough hair (or hair that's just thick enough) to coil into a full bun without the use of a sock.

Anyhoo, I've been wearing this style for a little while (maybe a couple days out of the past few weeks) and I don't think this "bun" is full enough. I asked my boyfriend his honest opinion and he says that he likes it, but it just looks like I have no hair, lol. This bun is much different from my sock bun, which is much fuller and more appealing. I dunno....I need you ladies' opinons.

Attachments

• DSC01033-small.JPG
    DSC01033-small.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC01028-small.JPG
    DSC01028-small.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01010-small.JPG
    DSC01010-small.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01025-small.JPG
    DSC01025-small.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 110
It looks like what i call an easy breezy pin up- i do them all the time (i dont think my hair can fit into a bun yet). Anyway - i like it. :D

MzOptimistic

It's a nice and simple way to do your hair and protect the ends. Remember you are on a mission to grow your hair so sacrifices will have to be made. I am so tired of wearing buns but it is growing my hair so I don't care what anyone thinks. I baggy my hair EVERYDAY and EVERYNITE my ends are never dry they are ALWAYS protected in the baggie. The way I protect my ends constantly is by wearing buns, buns, buns or my hair in a ponytail with the ends in a baggie and covered with a bun cover. AT ALL TIMES

Tee

I love it. I wish I could work that out.

You know I picked up those pins and put them back down. The lady at the store didn't have a give review for them. (but I trust my LHCF sister. I will pick them up when I take my Silk Elements Moisturizing conditioner. lol)

Did you pin your hair up in kinda like french twist? I really love it. You are cute in your pictures.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Letitia said:
I love it. I wish I could work that out.

You know I picked up those pins and put them back down. The lady at the store didn't have a give review for them. (but I trust my LHCF sister. I will pick them up when I take my Silk Elements Moisturizing conditioner. lol)

Did you pin your hair up in kinda like french twist? I really love it. You are cute in your pictures.

yeah, that's what I did, lol. That's how it ended up looking since my hair couldn't twist all the way around into a bun :lol:

Thanks to everyone else for giving me your opinon and being honest :)

shunta

Aww its really cute. I have some of those hair pins, but really dont know how to use them. They always slip out of my hair.:confused:

Tee

TSUprincess04 said:
yeah, that's what I did, lol. That's how it ended up looking since my hair couldn't twist all the way around into a bun :lol:

Thanks to everyone else for giving me your opinon and being honest :)

I really love it. I will give it try after I get the pins.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
*Bre~Bre* said:
I like this look better than the bun but I if there is a way to make it fuller (don't know how) I would go for it.

Actually there is a way to make it fuller (like a bun). After I pin it and stuff, I'd have to grab that itty bitty french roll/bun and pull it out some. It actually works too, but I haven't mastered it, because everytime I do it, my hair becomes too loosened and it starts to make my head look like it has lumps and is lopsided (I hope I made sense).

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Oh yeah....with this style, Oyin's Whipped Pudding and the Aveda Humectant Pomade will become my best friends :)

tenderheaded

Work what you've got:) I like it - you're very creative. You're good with that sock bun too. It looks very professional.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I just tried it again and pulled/fluffed the bun out more to make it look fuller, and it worked! I've tried it before and I ended up making my hair too loose in the process, but I just tried it again and my hair didn't loosen up too much.

But you know how that goes, lol. This is one of those styles in which you randomly get it right. One day it'll work out, but the next time you try it, it doesn't look the same :lol:.

sarel

goldensensation said:
You're very pretty!

The style is cute... BUT, I would like it better if it were fuller.

I agree, but if it's stressing your hair, the by all means do what you have to do to keep it healthy. Have you tried a french roll? Side, your color looks nice on you!

nomoweavesfome

i think it looks very cute and classy. And besides you are such a pretty girl you can wear anythang with those big ole pretty eyes like my son. i know you get away with everything. It's a nice switch-up from the bun when you get ready.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
nomoweavesfome said:
i think it looks very cute and classy. And besides you are such a pretty girl you can wear anythang with those big ole pretty eyes like my son. i know you get away with everything. It's a nice switch-up from the bun when you get ready.

lol, thanks a bunch. But, I seriously doubt I could get away with one of those hotghettomess.com hairstyles :lol:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I have the same problem (and my hair's pretty thick). That's why I gave up on them...:(

shunta said:
Aww its really cute. I have some of those hair pins, but really dont know how to use them. They always slip out of my hair.:confused: