Those of you who bun.....

drappedup

So what I ended up doing (and this is a temporary solution) is buying some fake hair and wrapping it around my already made up sock bun. I'm wearing it now and I'm pretty confident my actual hair is not touching the sock, but the fake hair is. However, it was A LOT of hassle to get the hair all the way around the sock, and I know once I take it down the hair is going to not stay wrapped around. I can't see myself spending 20+ mins every other night wrapping this fake hair around the donut and then on top of that fixing my own hair......:perplexed

I am going to check for some silk nylons when I go to the mall next weekend (payday weekend!). I will try to make my bun that way.

Also, SelfStyled......that looks lovely! I don't think I'd ever be able to make such a pretty updo. I'm literally talentless with styles. No joke! Same with your examples, Nancebotwin! Very lovely styles, especially that southern tease bun, but I don't think I have the length for one, and for two, I'm just inept. But looking lovely! I love seeing unique updos!

I usually do a doughnut bun but I took one of my brothers old church sock. Recently I've been phony-bunning so I've been baggying underneath. I got this http://www.blackhairspray.com/product-p/hbn09.htm althought I dont put it high like that, I place it where I place my doughtnut bun. Have you ever thought of baggying under your bun or phony pony? Blackhairspray has some great ones

Thanks! I may purchase! I couldn't find a good one, but this site looks appealing and is better than anything I managed to find! :grin: