How do you wear your hair to sleep?

topsyturvy86

I am relaxed and usually just wear my hair in a bun all pinned together. I do not comb when dry, usually just finger comb. I straightened for the first time in a month y/day and thought I might wrap it as that would maintain the very straight look.. However, it meant I had to comb :sad: and I see hair in my comb which makes me nervous.

I just wanted to find out how other ladies wear their hair to sleep to increase my options, see if there's any I could do without combing, and increase my variety of styles as well.

So, how do you wear your hair to sleep?

Last edited:

MD_Lady

I am relaxed and usually just wear my hair in a bun all pinned together. I do not comb when dry, usually just finger comb. I straightened for the first time in a month y/day and thought I might wrap it as that would maintain the very straight look.. However, it meant I had to comb :sad:. I don't like coming 'cos i've got colour in my hair my hair doesn't like and so when I comb, I see hair in my comb which makes me nervous.

I just wanted to find out how other ladies wear their hair to sleep to increase my options, see if there's any I could do without combing, and increase my variety of styles as well.

So, how do you wear your hair to sleep? :)

I wear rollers to bed. As much as I'd love to wrap my hair every night, it's just too fine/limp to hold a style the next day. :nono:

ladylibra

i'm natural and i just recently started using a scarf to tie it up into a high puff on top of my head - a "pineapple" i guess.

thanks mwedzi for the suggestion, it's done wonders for me :grin:

also when i straighten i sometimes will braid my hair instead of wrapping. if you don't braid too tightly it won't set a stiff wave pattern, and then i can gently finger-comb it the next morning. i don't typically wear my straightened hair down and stick-straight so it works out fine for me.

Last edited:

topsyturvy86

i'm natural and i just recently started using a scarf to tie it up into a high puff on top of my head - a "pineapple" i guess.

thanks mwedzi for the suggestion, it's done wonders for me :grin:

also when i straighten i sometimes will braid my hair instead of wrapping. if you don't braid too tightly it won't set a stiff wave pattern, and then i can gently finger-comb it the next morning. i don't typically wear my straightened hair down and stick-straight so it works out fine for me.

I braid sometimes but it has a stiff wave pattern and just doesn't look very nice. Would definitely try loose braids next time