How do you sleep?

Maa Maa omo mti

Hey ladies I've attempted to search this site to see what people are doing to their hair before going to sleep.

I just texlaxed my hair and I'm proud to say I'm officially APL :grin:. But last night I wanted to find ways to secure my hair at night and I couldn't find anything concrete on this board. Now I'm thinking this has already or should have been discussed. Like all our hair regimen how we put our hair at night is very important.

So ladies with the following how do you maintain the styles, and which works best for you:

Straight:

Rollerset:

Curly(flexy rods etc):

I didnt comb out my rollerset yesterday so I went to sleep with a silk pillow though I felt so much better my hair didn't look so hot :perplexed

glamazon386

When my hair was straight, I wrapped it. When it was a rollerset, I usually rolled it. Sometimes I would just put a few rollers in the top of my head and wrap the rest. When my hair was curly, I just wore a satin bonnet.

rabs77

Hey ladies I've attempted to search this site to see what people are doing to their hair before going to sleep.

I just texlaxed my hair and I'm proud to say I'm officially APL :grin:. But last night I wanted to find ways to secure my hair at night and I couldn't find anything concrete on this board. Now I'm thinking this has already or should have been discussed. Like all our hair regimen how we put our hair at night is very important.

So ladies with the following how do you maintain the styles, and which works best for you:

Straight:

Rollerset:

Curly(flexy rods etc):

I didnt comb out my rollerset yesterday so I went to sleep with a silk pillow though I felt so much better my hair didn't look so hot :perplexed

Straight: I wrap my hair, using Macherieamour's technique. I've noticed that my presses last so much longer when I do that, thanks Macherie:kiss:

Rollerset: Haven't had a rollerset since I went natural.

Curly(flexy rods etc): I put my hair in 2 very high puffs, side/side towards the top of my head. This way I do not mess up the curls by laying on them. I then have a big bonnet/cap...not sure what to call it, that I put over the my head before I go to sleep. Not cute, but it keeps the style longer:yep:

SpyCats

Straight: I sleep with my hair in pin curls or in a bun (my presses seem to last longer this way)

Rollerset: Like Rabs I haven't done a rollerset since I've been natural.

mzcris

Congrats on being APL...I rollerset my hair each week, when I take the rollers out I do the Saran Wrap method that I learned from Macherie! When I go to bed I put a small amount of H20 Intense Night Time Treatment on my hair, wrap my hair with a silk scarf...:yep:

Demi27

I just started wearing my hair out.
I also use Macherie's technique (rollerset and Saran wrap) on the day I wash my hair.
Then I just wrap my hair at night. I pretty much just wear my hair straight right now.

MariposaSexyGirl

Straight: I just swoop my hair to one side in a silk bonnet. Wake up with the ends of my hair in a slight curl.

Rollerset: When I wear it rollerset straight I just put a bonnet on. When wearing it curly I pin curl my hair and it looks like a fresh curly rollerset.

Curly(flexy rods etc): See above.

Maa Maa omo mti

Straight: I wrap my hair, using Macherieamour's technique. I've noticed that my presses last so much longer when I do that, thanks Macherie:kiss:

Rollerset: Haven't had a rollerset since I went natural.

Curly(flexy rods etc): I put my hair in 2 very high puffs, side/side towards the top of my head. This way I do not mess up the curls by laying on them. I then have a big bonnet/cap...not sure what to call it, that I put over the my head before I go to sleep. Not cute, but it keeps the style longer:yep:
do you flat iron your hair? if so what product do you use?

Maa Maa omo mti

Congrats on being APL...I rollerset my hair each week, when I take the rollers out I do the Saran Wrap method that I learned from Macherie! When I go to bed I put a small amount of H20 Intense Night Time Treatment on my hair, wrap my hair with a silk scarf...:yep:

Thanks all you ladies.

Does anyone have the link to Macherie's wrapping technique?

ETA: with the straight techiniques for everyone does it come out looking like the first day or do you do something extra?

I'm considering purchasing a flatiron but want to buy the best one.

gymfreak336

I have started parting my hair into 3 sections a doing a one big pincurl with each section. I then tie my hair down with a satin wrap. In the morning I take the pins out and finger comb each section down and it looks like loose curls....just like my rollersets. Sometimes, the curl is too tight on each section. In that event I take a little leave in and rub it on each section. By the time I get out of the shower and dressed, the curl has loosened a bit.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I just twist it into a bun, secure w/ a bobby pin and tie it down w/ a silk scarf. If I need to bump the ends i'll use my caruso rollers to curl it in the morning.

BotanyGrl

Straight - I wrap, crosswrap, or pincurl.
Rollerset- I pincurl.
Curly(Strawset, tight flexrods)-I just tie it with a satin scarf and layer w/ a satin bonnet.

I always sleep w/ a satin scarf and layer w/ a bonnet.

Last edited: