Argan Oil?

LivingDol1

Hi ladies,

So I've heard about how Argan Oil is really great for hair.... but when i've seen it in store or online, i've never been able to find "pure" argan oil. it always has fillers or cones and whatnot.

So, where do you ladies get argan oil?

Do relaxed ladies use it as well as naturals? Anyone had bad results from it?

thanks. :)

SimplyLeesh

I use the argan oil from sally's, but they do have the extras in them. The brand names are "one and only" or "proclaim moroccan oil". I use argan oil whenever I heat style and its a great protectant, smoother and sealer. Also, a little bit goes a long way and its non greasy. I have no bad results from using it and I used argan oil in my siggy.

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

i used moroccan oil (argan oil w/fillers:ohwell:) for the first time tonight after my stylist used it when i got highlights. it worked really well and i'm looking for pure argan oil too. i'll be looking to see what others post as well. i bought the smallest bottle of moroccan oil because my hair generally doesn't like cones. it's only a matter of time before the relationship turns bad...a little does go a long way though.

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

I bought an 8 oz. bottle of Virgin Organic Argan Oil from fromnaturewithlove.com during a 20% off sale. I've had it since 2009 and still have a 1/2 a bottle left. I plan on ordering another bottle during their BF sale.

Like others have said, a little goes a long way. I use it on my mother's relaxed hair/scalp and my natural hair. I use it in my DCs and add it to my whipped shea butter I put on my skin. It's a wonderful oil!!

blessedandlucky

thanks! this is my next stop!
I bought an 8 oz. bottle of Virgin Organic Argan Oil from fromnaturewithlove.com during a 20% off sale. I've had it since 2009 and still have a 1/2 a bottle left. I plan on ordering another bottle during their BF sale.

Like others have said, a little goes a long way. I use it on my mother's relaxed hair/scalp and my natural hair. I use it in my DCs and add it to my whipped shea butter I put on my skin. It's a wonderful oil!!

Pompous Blue

thanks! this is my next stop!
@blessedandlucky I just looked at camdengrey.com's website and they have unadulterated, refined Argan oil for much cheaper. I may order from them during the Black Friday sales. And if they don't have one this year, I'll order from them at the end of the year.

I love camdengrey.com. They have excellent Customer Service. I ordered from them Kukui nut oil, Palm red, butter, Cupuacu butter, Hemp seed, butter, and Kokum butter June 16, 2010. I had a shipping notice and tracking number June 17, 2010. During the shipping process Fed-ex damaged my package during shipment. This is the e-mail I received from them 6/24/10:

Thanks for your order which shipped on 6/17 via FedEx Ground, Sandra. The package arrived at our warehouse today, returned by FedEx, because a product melted and leaked.

The package should have been delivered to you on 6/18, the day after we shipped. We’re asking FedEx for an explanation of why delivery did not take place on the 18th and why the package was subjected to extensive travel thru Georgia and then to Pensacola.

We’re reshipping today. As before, we’ll email you tracking information. Do you recall receiving your previous tracking notice? We haven’t had any inquiries from you asking for order status.

Please be on the lookout for this delivery tomorrow.

Cordially,

Vivian
Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc.
Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc.

I received my order the next day! I couldn't believe I didn't have to haggle with them about a damaged package or some such nonsense!
what and when is BF sale? i'm going to wait for that too...20% sounds good.
BF is Black Friday. It's Friday, Nov 26, 2010, this year! Our company gives us Thursday and Friday as Thanksgiving Holiday. So, I usually stay up 'til midnight refreshing the websites I want to order from so that I can get my orders in early......Then I go out and shop at brick and mortar stores! I LOVE BF SALES!

I don't know why I forgot about camdengrey. I found out about them on LHCF. So, it's a toss-up between them and FNWL where I will buy my oils from....hmmmm. I've got to start planning!

SelfStyled

ITA with you about Pompous, Camden Grey is awesome. I have purchased 100% Argan Oil there too, and I love it.

I like the 100% oil, but I also like the ones with cones too. If I am using heat the Argan with cones is just perfect, where as the Natural Argan is good for sealing, or adding to DC's.