How do YOU use Porosity Control?

NYLegalNewbie

So, tell me. How do you use Porosity Control (conditioner)?

Do you use it right after you wash out and neutralize your hair from a relaxer?

Or do you use it a few days after a relaxer...or do you use it on a weekly or bi-weekly basis?

I've been using it about 2 to 3 days post-relaxer (shampoo and conditioner) to help bring down the pH of my hair.

meaganita

I'm a natural who bought Porosity Control for detangling and moisture retaining purposes. I used it once, first shampoo then conditioned. I wasn't impressed at all. I found it to be runny and ineffective.:ohwell: Perhaps it's better suited for relaxed ladies.

Angelicus

I actually used it with heat. After rinsing it out, I conditioned as normal. Honestly, it made a HUGE difference on my hair. It made my hair lay down flatter and made my conditioner work better.

gymfreak336

I love this stuff. I am relaxed and I use to help keep my hair detangled especially when I have newgrowth or an underprocessed. I shampoo my hair as usual, apply the conditioner and finger pull it through, let it sit for just a minute or two and rinse. I follow with my regular conditioner. My hair feels much smoother and easier to style afterwards.

newflowers

I learned about PC from this board, so I've only used it twice while relaxing - once in July and once in Septemeber. My relaxing process is rather complicated, but I use the PC after the after the reconstructor/protein step to make sure the pH level is down and all of the lovely silk amino acids are safely inside the cuticle that will be nice and flat. Afterwards, I do the deep moisture conditioning step. I think it works and have seem a positive difference.

I wash and deep condition twice a week and use PC at one of the times. After the wash and before the DC step.

I really like this product and will continue to use it.

LadyZ

It's a pretty good conditioner... I don't self relax, so I do not know anything about using it after rinsing out relaxer... I use mine mixed with my conditioner(I add about 2 tablespoons) when my hair is acting up or after I have done a clarifying wash... They say it prepares the hair for a conditioning treatment, so I guess you put it on then rinse out after about 5 minutes or less, then proceed to your deep conditioning treatment... Everyone uses it different... so unfortunately you will have to experiment to see what works best for your hair:spinning:... HTH

These ladies will give more advice about it

zoya_j

I got my touch up last week after work, I put pc on dry hair including ng in the morning before going to work. For dc I usually shampoo then work the pc thru then add my conditioner and go under the heat cap 30-45 min

I put it on my dry relaxed hair (ends) right before a relaxer to avoid double processing with run-off when wash the relaxer from my hair.

Brownie518

I love this stuff. I am relaxed and I use to help keep my hair detangled especially when I have newgrowth or an underprocessed. I shampoo my hair as usual, apply the conditioner and finger pull it through, let it sit for just a minute or two and rinse. I follow with my regular conditioner. My hair feels much smoother and easier to style afterwards.

:yep: I use it like this, also. I also like applying it right after rinsing my relaxer. I love it:grin:

Ms Lala

I"m natural, I mix it with a moisturizing conditioner. I use it when my ends feel a little brittle and it leaves them super soft.

InJesusName

I must be different. I have used it twice before relaxing and it seems to protect the hair well. The day before relaxing, I use it just like the bottle says. I put it on wet hair (I just let water run through my hair in the shower so I won't irritate my scalp). I comb out the hair while wet taking extra caution not to let the comb touch the scalp. I divide the hair into four sections and let it air dry. My hair is dry prior to the chemical service, and I don't think the stylist even notices.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
So it's safe to say that everyone is using the PC before using a deep conditioner? I read somewhere that using the PC after a DC helps to seal in the conditioner. Does anyone agree with this?

Soliel185

I thought it was to seal the cuticle also - the shampoo says to use before a chemical service. So I always thought wash a few days before relaxer - relax, us PC to seal your cuticle after your reconstructor. Right now I mix it into by DC mix which is usually a mash up of a bunch of stuff in a bowl and it leaves my hair smooth and slippery. I haven't actually done a chemical service since I bought it (I'm 18wks post) , so I'm not sure of how it works in that instance.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I thought it was to seal the cuticle also - the shampoo says to use before a chemical service. So I always thought wash a few days before relaxer - relax, us PC to seal your cuticle after your reconstructor. Right now I mix it into by DC mix which is usually a mash up of a bunch of stuff in a bowl and it leaves my hair smooth and slippery. I haven't actually done a chemical service since I bought it (I'm 18wks post) , so I'm not sure of how it works in that instance.

I read somewhere it was to seal your cuticle. Wow 18 weeks post are you transitioning. What products are you using? Please advise

Soliel185

I read somewhere it was to seal your cuticle. Wow 18 weeks post are you transitioning. What products are you using? Please advise

It involved ALOT of buns. I was undecided for awhile. But ultimately I finally concluded that I want to reach a relaxed goal and then transition and meet my natural goal as well. So I went to 16wks with it out, a then braided it up for the winter, which is what ruined my hair in the first place. My main products were my moisture mix ( aloe vera gelly, glycerine, grapefruit EO ( for scent ) and filtered water ) in a spray bottle, and my oil mix ( peanut, jojoba, olive, and coconut with some SAA) in a spray bottle along with a dab of Lacio Lacio, castor oil, and NTM silk touch for my ends. The moisture spray work SOOO well for my NG that I got through it with v. little breakage. Castor and Peanut oil are miracles. Next I'm trying avocado oil. Adding honey to my dc helped alot too with shine and moisture. My trick to finding good ingredients in LHCF ( of course!) and reading the backs of products that are supposed to be really good. I find out what the key ingredients are and then go buy it at the health food store -- so far so good! I have 4a/b hair naturally and at first I would flat iron 1x per week to blend the two textures...but after about a month I just stopped and it was fine. I think the MSM I'm taking has helped along with the sulfer in BT. By the time I take my braids out ( in march ) I'll be...41wks post I think..So I'm looking forward to seeing how much I've gained since then. I want to be MBL for my b-day in April. :yep:

Sorry to be so long winded -- I'm just excited b/c LHCF has helped me so much and I cannot wait to see my results this spring!

Evazhair

I only use the conditioner if I really feel that I need it... i.e.:protein conditioners.
When I chelate, I mix some of the poo with my chelating poo, with good results.
I have a container of pc, coconut oil and praital silkworm, but I havent tried it yet

deejoy

I use it as a base before I relax, then to neutralize after a relaxer. I also use it every time I cowash. It makes my hair flatter and more manageable.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
It involved ALOT of buns. I was undecided for awhile. But ultimately I finally concluded that I want to reach a relaxed goal and then transition and meet my natural goal as well. So I went to 16wks with it out, a then braided it up for the winter, which is what ruined my hair in the first place. My main products were my moisture mix ( aloe vera gelly, glycerine, grapefruit EO ( for scent ) and filtered water ) in a spray bottle, and my oil mix ( peanut, jojoba, olive, and coconut with some SAA) in a spray bottle along with a dab of Lacio Lacio, castor oil, and NTM silk touch for my ends. The moisture spray work SOOO well for my NG that I got through it with v. little breakage. Castor and Peanut oil are miracles. Next I'm trying avocado oil. Adding honey to my dc helped alot too with shine and moisture. My trick to finding good ingredients in LHCF ( of course!) and reading the backs of products that are supposed to be really good. I find out what the key ingredients are and then go buy it at the health food store -- so far so good! I have 4a/b hair naturally and at first I would flat iron 1x per week to blend the two textures...but after about a month I just stopped and it was fine. I think the MSM I'm taking has helped along with the sulfer in BT. By the time I take my braids out ( in march ) I'll be...41wks post I think..So I'm looking forward to seeing how much I've gained since then. I want to be MBL for my b-day in April. :yep:

Sorry to be so long winded -- I'm just excited b/c LHCF has helped me so much and I cannot wait to see my results this spring!

Thank you working on trying long stretch past 4 mos

Princess Pie

I also use it on my dry hair (except newgrowth) before relaxing, and then again during the neutralizing step (after the reconstructor). Sometimes I add to to my conditioners when I DC.

Cleve_gryl

I just used the poo and con for the first time...Great stuff!! I clarified, PC poo, normal DC, PC con rinse. The poo is very gentle and left my hair soft and slippy before the DC. The rinse left my hair sealed and very easy to detangle at 9 weeks post.

lonei

When relaxing, I use it before my Coulor

When washing, I use it as a final rinse (after my DC) and detangle in the shower

Moroni

I actually used it with heat. After rinsing it out, I conditioned as normal. Honestly, it made a HUGE difference on my hair. It made my hair lay down flatter and made my conditioner work better.

Oh, Anky!!! Honey, I'm so sorry that happened to you, too. Is her life still in danger??? About 5 years ago a *_(##&U*%**!!! hacked my BSL off right after saying, "Trust me" :wallbash: and I'm on my way back.

Have you tried the porosity control with air drying?

Ms. Plain Jane

I put it on my dry relaxed hair (ends) right before a relaxer to avoid double processing with run-off when wash the relaxer from my hair.

That's smart! I have to try that!

Did you notice a difference in your hair after you began to use PC on previously relaxed hair before a relaxer, compared to not putting any thing on previously relaxed hair before a relaxer?

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I use the conditioner on my ends before applying the relaxer. I use the poo during relaxer time, after I wash out the protein conditioner and neutralize.