Naturals and Transitioners how many times do you use porosity control?

Yoshi3329

:hiya: Just subscribed. I've been a lurker for a while, but have now decided to subscribe :grin:

I was just wondering if I could ask a few questions about porosity control? I'm transitioning and and I bought porosity control because of you ladies. Terrible for my pockets really, but my hair feels amazing! However, I've read that you shouldn't use porosity products every week. How many times do you use it and since I'm transitioning using braids, should I wait after I take down my braids or do some of you ladies use porosity control products while in braids? If so how do you manage that?

Thanks.:grin:

ETA: How do add a poll on this thing?

Last edited:

Alta Angel

Welcome!!!

I use PC twice a month with no problems. I usually wash my hair in about 6 braids and I pretty much follow the directions on the bottle.

HTH

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
im about to do a longgggggg stretch for a year and more.

but i never heard of porosity control until a few weeks ago, never tried it. dont know if i need it either.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Never used it. I did a porosity test and my hair floated which I think means the cuticle is closed so I decided not to venture down that path. I've got enough going on, LOL.